2024 NFL Combine (list of participants) CANES start 2/29

Advertisement
When it comes to the Combine, Mario's recruited kids are not even eligible for until next year. So the only thing you can go on are Manny's kids and portal kids. Tell me I'm wrong? How is it an excuse to base Mario's talent on projections, when that's all we have?

As far as winning, not NFL draft, I agree Mario needs to win more games. I also agree with you that the talent isn't championship level. Why is that? Maybe because the team he inherited was devoid of field-ready talent. It have had some hypothetical or potential talent. But the facts that literally the best guys going pro from Manny's team just performed worse than nearly every other Combine invitee. So WTF do you say it's gross or pathetic to still be blaming Manny? The reason Mario is losing just waddled down the track in front of your eyes this weekend.

So yes, Mario deserves a ton of criticism for a ton of things. I often agree with you on some of your points. But you seem find fault with EVERYTHING he does, which is exhausting and annoying. It can be true that he has made some horrible mistakes while at the same time being true that he is capped in terms of wins by how decimated in talent and culture the team and program had become.
You dismiss a very large portion of Mario's job that I dont agree with. That is the root of your issues with my sentiment. We could have had better players on our team via recruiting or the portal. I do not hold Manny accountable for that. I'm not rehashing all this over with you. If you want to continue spending any part of the next half decade discussing a coach that was fired 3 years ago do it without me.

Last edited:
I couldn't have made a better argument.

I'm not going to defend the guy for failing to have a serviceable backup for TVD, or for losing Jackson and replacing him with Deen/Gore who were barely rotational quality, or for failing to get a real WR1 or another top DB. I assume it was because he was busy replacing all the weak links on his staff that he had to fire. I'm certainly not going to defend him for taking a knee, or only playing McCormick at TE and going full Neanderthal after TVD starting throwing picks. Mario has a lot of flaws.

At the same time, IMHO, it's magical thinking to expect him to be able to get every top portal kid and underclassman available. I think he's done exceptionally well, better than anyone has done with talent acquisition in the same amount of time since Butch. I also think he's moved on and learned from those terrible mistakes. Just one example -- you don't go get a Cam Ward to match up with your Air Raid OC if you only want to play bro ball.

I'm not going to defend the guy for failing to have a serviceable backup for TVD, or for losing Jackson and replacing him with Deen/Gore who were barely rotational quality, or for failing to get a real WR1 or another top DB. I assume it was because he was busy replacing all the weak links on his staff that he had to fire. I'm certainly not going to defend him for taking a knee, or only playing McCormick at TE and going full Neanderthal after TVD starting throwing picks. Mario has a lot of flaws.

At the same time, IMHO, it's magical thinking to expect him to be able to get every top portal kid and underclassman available. I think he's done exceptionally well, better than anyone has done with talent acquisition in the same amount of time since Butch. I also think he's moved on and learned from those terrible mistakes. Just one example -- you don't go get a Cam Ward to match up with your Air Raid OC if you only want to play bro ball.
So the most extreme extent is the only other option available? I personally would settle for better, but yes, on a scale of the impossible, Mario doesn't measure up.

It’s actually closer to 9 wins for PSU, but go off. Lol

Secondly, Garvin tested as AVERAGE at the combine. Lol 7th round pick.

I’m convinced when u post, u look at raw data vs. full examination.

How many 10+ wins have we had in the past 10 yrs? How many 10+ wins have they had in that same time frame?

How many times have we won a bowl game in the past 10 yrs? How many times have they won a bowl game in the past yrs?

How many Conference titles have we won in the last 10 yrs? How many have they won?

How many NY6 bowls have we played in? How many have we won? Now what about them?

Also, the only reason they’ve avg. 8.8 wins over the past 10 yrs is b/c PSU played a half schedule in 2020, unlike us. If u take away 2020, Franklin avg. wins are 9.3 per year. And u think I wouldn’t take that when we’ve been a perennial 7-5 team every season?

But back to ur athlete take, lol.

Garvin DE: 4.82 40
Parson Edge: 4.36 40

Knock it off, bro. Our most explosive players we’ve had here have been transfers from other schools, namely Phillips & Stevenson. We’ve had far few in between explosive athletes that’s been recruited over numerous regimes, & the results on the field have shown. Why u’re attempting to remotely argue to the contrary is beyond me. Maybe ur username should be changed to ContrarianCalinative_UMHomer
What in the **** are you even talking about right now? I'm convinced you've made up an entire argument in your brain and are debating that, cause just about none of what you're saying has relevance to what I said and the point lol. You keep making this about PSU vs Miami when that was irrelevant. I said PSU has elite athletes yet it isn't leading to them doing much. So you saying well derp they're doing better than us (which I've literally already agreed with) has zero value lol.

Like what reason at all are you comparing Garvin to Micah ******* Parsons? Lol. Literally at no point was I arguing our guys are more athletic than theirs. And second of all is your point that if someone isn't as athletic as Parsons than they can't also be considered a great athlete? How dumb. Literally I just listed like the most athletic guys from that that we produced. There aren't that many. PSU has a **** load. I even said they're top 3 as far as producing elite athletes under Franklin. So I really don't get your point.

.... But you also defended whatever point you thought you were making in the worst possible way - just by listing 40 time between Parsons and Garvin lol... Then you say I'm the one just using raw data... Lol for an edge 3 cone, broad jump, and length are the most important combine results imo. 40 is okay, but not that big of a deal. Yeah Parsons is an elite athlete, mainly because of his 40. He is obviously an elite player. But again that has nothing AT ALL to do with me saying Garvin was a great athlete. Man...

Oh and let me know where I said a single thing about our best athletes being from the portal or not...lol once again you're literally just making irrelevant **** up
Screenshot_20240303-193623.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
You dismiss a very large portion of Mario's job that I dont agree with. That is the root of your issues with my sentiment. We could have had better players on our team via recruiting or the portal. I do not hold Manny accountable for that. I'm not rehashing all this over with you. If you want to continue spending any part of the next half decade discussing a coach that was fired 3 years ago do it without me.

This is deductive reasoning::
A. We only have three non-portal guys who at the Combine, and they are performing terribly.
B. The only non-portal guys who are eligible for a combine invite are Manny's recruits
C. Therefore, Manny's at fault (not Mario) when it comes to the talent of the non-portal kids who are at the combine or were eligible to be at the combine bur didn't receive and invitation.

I'm happy to use logic with or without you.

So the most extreme extent is the only other option available? I personally would settle for better, but yes, on a scale of the impossible, Mario doesn't measure up.

I need to go to sleep, and we're clearly not going to change each other's opinions on Mario. My general take is that he's imperfect, sometimes glaringly so. But he's also really frickin good at certain things, sometimes also glaringly so. And those good things outweigh the bad. Come next November, you and I will be on the same page one way or the other. So peace out.

This is deductive reasoning::
A. We only have three non-portal guys who at the Combine, and they are performing terribly.
B. The only non-portal guys who are eligible for a combine invite are Manny's recruits
C. Therefore, Manny's at fault (not Mario) when it comes to the talent of the non-portal kids who are at the combine or were eligible to be at the combine bur didn't receive and invitation.

I'm happy to use logic with or without you.
Does your logic include the fact that at least 12 of the 14 draft eligble portal players went undrafted. Does your deductive reasoning account for the at best 4 out of 28 portal players being drafted(2022,2023). Or the maybe 7 out of close to 37 after this season (2022-24). That is an alarming number of portal players that are not good enough to play in the NFL. If you think the only alternative is the best ever than GG.

What in the **** are you even talking about right now? I'm convinced you've made up an entire argument in your brain and are debating that, cause just about none of what you're saying has relevance to what I said and the point lol. You keep making this about PSU vs Miami when that was irrelevant. I said PSU has elite athletes yet it isn't leading to them doing much. So you saying well derp they're doing better than us (which I've literally already agreed with) has zero value lol.

Like what reason at all are you comparing Garvin to Micah ******* Parsons? Lol. Literally at no point was I arguing our guys are more athletic than theirs. And second of all is your point that if someone isn't as athletic as Parsons than they can't also be considered a great athlete? How dumb. Literally I just listed like the most athletic guys from that that we produced. There aren't that many. PSU has a **** load. I even said they're top 3 as far as producing elite athletes under Franklin. So I really don't get your point.

.... But you also defended whatever point you thought you were making in the worst possible way - just by listing 40 time between Parsons and Garvin lol... Then you say I'm the one just using raw data... Lol for an edge 3 cone, broad jump, and length are the most important combine results imo. 40 is okay, but not that big of a deal. Yeah Parsons is an elite athlete, mainly because of his 40. He is obviously an elite player. But again that has nothing AT ALL to do with me saying Garvin was a great athlete. Man...

Oh and let me know where I said a single thing about our best athletes being from the portal or not...lol once again you're literally just making irrelevant **** up

“You keep making this about PSU vs Miami when that was irrelevant. I said PSU has elite athletes yet it isn't leading to them doing much.”

U’re a real doofus. U can’t even keep up w/ what u say. I specifically asked u:

When u say “nothing w/ them” r u referring to NFL success, or collegiate? If it’s the latter, u’re assuredly mistaken.

Do u not recall that, genius? U said they’ve done nothing w/ them, & I said U’RE ASSUREDLY MISTAKEN. I’ve said I would take their results everyday & tomorrow. I then pointed out the players from their program that’s done well at the NFL level.

Ur dumb *** then decided to compare them to us, dummy, not me. So what the FCK r u talking about? And before u remotely try to twist the order of events, let me provide the occurrence:

Your post I replied to:

My IMMEDIATE REPLY:

Your REPLY to my Response:

So who in tf brought up a comparison? Who in tf brought up players we had drafted, including Garvin? Ur dumb *** just like to see urself post, & u’re incoherent af, can’t remember how discussions take place, b/c your *** HAVE TO BE RIGHT AND R A WALKING CONTRADICTION. But don’t worry, homie, in 2024 I said I’m not going back & forth w/ ppl, & I’m blocking bonafide dummies. Welcome to the block party, & stop making my state look bad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
“You keep making this about PSU vs Miami when that was irrelevant. I said PSU has elite athletes yet it isn't leading to them doing much.”

U’re a real doofus. U can’t even keep up w/ what u say. I specifically asked u:

When u say “nothing w/ them” r u referring to NFL success, or collegiate? If it’s the latter, u’re assuredly mistaken.

Do u not recall that, genius? U said they’ve done nothing w/ them, & I said U’RE ASSUREDLY MISTAKEN. I’ve said I would take their results everyday & tomorrow. I then pointed out the players from their program that’s done well at the NFL level.

Ur dumb *** then decided to compare them to us, dummy, not me. So what the FCK r u talking about? And before u remotely try to twist the order of events, let me provide the occurrence:

Your post I replied to:

My IMMEDIATE REPLY:

Your REPLY to my Response:

So who in tf brought up a comparison? Who in tf brought up players we had drafted, including Garvin? Ur dumb *** just like to see urself post, & u’re incoherent af, can’t remember how discussions take place, b/c your *** HAVE TO BE RIGHT AND R A WALKING CONTRADICTION. But don’t worry, homie, in 2024 I said I’m not going back & forth w/ ppl, & I’m blocking bonafide dummies. Welcome to the block party, & stop making my state look bad.
Him/Shim/Them prefers the term clown.

lol just bc, they haven’t won a national championship does not mean they haven’t been relatively successful.
Exactly. And they’ve had more successful than us over the past 10 years and I think that’s the point which should be unarguable.

Advertisement
I think a lot of us saw his flaws but also saw his contributions and potential and both hoped and expected he’d perform better than he did. I personally didn’t believe the Day 1 Day 2 hype but expected him to do much better than he did. If you believed he would be one of the lowest rated DTs coming out of the combine then congrats for being so perceptive.
I didn’t give the combine any thought to any Miami players. Because none of them were any good. I didn’t give one **** where he would be rated as a DT. I just watched him play a few games and knew he was a jag underachiever and sure as **** didn’t do **** here. So the last thing I wanted to see was players like him coming back for his senior year. Miami has had players way way better that LT who haven’t accomplished **** at the nfl level. Just can’t get over the love fest that so many posters on this board have for south Florida players that just don’t do ****. Like Brashard Smith & Don Chaney to name a couple. Never happier to see a couple of total ******* jags hit the bricks. Taylor and Williams and Kam. Only guys I will miss are guys that weren’t ours from the start. Like Cohen and Lee.

Last edited:
lol just bc, they haven’t won a national championship does not mean they haven’t been relatively successful.
Did I say they weren’t successful? They’ve been good. Hey y’all wanna say beating OSU and Michigan 3 times a decade is great for psu, sure call it that lol. Far better than us. But it’s not about not winning a national championship, **** they were never in the discussion/running really. …

I said they’ve produced elite athletes at a rate that surpasses pretty much every program, and it hasn’t led to them being better than every program now has it. Having the best athletes isn’t the be all end all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back