2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait so you want to take a victory lap after telling us literally yesterday that we shouldn’t expect Miami to compete with top programs for NIL?

Also, if just ONE picks UM? DL class supposed to be biblical, and you want to puff your chest for going 1-7 on top targets? Weirdly left out Scott Stewart, Rushing & Stone… One should be bare minimum. It goes both ways here.
Uh I said "top" as in not top 5 because that's how OTHERS were referring to it. Yesterday I was defending our NIL lol...Thinking we're going to outspend Texas and A&M, or any of like 10 teams if they go all in one year, yeah that should NOT be the expectation. I much rather us stay consistently like 10th in spending. I'd consider that a top NIL player, yet others don't. Like UF this year seems like they're spending a **** load. Will they consistently be outspending us? Probably not once they suck this year. Lots of programs will ebb and flow in their NIL spending. Like If USC goes all out with the bags, do I think we will match? nope. **** USC probably is another program that will consistently outspend us...

Also, If just one more picks UM, that would be 3 fringe/actual 5 star prospects on the Dline - even according to many on this board as well as the recruiting sites. So yes, I think that would be quite a great result. I'd personally prefer 2 of them being DTs and one being EDGE though....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Uh I said "top" as in not top 5 because that's how OTHERS were referring to it. Yesterday I was defending our NIL lol...Thinking we're going to outspend Texas and A&M, or any of like 10 teams if they go all in one year, yeah that should NOT be the expectation. I much rather us stay consistently like 10th in spending. I'd consider that a top NIL player, yet others don't. Like UF this year seems like they're spending a **** load. Will they consistently be outspending us? Probably not once they suck this year. Lots of programs will ebb and flow in their NIL spending. Like If USC goes all out with the bags, do I think we will match? nope. Same with plenty of programs.

Also, If just one more picks UM, that would be 3 fringe/actual 5 star prospects on the Dline - even according to many on this board as well as the recruiting sites. So yes, I think that would be quite a great result. I'd personally prefer 2 of them being DTs and one being EDGE though....
UF will outspend us. you underestimate how much money they have

bruh you didnt hear? pretty sure @RVACane was getting too many middle finger emojis so they nuked it from the options. Impossible to select now.

Also, just kidding about RVA getting rid of it, it was most like Bandrew but regardless it is gone because people got upset that someone was giving them the finger, virtually.
Nah man good move tho I hated that thing but I love when Leeds dishes them out

No dog in this fight....but it wouldn't be just one. Lightfoot belongs in that group and a very good argument can be made that Jones does as well.
Also I agree that it's great to celebrate a commitment but victory laps are not necessary......until signing day! Lol
Solid points. Lightfoot and AJ are future NFL players, no doubt about that - Amazing pickups.

The difference is the group named in original post are all (or potentially) top 20-25 players.

It’s like missing out on Cormani and saying hey man we got Damari. Both are great, but there’s levels to in. Needle movers.

UF will outspend us. you underestimate how much money they have
That really wasn't my point though... Insert whatever team in there that randomly will majorly outspend, and most years be less than us. I'm just saying I'd rather be like at a consistently increasing level. Pretty much everyone with knowledge of our NIL situation is saying we INCREASED spending this year. Maybe we go all in for a QB, and that could account for us having a significant jump one year, then back down.... But otherwise I'm fine with what I see as our NIL gameplan.

Advertisement
Solid points. Lightfoot and AJ are future NFL players, no doubt about that - Amazing pickups.

The difference is the group named in original post are all (or potentially) top 20-25 players.

It’s like missing out on Cormani and saying hey man we got Damari. Both are great, but there’s levels to in. Needle movers.
Fair enough. Hopefully it goes our way tomorrow and it's the start of a great run.

Stone - 6th overall
Simmons - 8th overall
Breland - 34th overall
Franklin - 45th overall

So it's more like NOT missing out on Cormani (because all of the above still haven't picked a school yet) but still complaining about missing them. Can we at least miss on them before everyone acts like we did?

Uh I said "top" as in not top 5 because that's how OTHERS were referring to it. Yesterday I was defending our NIL lol...Thinking we're going to outspend Texas and A&M, or any of like 10 teams if they go all in one year, yeah that should NOT be the expectation. I much rather us stay consistently like 10th in spending. I'd consider that a top NIL player, yet others don't. Like UF this year seems like they're spending a **** load. Will they consistently be outspending us? Probably not once they suck this year. Lots of programs will ebb and flow in their NIL spending. Like If USC goes all out with the bags, do I think we will match? nope. Same with plenty of programs.

Solid take. I see your argument.

Question though, if what you say (Miami should be around 10th nationally on average spending) is true… then shouldn’t you expect more? Miami skimped heavily on QB, OL, CB, S, LB - never really recruited top 25-50 players at these positions.

That money was (supposedly) allocated almost entirely on the DL. If that’s the case (like it was with OL last year) the minimum expectations should be at least two top 25 players like Samson & Francis. It can still be done, I have hope. Just holding them to the standard they held themselves too.

Advertisement
If he does pick us, nobody in this thread/ahfuas/or Franklins that's been *****ing for the last two weeks about NIL deserve to celebrate at all.
Really? Because we were landing all of our targets? Because our NIL was where it needed to be? On some, sure … on others not so much apparently. Ahfua and Franklin seem to be trending elsewhere. If we lose Ahfua - an IOL - to aTm - you really think it’s because of distance and not NIL, Cali?

Please don’t become one of those slurpers. I hate those ******* slurpers.

200.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
bruh you didnt hear? pretty sure @RVACane was getting too many middle finger emojis so they nuked it from the options. Impossible to select now.

Also, just kidding about RVA getting rid of it, it was most like Bandrew but regardless it is gone because people got upset that someone was giving them the finger, virtually.
THAT CRAZY.. lol..

Solid take. I see your argument.

Question though, if what you say (Miami should be around 10th nationally on average spending) is true… then shouldn’t you expect more? Miami skimped heavily on QB, OL, CB, S, LB - never really recruited top 25-50 players at these positions.

That money was (supposedly) allocated almost entirely on the DL. If that’s the case (like it was with OL last year) the minimum expectations should be at least two top 25 players like Samson & Francis. It can still be done, I have hope. Just holding them to the standard they held themselves too.
Depends how you look at it.

If we AVERAGE 10th in spending, that doesn't have to mean that year we are 10th in spending. For instance lets say our budget last year put us at exactly 10th in spending, and this year we spend more. However 3 schools that spent less in 23, are outspending us in 24. Then in 25 those 3 schools end up dropping down to below us, but a different 2-4 jump up and outspend us. And potentially rinse and repeat. It's different schools each time that are outspending us. So over a 3 year average we spent more than those 6 individual schools that outspent us in 24 and 25... yet in each individual year we weren't the 10th highest spender, but we averaged 10th..

I think whether we are 7th or like 13th in spending, At the end of the day what will matter is the on-field results. If you're not blowing everyone NIL offer out the water, at the end of the day the most important thing is success on the field and developing them into NFL players.

Stone - 6th overall
Simmons - 8th overall
Breland - 34th overall
Franklin - 45th overall

So it's more like NOT missing out on Cormani (because all of the above still haven't picked a school yet) but still complaining about missing them. Can we at least miss on them before everyone acts like we did?
I don’t think any (sane) fan is seriously complaining about missing out on uncommitted players yet. But more about the ones already missed - more urgency comes with each miss.

As far as rankings (and the DL priority) go the top 8 players we wanted on DL were as follows:

Stewart, Stone, Simmons, Scott, Rushing, Breland, Franklin & Lightfoot. - IMO the narrative has never changed, we need 3 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back