2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 5-star EDGE from literal Texas and the #8 player isn't? Regardless, no reason to debate. Both sent/would send shockwaves through this sport and get the fanbase through the roof. Just hope the kid wakes up tomorrow and wants to be in paradise.
If he does pick us, nobody in this thread/ahfuas/or Franklins that's been *****ing for the last two weeks about NIL deserve to celebrate at all.

Advertisement
I won't do anything but mercilessly **** on every single little ***** on the recruiting board if Simmons, Breland, and/or Franklin pick us, Idgaf.
Yeah sick dude. Beat your chest like you knew it all along. Only a fool could doubt Mario you ungrateful losers.

(We'd still be 14th in the class rankings even by landing the best edge rusher in the country)

Advertisement
Yeah sick dude. Beat your chest like you knew it all along. Only a fool could doubt Mario you ungrateful losers.

(We'd still be 14th in the class rankings even by landing the best edge rusher in the country)
I didn't know it all along. At all. In fact I have never thought we were really even in it for Simmons. Making top 3 is much better than I even thought we'd do in this recruitment. None of us know if Simmons/Breland/any of these guys are choosing us. That's not my point. My point is everyone in the recruiting board acting like we're dead in the water at the beginning of August before the Season has even started, or like if we don't land five 5stars along the Dline this recruiting class is a failure, is one of this biggest bleeding ****** moments on this board ever. This season and our future - especially in recruiting - is shaping up to look great. Yet everyone wants to act like this program is ending or worse off now than at any point in the last 20 years. It's a joke.

(I don't really care what we rank by recruiting sites on August 10th)

A 5-star EDGE from literal Texas and the #8 player isn't? Regardless, no reason to debate. Both sent/would send shockwaves through this sport and get the fanbase through the roof. Just hope the kid wakes up tomorrow and wants to be in paradise.
I think this would be more significant. Last summer we were swimming in optimism and momentum on the trail with a blank slate on the field and a all star staff.

Now we are under one of the worse 5-7 seen to man and a new staff and low momentum and alot of negativity.

Yeah its balance though. It would be significant step before more steps to be taken. Shouldnt be overblown and shouldnt be disregarded. Because u would go the opposite direction if we dont pick him up. Wrong or right?

Yeah its balance though. It would be significant step before more steps to be taken. Shouldnt be overblown and shouldnt be disregarded. Because u would go the opposite direction if we dont pick him up. Wrong or right?
100%. IF it were to happen, it should be viewed exactly like you stated. More work to do, but a monumental win at a position everyone covets.

Advertisement
100%. IF it were to happen, it should be viewed exactly like you stated. More work to do, but a monumental win at a position everyone covets.
But if 3 days ago the sky was falling, then tomorrow he picked us, what exactly changed regarding his recruiting by us? Nothing. Yet during those few days, us fans (well not me) with pretty much zero info are ****ting all over the program/coach/nil/etc... And just manifesting negativity.

Imo people really need to stop overreacting to stuff regarding uncommitted guys - positive or negative. Save the celebrating for the guys we actually landed, and the *****ing and moaning for the guys we actually missed. That would be far more productive.

@LeedsCane I'm still looking for the middle finger emoji. That would make my day.
bruh you didnt hear? pretty sure @RVACane was getting too many middle finger emojis so they nuked it from the options. Impossible to select now.

Also, just kidding about RVA getting rid of it, it was most like Bandrew but regardless it is gone because people got upset that someone was giving them the finger, virtually.

bruh you didnt hear? pretty sure @RVACane was getting too many middle finger emojis so they nuked it from the options. Impossible to select now.

Also, just kidding about RVA getting rid of it, it was most like Bandrew but regardless it is gone because people got upset that someone was giving them the finger, virtually.
No, RVA led the charge to get rid of it.

Advertisement
No, RVA led the charge to get rid of it.
I digress. back to blaming RVA.

Edit:
.……..…../´¯/)………… (\¯`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../´¯/…./´¯\………../¯ `\….\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_……_| .\….\….\…\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….)… )
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(…………)……………./

Last edited:
C'mon Mario, we can do this!!!
Derek Chauvin Verdict GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement
I won't do anything but mercilessly **** on every single little ***** on the recruiting board if Simmons, Breland, and/or Franklin pick us, Idgaf.
Wait so you want to take a victory lap after telling us literally yesterday that we shouldn’t expect Miami to compete with top programs for NIL?

Also, if just ONE picks UM? DL class supposed to be biblical, and you want to puff your chest for going 1-7 on top targets? Weirdly left out Scott Stewart, Rushing & Stone… One should be bare minimum. It goes both ways here.

Wait so you want to take a victory lap after telling us literally yesterday that we shouldn’t expect Miami to compete with top programs for NIL?

Also, if just ONE picks UM? DL class supposed to be biblical, and you want to puff your chest for going 1-7 on top targets? Weirdly left out Scott Stewart, Rushing & Stone… One should be bare minimum. It goes both ways here.
No dog in this fight....but it wouldn't be just one. Lightfoot belongs in that group and a very good argument can be made that Jones does as well.
Also I agree that it's great to celebrate a commitment but victory laps are not necessary......until signing day! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back