2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It’s easy to say “ just pay more for everyone when it’s not your money or you haven’t paid anything in“. You can’t just throw money at every recruit and think that’ll last. It also doesn’t guarantee long term success.

At some point most high level kids want to see a program thats winning , developing players , getting a lot of guys drafted and putting them in schemes to make them successful. On top of that we’ve lost a good amount of kids when we had much better offers. But people here don’t know that so they can just spew the “ we’re broke” narrative and make the same repetitive jokes.

The teams that continue to be the most successful / consistent in recruiting are the ones that are the most successful / consistent on Saturdays. Everyone else just comes and goes. Fading in and out. That’s not an excuse , that’s just facts.

If Miami says they aren’t concerned and are sticking to their game plan we’ll eventually know if the game plan was correct or not. Tbh I feel better with that answer than “ omg , what’s happening ? Just throw money at everyone, we’re losing guys“. At no point have I ever got that vibe or feel. They’ve remained the same even if I have been looking side eyed lol.
Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

lol bruh low key I thought the same thing. Just like in the Cormani thread before he committed to us. IIRC he was in there just talking general stuff, not making any predictions or really even talking about the player but just talk then boom.
Let’s hope for same results at commitment ceremony but not same results in January 😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well we know the pick is already in , hopefully Mario is trying to maintain excitement.

Only the paparazzi awaits

GOCANES

Advertisement
my prediction is: Canes
has that cormani feel to it

I know Cormani didn't sign here, obviously, but him committing was a shocker like Silkk.

I will say a Simmons commitment will be even more of a significant pull. Yeah, Lakeland is gator country. But it's Florida. This kid is a Texas kid and he's the #1 edge player in America. Miami pulling him out of Texas and dragging his *** through LSU to give the bird to Kelly the murderer on his way by would be absolutely seismic.

I know Cormani didn't sign here, obviously, but him committing was a shocker like Silkk.

I will say a Simmons commitment will be even more of a significant pull. Yeah, Lakeland is gator country. But it's Florida. This kid is a Texas kid and he's the #1 edge player in America. Miami pulling him out of Texas and dragging his *** through LSU to give the bird to Kelly the murderer on his way by would be absolutely seismic.
Would be a monster pull but nah…
A 5 star CB from SEC/Gator country and the #2 player at the time is an all timer.

Would be a monster pull but nah…
A 5 star CB from SEC/Gator country and the #2 player at the time is an all timer.

A 5-star EDGE from literal Texas and the #8 player isn't? Regardless, no reason to debate. Both sent/would send shockwaves through this sport and get the fanbase through the roof. Just hope the kid wakes up tomorrow and wants to be in paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back