2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lesson learned - don’t go head to head against ATM or UT.

Assuming breland, Simmons and ahfau all stay in Texas, I think we’ll be 0-12 or something like that for head to head recruits during Mario’s tenure. Oof
Wild that we are better off going against UGA and Bama at this point

Advertisement
Has SMU written all over it 😂 could you imagine?
IMG_8489.gif

Somebody said a year and some change ago the crystal balls will turn into playing Russian roulette with NIL. Especially with the highly rated kids.
Just speculation knowing how life works but those last minute phone calls must be similar to trade deadlines in sports

Kid has an announcement scheduled I would be interested to see their phones the hours and minutes leading up to it

Advertisement
This is the one. NOBODY knew Cormani was committing here. They had articles written about his commitment to the gator. 700 crystal balls. I'm not saying Simmons is coming here, obviously if you're betting money on it, it's a huge underdog. But these things have happened in the past, and this time it's two schools who are confident but aren't sold he's coming there. Not just 1 like the gator with Cormani. The national guys were 100% on the gator, and whiffed. Now guys like Wilt's ******* are saying he doesn't know between 2 schools.

Likely? **** no. Has something like this happened in the very recent past to literally this school? Absolutely.

The one Gaytor fan on youtube live when Cormani flipped to Miami was an all time tears moment

I’m feeling cautiously optimistic and I haven’t been feeling that much this cycle.

His mom wants him at Miami, lightfoots mom has been working it too.

Moms usually win out
Mom's always win out except when it comes to Miami. They rarely work in our favor. Hopefully this one is different and in favor of the good guys

Advertisement
their worth is what the market deems it to be. it doesn't matter if you, Mario, or anyone else disagrees. if the market says theyre a 10 mill player and thats the offers theyre getting, then that is their market worth. if youre offering 2 bc you think hes not worth 10, but th market is saying hes worth 10, then youre not paying their worth
This stuff is so complicated to me. If In this hypothetical we do pay the 10 mil for the recruit...I guess my question would be... At what point does the mount you pay for a recruit affect the veteran players on the roster?
I admittedly don't know too much about the stuff, so I'm not sure it would, but does it become part of the calculation?

The one Gaytor fan on youtube live when Cormani flipped to Miami was an all time tears moment
This kid is definitely giving me somewhat of a Cormani vibe here with the vibes of unpredictability

Just speculation knowing how life works but those last minute phone calls must be similar to trade deadlines in sports

Kid has an announcement scheduled I would be interested to see their phones the hours and minutes leading up to it

This is literally exactly how it goes, except these kids "camps" are headed up usually by family members or coaches who have absolutely zero negotiation experience.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We're definitely battling here. Feels like nobody really knows nows what's happening and throwing darts as a guess. Hopefully we pull our shocker of the year here.
I swear this reminds me of that shocker we pulled off last year with that certain CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back