2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully they‘d say ” we aren’t emotional fans on a message board losing their **** or celebrating every little loss / win even though it’s early August”. I’d hope they’re professionals that trust their game plan and history of success with recruiting. Not riding ebbs and flows of emotion but instead grinding with their hands down.

Regardless somebody is going to be wrong here. I just tend to lean towards the side not going on emotion and that trusts what they’re doing. They also know more than any of us with their process and board. We can just assume.

I don't worry about Mario and his staff for the reasons you mention - they're pros and passionate about making Miami football great. They could land the top class in the country with the right support.

The concern I have is with the people writing the checks and whether they're giving Mario the support he signed up for.

But like you say, we'll find out when we find out. They'll either come through or they won't. In the meantime though, you can count me among the emotional fans on a message board losing his ****. I can only judge what I see with my own eyes and what we know today is 18th ranked, 3rd among the big 3... all during a critical phase of a rebuild in the middle of the last great wave of realignment.

Since I care about Miami winning and succeeding, those stats, given the current landscape, do concern me and I think that's legitimate and not over the top.

I don’t think that’s the plan. The plan was to hit on more guys than we have and we’ve missed. That’s just the truth. That said i think we land some guys before it’s all said and done. I never bought the top five stuff but I also don’t buy the negativity of a bad class. Imo we’re still in a safe spot to get to the range we need. And 18 doesn’t cut it.
So we land between 8-12? Composite around 275?

Advertisement
This has been my feeling this entire cycle. Also, great point regarding other people’s money. It’s easy to want to overspend at will when it isn’t your capital, and many fans don’t understand this.

Last season was brutal, there’s no sugar coating it. Other coaches are using this against us in a major way.

There’s a difference between our 5-7, where most of the time we looked incapable of scoring a single touchdown, or being able to stop other teams from scoring at will, and another team’s 5-7 or 6-6, where said team fought hard and looked competent even if at a talent disadvantage.

I know that some will disagree with me, but in my opinion, it’s of the utmost importance that we win big this season. 9 or 10 games is a must in order to really right this ship.

Being in many of the elite kids top 3 and repeatedly getting left at the altar while sometimes having the better offer is a clear indication that Mario is not getting the benefit of the doubt.

Thankfully, this cycle isn’t over. But the margin of error is at critical mass. Cannot keep on missing at this point.
"I know that some will disagree with me, but in my opinion, it’s of the utmost importance that we win big this season. 9 or 10 games is a must in order to really right this ship."

I don't think you will find much disagreement there.

"I know that some will disagree with me, but in my opinion, it’s of the utmost importance that we win big this season. 9 or 10 games is a must in order to really right this ship."

I don't think you will find much disagreement there.
Disagree? Its becoming abundantly clear. If we not gonna fund recruit u better sell something more than a vision.

Advertisement
Chance Robinson brother just put in his 🔮 for Miami. He been 5/5 on his picks. We will see 🤷🏾‍♂️

Animated GIF

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back