2023 Transfer portal

Advertisement
Here we go. We hear this every single year, because L and his staff works mostly behind the scenes. Let the man work, and then criticize if the roster isn't what you want it to be.
They've already forgotten how it went down last year and really how L and the staff have operated with transfers from the beginning. We won't hear about players we're truly in on until it is already a done deal. Any players with top 5s or who make their recruiting situation public you can almost assuredly write off.

I mean, we slept on some transfer bigs last season, and having one of those could've been enough to take us to the Final 4.
Did they sleep on transfer bigs or were they keeping the path clear to try to get Jalen Duren? He didn't commit until August. Maybe we win more games in the regular season with a big and don't see Kansas in the elite 8? Or maybe we're not as good because a big keeps the team from playing a style that wins you three tournament games. Auburn had two bigs and were no match for us.

Did they sleep on transfer bigs or were they keeping the path clear to try to get Jalen Duren? He didn't commit until August. Maybe we win more games in the regular season with a big and don't see Kansas in the elite 8? Or maybe we're not as good because a big keeps the team from playing a style that wins you three tournament games. Auburn had two bigs and were no match for us.
Exactly. We all would have loved to have another big, but I'm not going to whine about it knowing full well L was able to make it an advantage until Miami came up against ELITE size. It took ELITE size to beat Miami, and one of the worst shooting halves of the season.

Advertisement
He can jump. Can be play basketball? 4 PPG is pretty mediocre, especially if he has plus athleticism....
He averaged 9 points & 5 rebounds his Freshman year.

He wasn’t a starter, he only played 14 minutes a game though.

Advertisement
He averaged 9 points & 5 rebounds his Freshman year.

He wasn’t a starter, he only played 14 minutes a game though.
14 minutes per game with that athleticism? I'm curious as to why he couldn't get minutes, especially considering that OSU was a .500 team. I'm also curious as to why his scoring dropped by half.

I could be wrong but it feels like Miami is focused on PG than a C.
I know Coach L said they have 3 scholarships available but they have not offered those many players compared to Arkansas or Gonzaga.
I wonder if someone found out Miami only has one scholarship available.
I could be wrong.
Miami might have 2 commits in the next 24 hours.
Trust the staff right!

I know Coach L said they have 3 scholarships available but they have not offered those many players compared to Arkansas or Gonzaga.
I wonder if someone found out Miami only has one scholarship available.
I could be wrong.
Miami might have 2 commits in the next 24 hours.
Trust the staff right!

Total stab in the dark, but I wonder if they think they're getting Reneau, and plan on playing him as a small ball 5. Would explain the relative lack of interest in traditional 5s, Bates notwithstanding.

Advertisement
Total stab in the dark, but I wonder if they think they're getting Reneau, and plan on playing him as a small ball 5. Would explain the relative lack of interest in traditional 5s, Bates notwithstanding.

Does he want to do that.
Being small has it's limits.
I would rather be big and go small when needed instead of being small with no ability to go big.
Plus, for the small ball to work, they need to be able to scramble on defense.

Does he want to do that.
Being small has it's limits.
I would rather be big and go small when needed instead of being small with no ability to go big.
Plus, for the small ball to work, they need to be able to scramble on defense.

Indiana doesn't project to have anyone on its roster taller than 6'9", so on some level he's gonna be doing it either way.

Advertisement
I’m worried that Caputo’s departure could put us behind here. Not only short staffed… but down a key man.

I know Coach L is working his tail off…

I’m worried that Caputo’s departure could put us behind here. Not only short staffed… but down a key man.

I know Coach L is working his tail off…
Wouldn't read too much into it. There's going to be several waves of transfers

Maybe due to the recent success, Coach L is enamored of, and wants to keep, the 5 Out offense. That, plus maybe he doesn't really see any good bigs out there willing to come to Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Back