2023 Transfer portal

Advertisement
I know St. Peter's had a phenomenal tourney but ... that's like saying we would want to take half of FIU's roster if they were available. Seton Hall recruiting is generally several cuts above what the Peacocks can recruit.
It worked for Wake Forest. Forbes brought a few ETSU players with him.

Advertisement
I know St. Peter's had a phenomenal tourney but ... that's like saying we would want to take half of FIU's roster if they were available. Seton Hall recruiting is generally several cuts above what the Peacocks can recruit.

I hear you, but those dudes went toe to toe with Kentucky and Perdue and didn't look at all out of place. If you can play, you can play, doesn't matter where you were ranked coming out of HS

Would like to get a running list going of transfers we are involved with. Maybe we can pin it to the front of the thread? Easier to keep track of this way:

Jaelin Llewellyn
Manny Bates
Mark Sears
Fardaws Aimaq
Nijel Pack
Devin Carter

Did I miss anyone?
Updated below. Scratched Carter's name off the list (we don't appear to be involved) and I removed Aimaq (he isn't considering us):

Jaelin Llewellyn
Manny Bates
Mark Sears
Nijel Pack

Advertisement
Advertisement
PG - Mark Sears, Nijel Pack, or Jaelin Llewelyn
C - Manny Bates, Efton Reid, or Franck Kepnang
Malik Reneau commits
If we could land 2 of those transfers and Reneau, this team will be dangerous next year

Advertisement
Joseph was a 35% shooter from the field which is really really bad. The 39% from 3 was a bit surprising but i'd imagine that's a small sample size. He's a decent backup PG at this level but nothing more than that at this point.
Nice to see people writing off a kid after one **** season. Joseph is solid defensively, has a good grasp of the game and was able to grow into a role. He is a guy that should take another huge step forward as he develops and physically matures. I wouldn't be shocked to see the guy become a **** solid collegiate PG. He isn't the kind that plays at the next level, but he sticks around for 4 years and is a valuable commodity as he matures. The tools are there between the ears and defensively. Just needs to become a better finisher at the rim.

Feels like we are sort of asleep at the wheel when it comes to the transfer market so far. Hopefully we are doing work behind the scenes.
Here we go. We hear this every single year, because L and his staff works mostly behind the scenes. Let the man work, and then criticize if the roster isn't what you want it to be.

Advertisement
Back