2023 Recuit Want List

Richard Young has the look of a prototypical Alabama running back. Going to be a tough pull. Miami is pretty deep at rb. Give me elite QB, OL, rushers and corners. The rest is easy.
We are deep for an ACC coastal team but we are not deep at RB from a national perspective.

Advertisement
Now that the 2022 cycle is effectively over for the most part, I started thinking up a want list of guys from the '23 class I think we may have a legit shot at for each position. Just keeping it to one left some tough choices but man this would be an insane class.

QB: Nico Iamaleava- Kid is the goods, so much untapped upside as well. Seemed to love his visit and with everyone focused on Arch and USC already having their guy, think we are a legit contender for him.

RB: Richard Young- Absolute beast of an RB. Going to be an absolute battle with all of the big boys involved. Seemed to really enjoy his time at Miami.

WR: Hykeem Williams- By all accounts a huge Miami fan, has been on campus a bunch since last year. Crazy untapped potential with the type of frame that could result in an absolute man child of a player.

TE: Riley Williams- Huge kid, standing 6'6 and around 225-230. Previosly recruited by Mario while at Oregon. Kid is in the mold of the leaner, faster TE we've been seeing more of recently. Similar to Skinner.

OL: Samson Okunlola- Northeastern kid from my neck of the woods in Brockton MA. Big guy, that moves very well for his size. Think we have a legit shot if we push. Kids up here have nothing but love for the U.

DL: Jayden Wayne- Arguably my favorite recruit next cycle. This kid is an animal. Prototype build for the position and has room to add more good weight. Distance may be a factor but has a previous relationship with Mario. has been to Miami a couple of times in the last year and seemed to really enjoy himself.

LB: Jayvant Brown- Deerfield kid that according to Macho felt a little jaded by the previous staff. Love his game and think Mario can get us back into this one. 247 Comparison for him is Myles Jack and that feels like a really good comparison.

CB: Cormani Mcclain- I mean obviously. Everyone and their mother will be coming after him. DVD will need to earn every cent of his paycheck with this one.

S: Joenel Aguero- Another MA kid that came down to IMG for I believe 2 years before going back to spend his senior year close to friends and family. Already a high caliber in the box safety and has the athleticism to become a plus coverage safety. Not afraid to get physical and can lay the wood.
I don’t know much about Okunlola does he project as an OT or OG? I see Mario liking his tweets on my Twitter feed a lot. Mauigoa is the guy I’ve watched and he looks like about as good a OL prospect as I’ve seen in a few years. Prob since Evan Neal. It would be insane to sign 2x 5* OL and get them both. Let Mirabal go to work here.

It feels like even if we kind of mess up the wr recruiting we will still end up with a kick *** wr haul. The talent is so insane this year it would be shocking if we didnt end up with 3-4 complete studs. JMO of course.
I think we will get Hykeem and Jalen Brown. We already have Jean committed right now. That’s 3 studs. Roll with them and shoot our shot with Inniss.

I didn’t mention Robby Washington (who I also think we will get) because I see him more as a hybrid Percy Harvin/Tavon Austin type role. Depending on who we get at OC that is.

This could end up being an All-Time class for us at WR!

I don’t know much about Okunlola does he project as an OT or OG? I see Mario liking his tweets on my Twitter feed a lot. Mauigoa is the guy I’ve watched and he looks like about as good a OL prospect as I’ve seen in a few years. Prob since Evan Neal. It would be insane to sign 2x 5* OL and get them both. Let Mirabal go to work here.
Looks to project as an OT at the next level. He’s a legit 6’6 and pushing 300lbs as a junior. Think he ends up around the 315-320 mark when he gets to a college program. Had a 77” wing span as a sophomore and 9.8” hands as well. Mauigoa is the better player right now and I think long term but Okunlola is going to be a stud as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
My top 10 most wanted list tho is

1. 5* QB - Nicholaus Iamaleava Jr.
2. 5* OL - Francis Mauigoa
3. 5* CB - Cormani McClain
4. 5* DL - Jayden Wayne
5. 5* WR - Brandon Inniss
6. 5* WR - Jalen Brown
7. 5* RB - Richard Young
8. 4* DL - Derrick LebLanc
9. 4* WR - Hykeem Williams
10. 5* DL - Malik Bryant
Imagine getting all those guys? Saban would retire immediately if that happens

Advertisement

recuit (French)​

Verb​

recuit (masc.) (fem. sing. recuite, masc. pl. recuits, fem. pl. recuites)
  1. Past participle of recuire
  2. Inflection of recuire (third-person singular present indicative)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back