2023 Recruiting

Advertisement
Twins are definitely as good as advertised. Both are high major Div-1 prospect who have the potential to end up being top 50 players nationally, with Matthew possibly being a lottery pick. Matthew is a little more advanced as far as skill set is concerned, but both are athletic with size, and play with a high motor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
kids in South Florida seemed to head to FSU
Coach Hamilton does a great job of prioritizing the state and in South FL his asst Coach CY knows the lay of the land and how to get kids up to trailerhassee. Kids want options, but it seems if you're from South Florida and you want to play in the ACC fsu or out of state is the way to go.

Coach Hamilton does a great job of prioritizing the state and in South FL his asst Coach CY knows the lay of the land and how to get kids up to trailerhassee. Kids want options, but it seems if you're from South Florida and you want to play in the ACC fsu or out of state is the way to go.
I still wonder what could've been if Coach Ham had never left for the NBA. Would he still be here 20+ years later? Would he have built this program into a national powerhouse?

Advertisement
I still wonder what could've been if Coach Ham had never left for the NBA. Would he still be here 20+ years later? Would he have built this program into a national powerhouse?
I don't think there's any question that Coach Hamilton was on to something his last few years at Miami. The program had finally taken a turn in the right direction. I think had he stayed at Miami, we'd be better than the fsu program we see today. I don't doubt we would've had the potential to produce NBA talent from a perennial top 20 program and annual contender in the ACC. Something we've only been able to do a few times in the 20 years since he left.

I don't think there's any question that Coach Hamilton was on to something his last few years at Miami. The program had finally taken a turn in the right direction. I think had he stayed at Miami, we'd be better than the fsu program we see today. I don't doubt we would've had the potential to produce NBA talent from a perennial top 20 program and annual contender in the ACC. Something we've only been able to do a few times in the 20 years since he left.
Completely agree with the top 20 and annual contender. Maybe not every year, but we wouldn't have had down stretches like this, either.

Advertisement

The talent in "The State of Miami" is at an all time high.

Yet we don't have a single player on the roster from the state, let alone the Miami area

The slurpers on here will say we shouldn't bother to recruit the local kids because they are "divas" :rolleyes:

We didn't even offer Minott, a top 100 forward right in our backyard. Is the FBI to blame?

Yet we don't have a single player on the roster from the state, let alone the Miami area

The slurpers on here will say we shouldn't bother to recruit the local kids because they are "divas" :rolleyes:

We didn't even offer Minott, a top 100 forward right in our backyard. Is the FBI to blame?

Some people don't think rankings matter. I think they give you an idea of who can play.
Granted, everyone who scores 30 points in a game who is within an hour from Coral Gables is not a high major player, I felt Josh Minott was a high major player who deserved a Miami offer.

Some people don't think rankings matter. I think they give you an idea of who can play.
Granted, everyone who scores 30 points in a game who is within an hour from Coral Gables is not a high major player, I felt Josh Minott was a high major player who deserved a Miami offer.
He most certainly did. Look at his offer list. A lot of programs who are better than us, in fact.

Advertisement
Back