2023 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement

Bewley twins were very impressive this weekend. Completely dominated the games I saw. Miami should be all over them but... who knows??

Kris Parker is another kid who Miami should be dialing up and was getting a ton of attention this weekend in ATL. A 6’6” kid who can play the 1, 2, and 3. Smooth ball handler with a Ray Allen type release. If he keeps developing he’s got a chance to be in the league in a few years. Tremendous upside.

Sam Walters continues to show improvement. Seems to still be adjusting to 17u play but certainly showed flashes in games I saw of him this weekend. Can play inside and out on offense, but has to improve lateral speed to defend on the perimeter. Fits the mold that Larranaga likes in prospects.

Thank you. I remember when I said that two years ago, most fans did not like it that much.
Now, people are clearly.
That also means no to Rick Pitino, Frank Martin and John Beilein.
No "established or proven" coaches. Those words mean they are coming to Miami for one last paycheck before retirement.

Rick Pitino won’t leave Iona unless he gets a big offer. By big I mean close to the $10 mil offered by UNC to Stevens last week. Pitino is quickly building Iona into a very good team. Aside from that he loves living in his NYC apt and can’t see him going somewhere to start over again this late in his career.

Frank still has strong ties to Miami and his name will continue to come up whenever there’s talk of replacing L. Matter of fact, he met with some UM VIPs last week. Probably had nothing to do with the job, but found it interest to hear he was down here smoozing with some big wigs

Rick Pitino won’t leave Iona unless he gets a big offer. By big I mean close to the $10 mil offered by UNC to Stevens last week. Pitino is quickly building Iona into a very good team. Aside from that he loves living in his NYC apt and can’t see him going somewhere to start over again this late in his career.

Frank still has strong ties to Miami and his name will continue to come up whenever there’s talk of replacing L. Matter of fact, he met with some UM VIPs last week. Probably had nothing to do with the job, but found it interest to hear he was down here smoozing with some big wigs
That does not excite me at all. Frank Martin is one of the last people I'd offer this job to. Look at his results at South Carolina. There's nothing exciting about that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back