2023 RB mark Fletcher transfer.

From what I've heard, SoCal is the closest as far as the transfer situation being crazy. I currently live/coach in Texas and can confirm that is nowhere near as bad. For the most part, transfers here can't play varsity for the sport in the closest season that they transfer (unless it's approved by the coach from the previous school). I don't think I have that 100% accurate but it's close. The thing that makes TX a little wild on the transfer front are the open enrollment schools. A lot of the top FB powers in the state are open enrollment, so they don't have to deal with the whole sitting out thing. There was a kid at Cedar Hill who transferred to Desoto last offseason and transferred back bc he saw he wasn't going to get burn there lol.

I think Atlanta has it a little bit, but not South FL, SoCal level.

Advertisement
The difference in s.fla is you have guys that actually transfer at minimum 3 times in a high school career.

For example..I coached Alfonzo Allen a year..he was at:

Freshman- Everglades
Sophomore- Mcarthur
Junior- Hallandale
Senior- Miami Central.

He is a good kid to coach too. Started at all schools. And to think its almost the norm now down here.

For the first time in my life we've had palm beach kids transfer to schools in south dade. That likely was unheard of before this year,traveling two counties to play.

In Broward county..its all about the privates. The only public's that have had sustainability is Deerfield Beach in the north, Miramar in the south, and as of recent as of last 2-3 years Dillard. I'll add Plantation as well as they have shown up and been a solid program ( they play a soft schedule though)

Everyone else is basically building talent for the private schools.

A MNW player (who was committed to Tulane) transferred to STA over the summer, couldn't get on the field at the position he played at MNW and they tried to switch him to corner at STA. A week or so later the kid transferred back to MNW and played in MNW's game the week he went back there.

The transferring in Broward is crazy. Restrepo transferred from Monarch to STA to Deerfield Beach in a matter of months. X transferred out of STA because the Archdiocese of Miami doesn't let people graduate early to become EEs.

The difference in s.fla is you have guys that actually transfer at minimum 3 times in a high school career.

For example..I coached Alfonzo Allen a year..he was at:

Freshman- Everglades
Sophomore- Mcarthur
Junior- Hallandale
Senior- Miami Central.

He is a good kid to coach too. Started at all schools. And to think its almost the norm now down here.

For the first time in my life we've had palm beach kids transfer to schools in south dade. That likely was unheard of before this year,traveling two counties to play.

In Broward county..its all about the privates. The only public's that have had sustainability is Deerfield Beach in the north, Miramar in the south, and as of recent as of last 2-3 years Dillard. I'll add Plantation as well as they have shown up and been a solid program ( they play a soft schedule though)

Everyone else is basically building talent for the private schools.
You forgot Western. They’ve been an elite Broward public school the last 4-5 years

You forgot Western. They’ve been an elite Broward public school the last 4-5 years
Western may have 10kids from their school zone on the team. Yea I forgot them too. Not sure how long its sustainable though as they are all recruited in...one year of mot getting kids in and it goes to sh-t for them quickly

Advertisement
Western may have 10kids from their school zone on the team. Yea I forgot them too. Not sure how long its sustainable though as they are all recruited in...one year of mot getting kids in and it goes to sh-t for them quickly
Oh look, I'm not saying they're doing it naturally lol once Aaron leaves I think a lot of that talent well will dry up. I'm just saying that they have been in the top tier of Broward publics lately.

Oh look, I'm not saying they're doing it naturally lol once Aaron leaves I think a lot of that talent well will dry up. I'm just saying that they have been in the top tier of Broward publics lately.
It's Aaron and Chop that get the kids.
Chop has a lot of pull down here with optimist kids.

But...
They're battling Chaminade, STA, etc... For the same kids.
And considering that they're a public school in Davie with a certain stigma, that makes things a little more difficult.

oh believe me i know im friends with the guy bringing in the talent.

Yea Western has been a stable program top 5 in broward the last 3-5 years

Advertisement
I was told that the reason behind Mark Fletcher’s potential transfer is that he wants to graduate in December and be an EE. If true, that eliminates the Catholic schools.
What kind of shot do we have with Fletcher now that Mario is here? I am sure a lot depends on how we perform in 2022, but wondering if there is legit interest.

What kind of shot do we have with Fletcher now that Mario is here? I am sure a lot depends on how we perform in 2022, but wondering if there is legit interest.
As you know, UM hasn't had a lot of success recruiting players from AH in the last decade, but Selwyn Brown coached Fletcher through much of his optimist career and is at AH because his younger son plays for AH. I'm just guessing here, but I think Fletcher will at least listen to Mario.

Advertisement
rumor that he tried to commit to us and Mario told him to hold up and didnt take the commitment. The kid didnt take that well and shifted his focus to OSU

Awesome Jake Gyllenhaal GIF by Spider-Man

Advertisement
From what I've heard, SoCal is the closest as far as the transfer situation being crazy. I currently live/coach in Texas and can confirm that is nowhere near as bad. For the most part, transfers here can't play varsity for the sport in the closest season that they transfer (unless it's approved by the coach from the previous school). I don't think I have that 100% accurate but it's close. The thing that makes TX a little wild on the transfer front are the open enrollment schools. A lot of the top FB powers in the state are open enrollment, so they don't have to deal with the whole sitting out thing. There was a kid at Cedar Hill who transferred to Desoto last offseason and transferred back bc he saw he wasn't going to get burn there lol.

I think Atlanta has it a little bit, but not South FL, SoCal level.

Nah, we don’t have school to school transfers like So Fla. lol. Most of the time if a kid does transfer, it’s mostly from the QB position. Like Nico, for instance, was at LB Poly, didn’t get the starting position, so transferred down the way to Warren, but now he’s back at Poly. Or Jake: Went to Poly, transferred to Narbonne. The only reason he transferred again was b/c Narbonne got hit w/ sanctions by CIF, so he transferred to La Habra. Covid hit, shutting down CA HS ball, so that’s how he ended up in GA.

Very rare do I hear of kids skipping around schools b/c CA, as a whole, is pretty big on having kids go to the school in the areas they live, unless u r granted a scholly to play at one of those Trinity League (Mercenary) Schools or a preppy league like Marmonte or Coastal Canyon League.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back