2023 RB mark Fletcher transfer.

Macho actual question. Do other states deal with this. Like is this commonplace is southern cal or Georgia ?
Southern Cali & Georgia yeah.

Texas to a lesser extent, depending on the region.

Florida is the worst though, FL has kids who transfer to 4 or 5 schools throughout their 4 years, Cali, GA & TX you might get 1 maybe 2 transfers at most, but FL is full on High School Free Agency.

Advertisement

Florida is the worst though, FL has kids who transfer to 4 or 5 schools throughout their 4 years, Cali, GA & TX you might get 1 maybe 2 transfers at most, but FL is full on High School Free Agency.

Used to be that a kid that went to 3-4 schools while in HS was a major red flag. Now? pfft, bfd.

Macho actual question. Do other states deal with this. Like is this commonplace is southern cal or Georgia ?
Dude this happens in little old Delaware(mainly upstate). Maybe not to this extent but kids are very fickle these days.

Also it’s prevalent in other sports too. You see it a lot in hoops too

Advertisement
If OP's list is accurate, my money is on Fletcher going to STA. They don't have a RB like him and haven't had a highly recruited RB in a long time. Fletcher don't like losing. His Plantation Wildcats never lost a game, AH was good and he don't want to lose as a senior. STA is the perfect match.
STA has Gemari Sands, Xavier Terrel (IMG transfer) and Jordan Lyle already there at RB. They also like to rotate RBs a lot, a kid like Fletcher may not want to deal with that….

STA has Gemari Sands, Xavier Terrel (IMG transfer) and Jordan Lyle already there at RB. They also like to rotate RBs a lot, a kid like Fletcher may not want to deal with that….

Sands, Terrel and Lyle are all good backs, but none are as highly regarded as Fletcher or in any way similar backs to him. Fletcher played ahead of Sands on the Plantation Wildcats and will play ahead of Sands at STA. Terrel is a scat back and not comparable to Fletcher in any regard. Lyle is a good back, but is not exactly a scheme fit for STA who relies heavily on zone read. Fletcher is exactly what Harriott and their offensive coaches want. Given the fact that STA will be breaking in a new QB next season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them put special emphasis on the running game, and who is better to do that than Fletcher? Do you think Harriott would say no to Fletcher?

Advertisement
Sands, Terrel and Lyle are all good backs, but none are as highly regarded as Fletcher or in any way similar backs to him. Fletcher played ahead of Sands on the Plantation Wildcats and will play ahead of Sands at STA. Terrel is a scat back and not comparable to Fletcher in any regard. Lyle is a good back, but is not exactly a scheme fit for STA who relies heavily on zone read. Fletcher is exactly what Harriott and their offensive coaches want. Given the fact that STA will be breaking in a new QB next season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them put special emphasis on the running game, and who is better to do that than Fletcher? Do you think Harriott would say no to Fletcher?
Special emphasis on the run game? They are a run first offense…..always has been!

My point with Fletcher was, he’s always been the guy. STA will rotate their backs…..not everyone will want to deal with that.

Special emphasis on the run game? They are a run first offense…..always has been!

My point with Fletcher was, he’s always been the guy. STA will rotate their backs…..not everyone will want to deal with that.
And they will run even more than they normally do like they did against Western in their playoff game in the 2019 season. That would be special emphasis.

STA didn't rotate their backs all that much this year. Hankerson has to have 90% of their carries and is on the field 90% of the time. And Fletcher will be the guy at STA too. What makes you think he won't be?

Last edited:
And they will run even more than they normally do like they did against Western in their playoff game in the 2019 season. That would be special emphasis.

STA didn't rotate their backs all that much this year. Hankerson has to have 90% of their carries and is on the field 90% of the time. And Fletcher will be the guy at STA too. What makes you think he won't be?
Yeah I guess you’re actually right, I’ve just been looking at yards but not carries….you don’t turn away Fletcher. I do know they aren’t actively looking for RBs, but they are looking for other positions

Advertisement
Yeah I guess you’re actually right, I’ve just been looking at yards but not carries….you don’t turn away Fletcher. I do know they aren’t actively looking for RBs, but they are looking for other positions
I'd like to know Xavier Tirrel's YPC average because it must be insane. It seems like every time he touches the ball, he goes 60+ yards.

I don't know what they are actively looking for, but they will not say no to Fletcher, Innis or anyone else they think can help them and weaken other schools. They have exactly zero loyalty to their players (unless they are the sons or nephews of coaches). They are constantly looking to improve every position.

Not that it's anything even remotely close to as serious of a football state as the big boys, but up here in MA there is nowhere near the player movement that there is in the big boy states. Obviously some in the prep school scene but almost unheard of in public schools.
Have you watched CM yet? Yikes. Bomb Squad.

Advertisement
I’m more shocked if a FL kid sticks at 1 school for 4 years than if he transfers to 3 different schools in 2 years.
Nyjalik Kelly and Shemar Stewart was big to me. They stayed at their schools the whole way

Imagine coaching a team that goes to the 2nd round in playoffs lose a close one b4 playing sta.

Come back the next week and your talent level has all screamed and is jv level...that quick..blink of an eye.

That's s.fla football. You literally have to recruit kids in..and recruit your kids to stay and that's just to be a respectable team.

The problem rose more...with the school choice..and the fact that the bum *** youth ball coached that never played much in high school if at all...have not infiltrated the high school teams because guess what...those youth kids are "my kids" so now you have to make this dip **** an oc or wr coach or something just to ensure you get the kids that are technically your feeder kids to actually come to your school. They dont get their way...they leave..and take "their. Kids" with them.

Kids leaving Ah though...for sta..guess some parents get tired of having to clean classrooms or work the gates for their kids to go there.

Remember beating Jordan Lyle when he played at Plantation Wildcats...kid is the real deal though.

Im sure qb lol

Advertisement
Back