2023 RB mark Fletcher transfer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If OP's list is accurate, my money is on Fletcher going to STA. They don't have a RB like him and haven't had a highly recruited RB in a long time. Fletcher don't like losing. His Plantation Wildcats never lost a game, AH was good and he don't want to lose as a senior. STA is the perfect match.

Advertisement
And they say coach blu from AH is now the DC at Dillard. So that's why everyone is thinking Fletcher to Dillard might happen but I think he should go to STA it makes the most sense.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Macho actual question. Do other states deal with this. Like is this commonplace is southern cal or Georgia ?
Not that it's anything even remotely close to as serious of a football state as the big boys, but up here in MA there is nowhere near the player movement that there is in the big boy states. Obviously some in the prep school scene but almost unheard of in public schools.

Advertisement
Not that it's anything even remotely close to as serious of a football state as the big boys, but up here in MA there is nowhere near the player movement that there is in the big boy states. Obviously some in the prep school scene but almost unheard of in public schools.
Yea I think it’s big in places like Fl, GA, Cali, & Texas. Football is huge in these places. Kids are going to move around to the places they can get the most exposure. However, my confusion is why a 4 or 5 ⭐️ kid would choose to bounce around.

Macho actual question. Do other states deal with this. Like is this commonplace is southern cal or Georgia ?
Transfers happened in all the big football states. This isn’t unique to Florida. I had parents tell me that they were offered houses and jobs for athletes in places like Georgia and Texas. The private schools recruit like crazy in Cali. This isn’t unique to Florida. If anything our students maybe behind. Look when I was in high school back in 07, there were kids moving from Cali & NY just to go to STA. My friends and I thought that was wild but those kids and parents were making moves like that back then.

I honestly don't know but I doubt it's this bad. It wasn't even this bad on the West coast of FLA when I was there back in 2016-2018.
This **** is incredible, and it gets bigger every year.

Wait until yall see some of the moves that are happening this off season. (if everything I'm hearing is true)

Advertisement

Can only answer for VA, Most of the top players get recruited in middle school by the private schools and some of the bigger schools and will get provided fake addresses to live in the district etc. However unlike FL Very rarely will kids leave after the start HS and move to another HS for football.

It sucks for us as fans but the reality is that school choice benefits the kids. Sure people can come up with examples of prima donna types who overplay their hand due to some crazy helicopter parent but that does not negate the validity of having a kid who has college potential being stuck at the neighborhood high school with a head coach who is an ego maniac and will mismanage a kid and waste his high school sports experience.

There are real dollars on the line here. How much is the average college tuition these days? Now factor in the new NIL rules and we're talking about enough money to justify not only changing schools but changing cities and states in order to maximize the potential opportunity.

Advertisement
Back