2023 Preseason

Advertisement
I can’t help but see Dorian, Renzo, and Edgardo as the same player. Undersized and light hitting players that are interchangeable offensively.

Advertisement
On 560 with Zagacki, Gino confirmed that Walters will be the closer and Ziehl will be in the weekend rotation. He said there are ongoing position battles in the OF and at 2B.

Ziehl strikes me as a guy that is going to give you five max. If he’s lucky. I’m also not convinced after 1 time through a lineup he has the make up to put away guys again. That why I wish we could have kept him in the back end and maybe even close if Walters gets used a lot early in a series.

But it’s a year later. Hopefully he has worked on a 3rd pitch to show and can cruise/pitch at 3-4 mph lower then what he was when he came in late last year.

I’m an optimist but this years team just still really has me concerned. I’d love they prove me wrong…win 35, host a regional and win and at least make a super.

Advertisement
I’m an optimist but this years team just still really has me concerned. I’d love they prove me wrong…win 35, host a regional and win and at least make a super.
I’m a complete pessimist when it comes to this program but I agree with you I’m very concerned with this team. Wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest if this team is scratching and clawing to make a regional

Advertisement
Does Ziehl have the capability to go at least 5? I'm sure he won't throw a lot of pitches with it being the first game of the year but I'm just thinking long term.
Hope so. He didn’t make it out of the fifth in his first attempt during Friday’s scrimmage but neither did Ligon. This isn’t going to be pretty if those two don’t pitch better than they have the last two weeks.

Hope so. He didn’t make it out of the fifth in his first attempt during Friday’s scrimmage but neither did Ligon. This isn’t going to be pretty if those two don’t pitch better than they have the last two weeks.
Yea I don't want bullpen days multiple days a week. I figured Ziehl would be our set up man and Walters closer again.

Advertisement
PSU will be a good early season test for Ziehl. They swing a lot but they can hit FB's if you arent locating.

Should take 2/3 from them and probably 3/3. But they have enough talent to easily take the series if we sleep walk

Gino’s war on opposing coaches not disclosing their pitchers continues

Advertisement
Back