2023 Preseason

Advertisement
Looks like Collegiate Baseball will release their preseason poll tomorrow

Looks like Collegiate Baseball will release their preseason poll tomorrow
My guess is somewhere in the teens w the way the starting pitching performed in the fall. Regardless, these pre-season baseball polls are often notoriously bad.

My guess is somewhere in the teens w the way the starting pitching performed in the fall. Regardless, these pre-season baseball polls are often notoriously bad.
They're more for clickbait anyway. The only one that matters is at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Rotation scares me.

Need an arm to step up and Ligon to pitch like he did in starts 3-9, all year. Counting on 2 guys to make the reliever-rotation transition in the same year, and to make that transition look as seamless as Palm did... I don't know. Does Rosario get a shot at closer? May not have the mentality for it, probably better suited for the Ziehl role from last year. But I don't think trying for the third time to get him a spot in the rotation is the most prudent path forward (success at the Cape notwithstanding).

That said, I think we'll score some runs.

Advertisement
Clearly the voters did not see our pitching in Fall Ball.

It's Fall Ball. **** Rosario dominated Fall Ball his 1st 2 years then sucked in season. Walters has been mediocre every Fall then great in the Spring. Pitching especially doesn't always translate to the season.

They're more for clickbait anyway. The only one that matters is at the end of the season.

Ok, then dont post until the end of the season. You clearly think this team will be terrible, but that isn't the national expectation. But if you're going to tell people we can't discuss polls, that's pathetic

Advertisement
Ok, then dont post until the end of the season. You clearly think this team will be terrible, but that isn't the national expectation. But if you're going to tell people we can't discuss polls, that's pathetic
I gave my opinion on the utility of pre-season polls, which is precisely why this board exists- to express opinions. I didn’t “tell” anyone here they can’t discuss polls. Go back and read my post and then tell the board exactly where I said that. If you’re wrong, then own it by posting “I was wrong”. You won’t do that because you’re not actually offended by anything I said, this is just you looking for smoke to cover up whatever personal inadequacies are turning your *** red at the moment.

PG comes in at #9

Notables
5 Wake Forest
7 Louisville
8 Florida
13 North Carolina
15 Virginia Tech
19 Virginia
21 NC State

Advertisement
Didn’t know where to put this but over the years I’ve shared that my uncle is a mlb scout and is in control of south Florida specifically. Saw him over New Years weekend:

Nothing earth shattering with the big dog prospects like walters and yo-yo but what surprised me was how high he was on Pitelli. He said 2nd or 3rd round guy and I was shocked to hear that.

Sounds to me like we should expect a big year out of him.

Didn’t know where to put this but over the years I’ve shared that my uncle is a mlb scout and is in control of south Florida specifically. Saw him over New Years weekend:

Nothing earth shattering with the big dog prospects like walters and yo-yo but what surprised me was how high he was on Pitelli. He said 2nd or 3rd round guy and I was shocked to hear that.

Sounds to me like we should expect a big year out of him.
He’s been decently highly rated in a couple places I’ve seen. Not quite as highly rated in the Prospects Live rankings the baseball twitter account posted yesterday. We know the glove is good, and I was reasonably encouraged that his Cape performance was more inline with the first half of the season than the second.

Five of our six weekend road series are against teams ranked in the top 20 of the two preseason rankings so far. Only our road series against Pitt is against an unranked opponent.

Using Collegiate Baseball
Home Penn St NR
Home Dartmouth NR
Away Florida 2
Home NC State 30
Home Virginia Tech 28
Away Wake Forest 10
Home Florida State 32
Away Virginia 16
Away North Carolina 11

Home Georgia Tech 23
Away Louisville 6
Home Presbyterian NR
Away Pitt NR
Home Duke NR

Last edited:
Five of our six weekend road series are against teams ranked in the top 20 of the two preseason rankings so far. Only our road series against Pitt is against an unranked opponent.

Using Collegiate Baseball
Home Penn St NR
Home Dartmouth NR
Away Florida 2
Home NC State 30
Home Virginia Tech 28
Away Wake Forest 10
Home Florida State 32
Away Virginia 16
Away North Carolina 11

Home Georgia Tech 23
Away Louisville 6
Home Presbyterian NR
Away Pitt NR
Home Duke NR
At least the tough conference road series are somewhat back end loaded. Maybe the rotation will be established by mid-season this year?

Advertisement
Back