Oregon State
24​
8​
Texas
25​
12​
Southern Miss

Advertisement
High praise - hope Gino leaves him at the top of the order for more ABs, early leads, etc.

Based on comments Gino made in the fall, I assume Kayfus will bat 2nd. He said he wants Kayfus and Yoyo hitting back to back. My guess is the Nevada transfer or Villegas leads off

I think a lineup top of maybe ⬇️ would be solid with the possibility of Cyr, Carrier, and a few of the other sophomores who played a lot last year (Garcia, Gaby, Renzo, Dorian, Villegas) taking a major step forward.

1. Gomez (Nevada transfer)
2. Kayfus
3. Yoyo
4. Farrow
5. Levenson?

Advertisement
High praise - hope Gino leaves him at the top of the order for more ABs, early leads, etc.
I kinda like the idea they seemed to be flirting with in the fall of Kayfus behind Yoyo assuming Gomez carries his fall performance to the spring

Based on comments Gino made in the fall, I assume Kayfus will bat 2nd. He said he wants Kayfus and Yoyo hitting back to back. My guess is the Nevada transfer or Villegas leads off
I hope he doesn't overthink it and mess w something that isn't broken, i.e. a .460 OB % and 16/20 SBs is very impressive. And he'll probably run less if he hits in front of Yoyo.

The NV transfer had a 100 pts lower OB% last year if it's him; Villegas a very respectable .405.

I kinda like the idea they seemed to be flirting with in the fall of Kayfus behind Yoyo assuming Gomez carries his fall performance to the spring
If he isn't lead-off, I'd probably prefer this as some protection for Yoyo.

Ranked 22nd by D1Baseball. They remain consistently one of our lowest rankings annually (with the exception of 2020). 21st, 25th, and 22nd the last three years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is where I would peg us at… and it’s where we deserve to be until miami baseball gets their act together again
I’d probably peg us in the high teens if I were doing a ranking. I didn’t specifically look, but I suspect I’d find that PG typically ranks us much higher than anyone else. Collegiate Baseball seems to flop around more year to year.

Advertisement
Practice officially starts next Friday, but the team has scrimmaged without the coaches a couple times this week. Ziehl, Ligon, Rosario, and Gallo all pitched well in two inning stints. Scinta and Perez also looked solid. I also liked Scinta the one time I saw him pitch in the fall. Chestnutt and Torres were rough. B Walters was somewhere in between. The Angel of Death started yesterday and reportedly had a good outing.

Offensively the position that produced the most was catcher just as you’d expect…. Perez had a double and an RBI single. Scanlon hit a double off the wall. Kayfus and Martin also produced hits. Still haven’t personally seen defensive issues from Cyr. He made a really nice play at short.

Anything on Carrier? He was a work in progress in the OF but that will come with reps.But his offense is where I think he could do some damage early in his career

Anything on Carrier? He was a work in progress in the OF but that will come with reps.But his offense is where I think he could do some damage early in his career
Didn’t really stand out one way or the other yesterday. In general, the bats were pretty quiet. Where some of the bullpen candidates got themselves in trouble was lack of control.

Advertisement
Back