2023 Parking Pass Availability/Selection Process

I've always been and am still a big Rad guy but they way this has been handled is amateur hour Blake James-esque. How do you not move that date from Monday?

How you do anything is how you do everything, right?

In fairness, I think the dates were set before we ever made the Tournament...

Advertisement
they could have easily shifted it once the tournament began bc i dont think the times went out then.

Jackass in the ticket office just told me it wasn't their problem...I hung up on him.

Yeah, thousands of people are going to lug their laptops to Houston just to renew parking on Monday.

Last edited:
The people next to me did not renew. I bought their seats. Went right online and purchased two additional seats. If you think you are getting additional seats for your renewal price, you are going to be disappointed. If the seats you want are available now, go buy them. Just use the regular season ticket purchase path vice the seat relocation tab.
The people next to you decided they'd had enough?

Ya’ll are missing out. The real action is in the yellow lots. Plus you get to walk 5 miles to the stadium and get that workout in
I’m moving up and out of yellow this year. **** that walk.

Advertisement
Confirmed it (as much as you can ever actually do that) with Hecht today. They're f*cking season ticket holders and completely prioritizing Hurricane Club status level in parking selection.

All interior parking passes are going back into a big pot. Your preexisting pass will not be held for you to renew as only a season ticket holder. Hurricane Club members will get the opportunity to buy the passes over the first 2 weeks of April (based upon level of donation). Season ticket holders will get the opportunity to "renew" from whatever remains circa May.

Full disclosure- I'm a Hurricane Club member but this is still a ridiculous way to conduct business and my first severe disappointment in Rad. They should be kissing the collective asses of season ticket holders coming off THAT season instead of antagonizing them and essentially extorting money as they over-monetize one of the few current attractive elements of the football program- the tailgate.

Ugh. Always needless headaches with this athletics department. Go Canes....Hoops.

Amigo, at most of our rival programs, like UF for instance, you can't even buy season tickets without being a member of their version of the Hurricane Club, let alone buy an "interior parking pass." Why in the world would Miami NOT prioritize Cane Club members and give them first crack at parking?

Where are your seats? See below. If you want to be in, say just the upper deck on the home side 25 at a UF game you need to pay $750 for the right to buy that ticket as a donation. Then the actual ticket is $390. So you're paying $1140 per season ticket. Times four seats = $4,560 a year. Now take a look at what the good seats cost. And ****, even upper deck corners are ~$1000 each all-in. What would your Miami seats cost at UF? Real question.

Again, you have to pay the donation PER TICKET.

At Miami, anyone can buy season tickets without a donation. Even if you do want premium seats where a donation is required, you don't have to pay a donation PER ticket. You can pay once and buy a bunch.

UM Football is one of the greatest discounts in CFB, and the program needs fair (fair- not even close to equal to our rivals, just something close to fair) support from its fans to compete. I wish people would stop complaining when our AD tries to take care of those who support the program first. My 2 cents.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 1.56.25 PM.png

Here are the Miami all-in prices... you can get CLUB seats for UM for $900!

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 2.14.25 PM.png

Jackass in the ticket office just told me it wasn't there problem...I hung up on him.

Yeah, thousands of people are going to lug their laptops to Houston just to renew parking on Monday.
so dumb. they did this on parking tbh hoping people wouldnt renew (HC members are more likely to attend other UM events rather than football STHers bc it is a different fan tbh in general) so they would have some interior parking remaining for STHers. they know the only thing that can get people to donate more money is parking bc tickets arent sought after esp for this team

Amigo, at most of our rival programs, like UF for instance, you can't even buy season tickets without being a member of their version of the Hurricane Club, let alone buy an "interior parking pass." Why in the world would Miami NOT prioritize Cane Club members and give them first crack at parking?

Where are your seats? See below. If you want to be in, say just the upper deck on the home side 25 at a UF game you need to pay $750 for the right to buy that ticket as a donation. Then the actual ticket is $390. So you're paying $1140 per season ticket. Times four seats = $4,560 a year. Now take a look at what the good seats cost. And ****, even upper deck corners are ~$1000 each all-in. What would your Miami seats cost at UF? Real question.

At Miami, anyone can buy season tickets without a donation. Even if you do want premium seats where a donation is required, you don't have to pay a donation PER ticket. You can pay once and buy a bunch.

UM Football is one of the greatest discounts in CFB, and the program needs fair (fair- not even close to equal to our rivals, just something close to fair) support from its fans to compete. I wish people would stop complaining when our AD tries to take care of those who support the program first. My 2 cents.

View attachment 234366

Here are the Miami all-in prices:

View attachment 234369
lol UF has a more diehard fanbase with higher attendance and a harder ticket to come by. UM has zero issues with football ticket availability the way UF does. also, UM used to build in a donation with your STs but got rid of that.

Advertisement
lol UF has a more diehard fanbase with higher attendance and a harder ticket to come by. UM has zero issues with football ticket availability the way UF does. also, UM used to build in a donation with your STs but got rid of that.

Yeah, which is why UF gets to make EVERYONE donate, and why their prices are 3x-5x higher than ours. As I stated and you helped confirm, attending Miami football in a state-of-the-art billion dollar stadium is one of the greatest bargains in sports.

But complaining because the UM supporters to DO donate get first crack at the best parking? As you would say, "lol."

Yeah, which is why UF gets to make EVERYONE donate, and why their prices are 3x-5x higher than ours. As I stated and you helped confirm, attending Miami football in a state-of-the-art billion dollar stadium is one of the greatest bargains in sports.

But complaining because the UM supporters to DO donate get first crack at the best parking? As you would say, "lol."

question, do you even have season tickets? bc you would have learned that they just raised prices so a similar lower section on that UF map to where i currently sit is only maybe a 100 dollar diff now and that doesnt include any donations i make.

also, i donate so i dont have an issue but what they did was remove EVERYONES parking and made it by priority based on your donations. so they not only screwed over their most loyal customers (who they should kiss their *** for renewing at a premium when you can buy tickets to a game on the secondary market for under 20 bucks most games) but they also screwed over those who do donate separately to HC and buy season tickets by making them choose from what is left when their time is called. ive had tickets since i graduated and have had the same parking ever since. they basically said ***** you bc were going to have you choose from whatever is left esp after a 5-7 season and poor attendance.

also, if were being real miami football at the prices they charge is not a bargain. its actually a poor use of DI since tickets are so much cheaper on gamedays through the secondary market and the product has been **** poor for 2 decades. for a market with so many options, ****** college football on a saturday isnt gonna move the needle the way it does in gainesville and surrounding areas.

question, do you even have season tickets? bc you would have learned that they just raised prices so a similar lower section on that UF map to where i currently sit is only maybe a 100 dollar diff now and that doesnt include any donations i make.

also, i donate so i dont have an issue but what they did was remove EVERYONES parking and made it by priority based on your donations. so they not only screwed over their most loyal customers (who they should kiss their *** for renewing at a premium when you can buy tickets to a game on the secondary market for under 20 bucks most games) but they also screwed over those who do donate separately to HC and buy season tickets by making them choose from what is left when their time is called. ive had tickets since i graduated and have had the same parking ever since. they basically said ***** you bc were going to have you choose from whatever is left esp after a 5-7 season and poor attendance.

also, if were being real miami football at the prices they charge is not a bargain. its actually a poor use of DI since tickets are so much cheaper on gamedays through the secondary market and the product has been **** poor for 2 decades. for a market with so many options, ****** college football on a saturday isnt gonna move the needle the way it does in gainesville and surrounding areas.
I've had tix since the day I graduated. Even if I don't get to use them as much as I'd like.

"what they did was remove EVERYONES parking and made it by priority based on your donations."

EXACTLY. How it should be.

Will argue and post on CIS Monday, can’t log into the ticket website and click buttons…

That ******* Rad 👀

Advertisement
so dumb. they did this on parking tbh hoping people wouldnt renew (HC members are more likely to attend other UM events rather than football STHers bc it is a different fan tbh in general) so they would have some interior parking remaining for STHers. they know the only thing that can get people to donate more money is parking bc tickets arent sought after esp for this team

I made this exact point. The idiot wouldn't listen.

View attachment 234366

Here are the Miami all-in prices... you can get CLUB seats for UM for $900!

View attachment 234369

I'm well aware of all of this as most of my family went to B1G institutions so I've ALWAYS said that my Canes Football tix (especially where they're located) and parking pass costs are probably the best value in all of CFB- even despite our long stretches of on-field mediocrity. I'm also a HC member so this probably* won't affect me directly but there's a good chance it could affect my tailgate.

I have no issue with them trying to increase HC donations but this was simply a hamfisted way to do it that'll just result in more anger than any addl revenue increase is worth. To do it coming off a 5-7 season is insane if you value your best "gameday" fans and their $$$ at all too.

Why not announce this months ago? Why not say:

"Hey, we won't raise ticket prices this season as we appreciate all of your support through the struggles last season. However, we will be transitioning to a model where we reward our HC members that are also football season ticket holders with first access to interior parking as we now give them first access to seat relocation/upgrade. In an effort to make this transition as smooth as possible, we will guarantee the opportunity to renew your parking pass from last season for this upcoming season only at a HC donation rate of $200 per pass with a maximum of one pass per 2 season tickets. You can make this donation via a 4 month payment plan."

You then sell all the 'benefits" of HC membership and hope that Mario has a freakin' acceptable season this year and THEN you transition into the model they're trying to this season IF you think it'll actually generate a worthy amount of an increase in HC donations (which I don't).

I'm well aware of all of this as most of my family went to B1G institutions so I've ALWAYS said that my Canes Football tix (especially where they're located) and parking pass costs are probably the best value in all of CFB- even despite our long stretches of on-field mediocrity. I'm also a HC member so this probably* won't affect me directly but there's a good chance it could affect my tailgate.

I have no issue with them trying to increase HC donations but this was simply a hamfisted way to do it that'll just result in more anger than any addl revenue increase is worth. To do it coming off a 5-7 season is insane if you value your best "gameday" fans and their $$$ at all too.

"Hey, we won't raise ticket prices this season as we appreciate all of your support through the struggles last season. However, we will be transitioning to a model where we reward our HC members that are also football season ticket holders with first access to interior parking as we now give them first access to seat relocation/upgrade. In an effort to make this transition as smooth as possible, we will guarantee the opportunity to renew your parking pass from last season for this upcoming season only at a HC donation rate of $200 per pass with a maximum of one pass per 2 season tickets. You can make this donation via a 4 month payment plan."

You then sell all the 'benefits" of HC membership and hope that Mario has a freakin' acceptable season this year and THEN you transition into the model they're trying to this season IF you think it'll actually generate a worthy amount of an increase in HC donations (which I don't).

There has to be a better way…

Perhaps there were so many boat races last year, they simply forgot about football tailgating….

Advertisement

Tell me more about this acceptable season…

I like this idea…

PSA: the Hurricanes' Athletics website was glitching for some people today and showing parking availability way less than their donor level.

If you get into your account and it only lets you buy in yellow, it could be because of a problem with the website, which "has been acting buggy" per the ticket rep I spoke to. At about 3PM I was told there was still plenty of Blue/Green/Orange parking (even though the website was only offering me yellow parking).

PSA: the Hurricanes' Athletics website was glitching for some people today and showing parking availability way less than their donor level.

If you get into your account and it only lets you buy in yellow, it could be because of a problem with the website, which "has been acting buggy" per the ticket rep I spoke to. At about 3PM I was told there was still plenty of Blue/Green/Orange parking (even though the website was only offering me yellow parking).

True story - when I called the Ticket Office last week to point out that a lot of "Monday parking order appointment" people would still be in Houston if we beat UConn, the guy told me that a TON of people had Monday appointments (as if that somehow explained anything), and that he couldn't change my time on Monday, he would have to move me to Wednesday (which I immediately rejected).

It's pretty obvious that the Ticket Office doesn't care about doing the RIGHT THING (managing the bandwidth on Day 1 or 2 of parking renewals by capping the number of people with appointments), they just want to give the illusion of making everyone happy by letting a ton of people renew on the same first day so that we all feel more special.

Meanwhile, the site crashes.

******* genius...

Advertisement
Back