2023 Parking Pass Availability/Selection Process

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
This was from the recent seat selection/upgrade email:

Screenshot_20230317_103530_Email.jpg

I really don't feel like calling Hecht and I assume some of you guys are in the know. So....

1) We're still guaranteed the opportunity to renew our passes from last season, right? It's just limited to 1 pass for every 2 season tickets you hold, correct?

2) Do you think there will be any Green Lot passes available during the "early" selection process for parking if you pony up the $100 donation?

Gracias in advance, mi amors.

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement

View attachment 233053
I really don't feel like calling Hecht and I assume some of you guys are in the know. So....

1) We're still guaranteed the opportunity to renew our passes from last season, right? It's just limited to 1 pass for every 2 season tickets you hold, correct?

2) Do you think there will be any Green Lot passes available during the "early" selection process for parking if you pony up the $100 donation?

Signed,

Peruche

Can I ask you, did you have "interior parking" last year, or were you in Yellow?

The reason I am asking is because my e-mail didn't say that. I already have renewed Season Tix, I've already made my Hurricane Club contributions, and I had "interior" (Green) parking last year.

I'm just trying to determine if I got a more "relaxed" e-mail because I (hopefully) should already be safe on my renewal.

1679067188918.png

Can I ask you, did you have "interior parking" last year, or were you in Yellow?

The reason I am asking is because my e-mail didn't say that. I already have renewed Season Tix, I've already made my Hurricane Club contributions, and I had "interior" (Green) parking last year.

I'm just trying to determine if I got a more "relaxed" e-mail because I (hopefully) should already be safe on my renewal.

View attachment 233056
I’m in your boat but my time is not until Tuesday, which now has me concerned if there will be any green spots available.

I’m in your boat but my time is not until Tuesday, which now has me concerned if there will be any green spots available.

Yeah, and I'm trying to figure out what the language means, in the sense that "if I already had Green last year", do I have priority to renew, or could a Golden Cane bump me?

I love Dan Radakovich, but it would certainly help matters to increase the transparency of the process.

View attachment 233053

Signed,

Peruche
I've already secured my Black Lot helipad spot.

You peasants!!!

Advertisement

View attachment 233056

Weird. Yeah, I'm in Green too and have already renewed my tix. Was hoping to scoop an addl pass for our lot. Definitely don't want to be concerned about the availability of my current passes.

Yeah, and I'm trying to figure out what the language means, in the sense that "if I already had Green last year", do I have priority to renew, or could a Golden Cane bump me?

I love Dan Radakovich, but it would certainly help matters to increase the transparency of the process.
I definitely agree. I also don’t like the seat selection process. For instance, if I want to buy 2 additional seats and the people who were on the seats next to me didnt renew, I should get first dibs on those seats. Instead those seats may not be available at the time of my selection (meaning if I wanted 2 more seats I would have to move to a section that had 4 available). Or if the people did renew but choose to move and their relocation time is after mine I still wouldn’t be able to grab those seats.

I definitely agree. I also don’t like the seat selection process. For instance, if I want to buy 2 additional seats and the people who were on the seats next to me didnt renew, I should get first dibs on those seats. Instead those seats may not be available at the time of my selection (meaning if I wanted 2 more seats I would have to move to a section that had 4 available). Or if the people did renew but choose to move and their relocation time is after mine I still wouldn’t be able to grab those seats.
The people next to me did not renew. I bought their seats. Went right online and purchased two additional seats. If you think you are getting additional seats for your renewal price, you are going to be disappointed. If the seats you want are available now, go buy them. Just use the regular season ticket purchase path vice the seat relocation tab.

Advertisement
The people next to me did not renew. I bought their seats. Went right online and purchased two additional seats. If you think you are getting additional seats for your renewal price, you are going to be disappointed. If the seats you want are available now, go buy them. Just use the regular season ticket purchase path vice the seat relocation tab.

This works for "additional" seats. It's not a viable alternative for seat relocation.

View attachment 233056
Ya’ll are missing out. The real action is in the yellow lots. Plus you get to walk 5 miles to the stadium and get that workout in

Ya’ll are missing out. The real action is in the yellow lots. Plus you get to walk 5 miles to the stadium and get that workout in

Hey, don't forget, you also get to go up and down steps and ramps with all those new pedestrian bridges. It's a fantastic time in 90-degree-plus weather, I guarantee you that nobody is dehydrated by the time they get to @SpikeUM 's tailgate in the black lot!

Advertisement
This works for "additional" seats. It's not a viable alternative for seat relocation.

Yup and the seat inventory they're showing when you login through the "seat selection" tab is wayyyyyy more plentiful than if you just go to buy new season tickets. That said, I bet a call to the right person at Hecht could get seat relocation seats added to your account as additional seats.

As far as parking, I'm still flying blind here. Are they really going to turn ALL of interior parking into a donation/Hurricane Club based ranked purchase and not guarantee season tix holders the right of first choice to keep their preexisting pass(es)?

THAT seems like a potential MAJOR sauce of blowback in Rad's future, if so.

Confirmed it (as much as you can ever actually do that) with Hecht today. They're f*cking season ticket holders and completely prioritizing Hurricane Club status level in parking selection.

All interior parking passes are going back into a big pot. Your preexisting pass will not be held for you to renew as only a season ticket holder. Hurricane Club members will get the opportunity to buy the passes over the first 2 weeks of April (based upon level of donation). Season ticket holders will get the opportunity to "renew" from whatever remains circa May.

Full disclosure- I'm a Hurricane Club member but this is still a ridiculous way to conduct business and my first severe disappointment in Rad. They should be kissing the collective asses of season ticket holders coming off THAT season instead of antagonizing them and essentially extorting money as they over-monetize one of the few current attractive elements of the football program- the tailgate.

Ugh. Always needless headaches with this athletics department. Go Canes....Hoops.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Confirmed it (as much as you can ever actually do that) with Hecht today. They're f*cking season ticket holders and completely prioritizing Hurricane Club status level in parking selection.

All interior parking passes are going back into a big pot. Your preexisting pass will not be held for you to renew as only a season ticket holder. Hurricane Club members will get the opportunity to buy the passes over the first 2 weeks of April (based upon level of donation). Season ticket holders will get the opportunity to "renew" from whatever remains circa May.

Full disclosure- I'm a Hurricane Club member but this is still a ridiculous way to conduct business and my first severe disappointment in Rad. They should be kissing the collective asses of season ticket holders coming off THAT season instead of antagonizing them and essentially extorting money as they over-monetize one of the few current attractive elements of the football program- the tailgate.

Ugh. Always needless headaches with this athletics department. Go Canes....Hoops.

My parking upgrade appointment is Monday.

I will be in Houston...

I've always been and am still a big Rad guy but they way this has been handled is amateur hour Blake James-esque. How do you not move that date from Monday?

How you do anything is how you do everything, right?
Rad hasnt been great so far tbh esp considering the hype.

also, if you were gonna buy anything it’s parking over tickets. I know so,e people who won’t renew bc of the parking situation

Advertisement
Back