2023 2023 LB/RB Jayvant Brown

Advertisement
I seen kids leave Louisiana and GA and didn't even bat an eye lid at LSU or UGA. We just don't see it cuz its not our team.
Sure there's exceptions to everything...But the Bayou kids probably are as loyal to the home team as anywhere in America. When they are going really well, it usually takes Bama to come in and got them...And in rough times, they still do better than most parts of the country when teams struggle (And it's not even comparable with Sofla kids and UM)...Ohio kids with OSU are probably right there with LA kids. (smaller talent pool to obviously than Cali, Sofla, etc)

GA I agree...Those kids go anywhere. Cali/Texas...Varying degrees of loyalty as well and depends how the #1 in those states (Tex/USC) are doing at the time

But all in all, kids from the boot are the most loyal in the country imo.

Where else does the hometown team not make an early Top 7? I know recruiting is going to improve, but the question still stands
Thank God the new staff will recruit nationally. Won't.need to depend on divas (not saying this kid is, i know nothing about him specifically.)

Sure there's exceptions to everything...But the Bayou kids probably are as loyal to the home team as anywhere in America. When they are going really well, it usually takes Bama to come in and got them...And in rough times, they still do better than most parts of the country when teams struggle (And it's not even comparable with Sofla kids and UM)...Ohio kids with OSU are probably right there with LA kids. (smaller talent pool to obviously than Cali, Sofla, etc)

GA I agree...Those kids go anywhere. Cali/Texas...Varying degrees of loyalty as well and depends how the #1 in those states (Tex/USC) are doing at the time

I don't know that they're the most loyal, the LSU kids. Just look at the top teams. If they're hard on someone local, they'll almost always get them.

The problem we have for elite kids is that we haven't been **** in their lifetime. We have to prove it on the field and if it gets rolling, they may come. I say may because NIL is going to be a player, how much we'll have to wait and see.

Anyhow, I'm here mostly to see what Macho says about this particular recruit.

Advertisement
I don't know that they're the most loyal, the LSU kids. Just look at the top teams. If they're hard on someone local, they'll almost always get them.

The problem we have for elite kids is that we haven't been **** in their lifetime. We have to prove it on the field and if it gets rolling, they may come. I say may because NIL is going to be a player, how much we'll have to wait and see.

But we still got LT and JW so wins don't matter they love Mario and give him time.

And the implosion if Manny beats Mario for a LB recruit while coaching at Penn State…

But we still got LT and JW so wins don't matter they love Mario and give him time.

There's always exceptions to every rule. The list who stayed versus those who left dwarfs those who came.

We'll see what Mario and company can do. There's a lot of factors involved and those at the top aren't going to go quietly into the night because of a hire. He still needs to win and win a lot. Then there's the other factors, NIL being a big one.

Advertisement

This is facts.

Oklahoma, Louisiana & Ohio kids are the most loyal to their home-state programs.

Florida kids are the least loyal.

Bro you been saying it and i agree, if you are a good recruiter, you are a good recruiter once you got all the cards on deck. We have been used to mediocre recruiters so long where we tell ourselves its because we aint winning that's why. When we were on fire in 2017 i don't remember kids piling up to commit. Thats because we had burnt out Mark Richt and Manny who thinks kids should come kiss is *** to commit. Winning is just a tool, not the only tool as u can spin it either way and say we need you to help us win. What you need to be a great recruiter is someone who doesn't take no for an answer, and is dogged, every day, they on the kids ***. If its even a good morning have a great day text. Thats Mario.

Advertisement
That Deerfield team seemed to have a lot of big recruits. Wtf was I looking at when they played Palmetto.

G7 and Mike where doing whatever they wanted out there.
They scored 14 points bro, relax. All in the beginning of the game. (and at least one score was completely my fault)

What big recruits do we have?
Tarber and Brown on defense. Patterson on offense. Name one other big recruits. 🤔

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back