2023 2023 CB Rodrick Pleasant

It's a joke that Miami can be in the speed state and near to the Caribbean and have such a bad or average track team.
Just goes to show what happens when you don't prioritize something. The athletic department as a whole has been woefully undervalued and underfunded for quite some time at UM (from what I've heard). That's why I'm hoping that Rad and Co. reignite all of the sports programs. Beginning with football of course.

Advertisement
More info on his T&F history at Clemson please. Don't know much about that part of his tenure.
He planned to cut Clemson’s track and field. I think they ended up keeping it, but Rad planned to cut the program for financial reasons. I doubt he is gonna revive and spend on our T&F while his history shows that he doesn’t invest as much into the smaller programs. From what else I know of Rad’s history I think he spends more on the money making sports.

More info on his T&F history at Clemson please. Don't know much about that part of his tenure.
remember something maybe a year ago or 2....of clemson trying to do away with their track n field program and the track team started to expose the football team of dabos and how the players were bought and receive money, etc then it went quiet a bit i think some of the track kids were even protesting.

Dont think our AD gives a sh*t about track...so safe to say we will still suck.

Advertisement
1661453916729.gif

Advertisement
Stafford, Brown, this kid & keep on recruiting Money and hope the man upstairs gives us a miracle
McClain ain’t coming...

And I’ll be shocked if we actually get Brown.

But if we land this kid that makes up for every miss we’ve had on the trail this class.

This kind of speed at a position of need like CB does not come along very often, in fact hardly ever.

The potential to have a CB with world class Olympic speed is groundbreaking, any CB coach worth his weight in salt would salivate at the idea of having a Corner with 4.2 speed, this kid is a special special athlete that can change the trajectory of your Defense when you have these kinds of ELITE physical tools to work with.

Put him in the S&C add some weight/strength, then teach him the fundamentals of Press Man & what you essentially have is a CB that would be next to impossible for even the fastest WR’s to outrun, which can absolutely alter the way you call coverages as a DC. You would never have to rotate a Safety over to his side for help, which means you can use that extra Defender in a myriad of different ways.

Having slow CB’s cripples your Defense; having fast CB’s elevates your Defense.

McClain ain’t coming...

But if we land this kid that makes up for every miss we’ve had on the trail this class.

This kind of speed at a position of need like CB does not come along very often, in fact hardly ever.

The potential to have a CB with world class Olympic speed is groundbreaking, any CB coach worth his weight in salt would salivate at the idea of having a Corner with 4.2 speed, this kid is a special special athlete that can change the trajectory of your Defense when you have these kinds of ELITE physical tools to work with.

Put him in the S&C add some weight/strength, then teach him the fundamentals of Press Man & what you essentially have is a CB that would be next to impossible for even the fastest WR’s to outrun, which can absolutely alter the way you call coverages as a DC. You would never have to rotate a Safety over to his side for help, which means you can use that extra Defender in a myriad of different ways.

I think we get Brown. Where is he going? Bama is going to be full at corner. I don’t see him going to FSU. Clemson? I’ll take Mario/Addae against them. We have been beating them for guys. End of the day, I think Brown is headed to Miami. I know it’s against all history, but I don’t see him going to Clemson/FSU over Miami. It’s a new day.

I think we get Brown. Where is he going? Bama is going to be full at corner. I don’t see him going to FSU. Clemson? I’ll take Mario/Addae against them. We have been beating them for guys. End of the day, I think Brown is headed to Miami. I know it’s against all history, but I don’t see him going to Clemson/FSU over Miami. It’s a new day.
Yeah….. but AH gonna AH

You’re more than likely right...

But you can never put anything past an AH CB lol

Advertisement
It definitely could be a process of elimination going in our favor vs winning a big battle. Those SFE cucks like Ricky Williams have their hooks deep into schools AH. But as you said, our chief competition is Clemson here, Bama won't have room for him, which if they did I'd say forget about him but we might luck out here.

He planned to cut Clemson’s track and field. I think they ended up keeping it, but Rad planned to cut the program for financial reasons. I doubt he is gonna revive and spend on our T&F while his history shows that he doesn’t invest as much into the smaller programs. From what else I know of Rad’s history I think he spends more on the money making sports.
He has a good history of adding sports but in this case in 2020 he announced Clemson was eliminating T&F due to financial issues brought upon by Covid. The student athletes lawyered up and filed a Title IX lawsuit, and won, forcing the school to reinstate the programs. Drastic overreach but he was not alone as ADs across the country used Covid as an excuse to cut various programs it's just now there are case precedents in the student athletes' favor and powerful and experienced legal teams who know how to win these cases.

I am not of the opinion that his decision at Clemson has any negative impact on what decision he may make at Miami re: T&F, if anything it might actually help, but whatever decisions he makes will be carefully balanced with Title IX laws. If Mario says he needs a T&F program given everything else they are doing/spending it would be worth adding the women's sports needed to offset men's track scholarships.

Advertisement
McClain ain’t coming...

El, you had me at myriad!

I like us offering him i also would send an offer out to the cb from IMG who just decommitted and is looking for a bigger school than uva.
ALSO WOULD WATCH eDWIN jOSEPH UNTIL MID SZN AND SEE HOW HE LOOKS AS A CB AND MAYBE OFFER HIM OUT OF CHAMINADE.

With those contigencies you still recruit the Browns and Mcclain's who are longshots. **** this kid maybe one too but lets get an OV.

Really? Even at this point?

I understand AH and all. But I think we get Brown...We've lost all the other AH corners sure, but this kid doesn't have Georgia/Bama options.
I’m not saying that we won’t, I said I’ll be shocked if we do.

Yall might not be, but I will lol

I don’t put anything past an AH CB, I don’t gloss over that as if it’s insignificant, getting a CB from AH is like getting a 5-star LB from Birmingham Alabama to come to Miami, we have better traction with CB’s from Georgia than we do with AH kids out of High school.

If we do get him that’s a big win for us, but I’m not gonna pencil him into the class as if it’s a guarantee, Idc what his options are. When it comes to AH the last minute swerve is never off the table IMO lol

Advertisement
Back