2023 2023 CB Rodrick Pleasant

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

5’11 170lbs 4-star CB out of Gardena CA, goes to Junipero Serra

He’s a raw versatile athlete with ELITE high level speed. Plays, WR/RB & CB.

@2:30 while lined up in Nickel did a great job covering the Crossing Drag route, played to the outside shoulder off inside release & step for step with his man playing him to the sideline.

@3:30 playing in Press man, did a really good job staying square out of stance, gave inside release playing to outside leverage & showed very good hip fluidity turning & playing to the inside shoulder of the WR & undercutting the route to make a play on the ball end up with the INT.

He has exceptional speed turn ability, plays mostly in off zone coverage, but has A+ athletic traits to be a really good cover corner. He projects best as a Nickel, but can develop into a Outside corner as well.

World class blazing speed! 🔥🔥🔥

Best track times:
100m

200m

Also has really good 41.05 in the 4x100 relay.

Gardena Serra is a school that has produced some good Football players over years & in particular some really good Speedsters.

- Adoree Jackson; former USC WR/CB
- Marqise Lee; former USC WR
- Jordan Lasley; former UCLA WR
- Paul Richardson; former Colorado WR
- Robert Woods; former USC WR

And recently prospects like:
- 2022 4-star QB Maalik Murphy, signed with Texas
- 2021 4-star CB Devin Kirkwood, signed with UCLA
- 2020 4-star WR LV Bunkley-Shelton, signed with AZ ST
- 2020 3-star LB Justin Houston, signed with Fresno ST
- 2020 3-star WR Ronald Gilliam, signed with San Diego ST
- 2020 3-star RB Jaylon Armstead, signed with San Diego ST
- 2020 3-star CB Devyn King, signed with Maryland
- 2019 4-star S Max Williams, signed with USC
- 2019 3-star WR Melquan Stovall, signed with Nevada
- 2018 4-star WR Bryan Addison, signed with Oregon

Is also teammates with high ranked 4-star CB Dakoda Fields in the 2024 class

He’s currently being recruited the most by Boston College, Oregon & USC, with an OV to BC with them being the favorites to land him as of right now. He’s seen as more of a developmental prospect that after more physical development in the S&C can be a future P5 starter, but has all the athletic tools to be a very good corner.

I think he’s a kid we should definitely make an attempt at if we swing & miss on others on our CB board.

Offers:
USC, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Texas, TCU, Tennessee, Ole Miss, UGA, Michigan, PSU, Pitt, UCLA, Cal, Arizona, AZ ST, Colorado, San Diego ST, Boise ST, Purdue, Vandy & Jackson ST

Advertisement

@2:30 while lined up in Nickel did a great job covering the Crossing Drag route, played to the outside shoulder off inside release & step for step with his man playing him to the sideline.

@3:30 playing in Press man, did a really good job staying square out of stance, gave inside release playing to outside leverage & showed very good hip fluidity turning & playing to the inside shoulder of the WR & undercutting the route to make a play on the ball end up with the INT.

He has exceptional speed turn ability, plays mostly in off zone coverage, but has A+ athletic traits to be a really good cover corner. He projects best as a Nickel, but can develop into a Outside corner as well.

Best track times:
100m

200m

Gardena Serra is a school that has produced some good Football players over years & in particular some really good Speedsters.

He’s currently being recruited the most by Boston College, Oregon & USC, with an OV to BC with them being the favorites to land him as of right now. He’s seen as more of a developmental prospect that after more physical development in the S&C can be a future P5 starter, but has all the athletic tools to be a very good corner.

I think he’s a kid we should definitely make an attempt at if we swing & miss on others on our CB board.

Offers:
USC, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Texas, TCU, Tennessee, Ole Miss, UGA, Michigan, PSU, Pitt, UCLA, Cal, Arizona, AZ ST, Colorado, San Diego ST, Boise ST, Purdue, Vandy & Jackson ST

Don't even care to watch the tape. Take on those times alone. I WANT ALL DAT SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LCE do our coaches know about him, if not do you send info like this to the coaches to give them a heads up.

Yes.Please.God. Why have we not offered yet??? Hey Addae, I know we're in the Southeast(Cradle of DBs) but ****'s been tough sleddin' for us round these parts. Shoot your shot!!!

PS: He's a Serra kid too. Those cats have a pretty good hit rate. George Farmer(injury prone) and John Houston are the only two who come to me immediately that fell short of expectations. I like the mentality of their kids...

Yes.Please.God. Why have we not offered yet??? Hey Addae, I know we're in the Southeast(Cradle of DBs) but ****'s been tough sleddin' for us round these parts. Shoot your shot!!!

PS: He's a Serra kid too. Those cats have a pretty good hit rate. George Farmer(injury prone) and John Houston are the only two who come to me immediately that fell short of expectations. I like the mentality of their kids...
Facts 1,000!

If Aazaar Abdul-Rahim can get a Serra kid all the way up to Chestnut Hill we might as well try to get him to Gables lol

Advertisement
Facts 1,000!

If Aazaar Abdul-Rahim can get a Serra kid all the way up to Chestnut Hill we might as well try to get him to Gables lol
**** Yeah bruh. When I saw BC with a warm status on his 247, I was like yeah, if AAR can have them in the game like that, we'd have to be a major threat if Addae & Mario got on him...

Man your knowledge about all these kids is wild L. This is the perfect kid for us this cycle. Stupid high upside with enough time to develop behind what we already have in the DB room.

Hope we go after him now!
We haven’t had a CB with this kind of speed since DVD was a player lol

We need a serious infusion of speed at CB, we’ve recruited too many big body slow Safety types & it’s shows when we play teams that have good WRs that can stretch the field.

I know it's probably been asked and answered here several times, but LCE, do you pass on this info to anyone on the staff, or are you just sharing this info with the board to discuss?

Advertisement

Best track times:
100m

200m

Offers:

ok, this kid is as raw as a frozen chicken.

but from the tape, i don't have a reason why you WOULDN'T want to bring him in now, and figure it out later.

Advertisement
Who is BC's West Coast recruiter? They've been getting some good West Coast players and I don't understand how

Advertisement
10.16!? I dont needa watch anything. Im going full Al Davis and saying NEED.
The craziest thing about his speed is his “worst” times are 10.5...

Idk if people realize exactly how fast that is, but 10.5 basically translates to low a 4.4 in the 40.

So that means at his absolute slowest he’s a 4.41 kid, but at his absolute fastest he’s without question a 4.2/4.3 kid.

Like he rolls out of bed & can run a 4.22-4.30 without even trying too hard, that’s INSANE.

Idk if people realize exactly how fast that is, but 10.5 basically translates to low a 4.4 in the 40.

So that means at his absolute slowest he’s a 4.41 kid, but at his absolute fastest he’s without question a 4.2/4.3 kid.

Like he rolls out of bed & can run a 4.22-4.30 without even trying too hard, that’s INSANE.
Kid makes Jalen Brown look slow, nuff said….

So 4.39 with a hangover and no sleep? Not bad

Advertisement
Back