2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

Advertisement
Did they promise a starting spot? It doesn't say that in that cover and I can't read the story.

I'm sure he's aware of who they signed last year. You always sell your successes and that class was a huge success. The message though should always be that you can compete with anyone and a spot is yours if you can take it. Seems people are taking it out if context here to fit a narrative of theirs. That or it says more in the story I can't read, it's surface level.

Exactly. Next season there are going to be a lot of teams shopping at the Texas A&M DL overstock portal. Lots of top notch, name brand DLs being cleared out due to lack of room.
And for all the incoming 5 Star Freshman All Americans coming in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They have a fairly tough schedule. 6 might be their ceiling this year, which is not going to keep his job. I think they need 8 for that. Stacked far too much talent and spent far too much money for 5 to 7 win seasons......
Unless they go 5-7 again, or worse, I don't see A&M eating his 75 million buyout. They'll hire a PI to dig up dirt on Jimbo before paying him to be unemployed. Lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree, they are a good team and the SEC west is slightly down this year
Their offense is good.

Their defense isn't. 240yards after the catch is bad. You don't just get better at tackling mid season. They're going to be dealing with poor tackling all season.

You look at their schedule and I see maybe 3 at most guaranteed wins left. They play Tennessee and Bama which they should lose. The other 5 games are toss ups.

So anywhere from 9-3 to 4-8 is possible for them.

Look at last year. They hung with and almost beat Bama, beat LSU, but lost to App state and Auburn and struggled with Arkansas.

They're too inconsistent. With that talent they could show up on any given Saturday and beat anybody but also could lose to anybody. Hard to predict what they'll be when everybody knows Jimbo is a dead man walking.

I agree, they are a good team and the SEC west is slightly down this year
It’s not just the SEC West.

The entire SEC looks so mid this year. It’s early, but…

- Missouri nearly lost to Middle Tennessee St last week.
- Kentucky looked less than impressive against Ball St and then struggled with Eastern Kentucky
- Tennessee struggled to put away UVA for about 40 min, and then beat Austin Peay by 17…they only scored 30 points, after Austin Peay let up 49 to Southern Illinois week 1.
- UF lost to a mediocre Utah team (given the available personnel).
- South Carolina’s trenches look atrocious, gave up 9 sacks vs. UNC.
- Brian Kelly is a corch and got blown out by FSU/struggled with Grambling St for the first 25 minutes.
- Bama could have easily been ran out of the building by Texas if it wasn’t for a couple fortuitous bounces, still lost by double digits
- Miss St forced 4 picks by Jayden de Laura and still had to go to OT with Arizona
- Arkansas was a 38pt favorite against Kent St, a team UCF blew out by 50+….and were up 8 at half, only scored 28 points.
- Vandy got dominated by a rebuilding Wake Forest squad and should have lost to Hawaii Week 1
- Auburn struggled immensely with Cal and were fortunate their kicker is cheeks, as he missed three field goals.

Again it’s early and a lot can change, but absolutely can make an argument the SEC is the 3rd or 4th-best P5 conference.

Advertisement
Back