2022 WR Erriyon Knighton

What's wayyyyyyy more impressive is what Michael Johnson did from 94-96.....

He was also 8 to 10 years older than this young man.

Michael Johnson is the man. Fastest 400 split it all time in the 4x400 and the historic 200 / 400 double, WR's, etc.

We don't know what this young buck will do tomorrow, let alone half his age down the road.

Advertisement
I was dead wrong on this it’s hard to predict the next greaT American sprinter but he’s that dude

You just really never know. People hit a wall all the time, get injured, try adding or tweaking and they're never the same. Such a fine line in those 100ths. He could try and add strength and go backwards or forwards, grab an injury, etc. Right now though, he's that dude as you say.

You just really never know. People hit a wall all the time, get injured, try adding or tweaking and they're never the same. Such a fine line in those 100ths. He could try and add strength and go backwards or forwards, grab an injury, etc. Right now though, he's that dude as you say.
I was a high level sprinter and I’ve seen so many guys run crazy times at a young age then never break through to the next level. He’s different and I’m happy I was wrong. As a black man I’m happy to see him succeed and as a American who loves track, I’m happy we finally have a guy that can potentially rewrite record books. 19.49 is insane! 19.49 at 18 years old… I’m at a loss for words. Unbelievable!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
With NIL, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to now.

Yea but I doubt we’ll see it because they are exceptional in the sport they are getting paid to play. If I’m him, I’ll continue to collect the t&f checks while leaving the gridiron in the rear view.

Advertisement
Yea but I doubt we’ll see it because they are exceptional in the sport they are getting paid to play. If I’m him, I’ll continue to collect the t&f checks while leaving the gridiron in the rear view.

So would I. If he plateaus, then you consider it. I'll take the wear and tear of T&F with what it pays all day at that level not thinking twice about another sport.

whose the white lightning kid at UGa and how fast is he?
I think the answer is clear (almost two years later) -- Erriyon Knighton is the truth; no one is even talking about Matthew Boling anymore (I had to look him up before posting this comment).

whose the white lightning kid at UGa and how fast is he?
I think the answers are now clear regarding Erriyon Knighton -- two years later. At this point, no one is even talking about Matthew Boling (I had to look him up before posting).

I think the answers are now clear regarding Erriyon Knighton -- two years later. At this point, no one is even talking about Matthew Boling (I had to look him up before posting).
Boling is doing really well.

Few months ago he ran sub 10 in the 100 and sub 20 in the 200. I think only 50 or so athletes have ever done both.

Advertisement
Back