2022 TE Riley-Ducker "extremely interested" in UM, planning visit

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The Miami Hurricanes’ search for a tight end in the 2022 class has now taken them all the way to Nebraska, where OL coach Garin Justice recently offered Bellevue West (NE) 3-star TE Micah Riley-Ducker. While prospects from the Cornhusker State don’t usually get looks from the Canes, the staff felt Riley-Ducker was an exception due to his potential fit in their offense when combined with his talent level.

“[Coach Justice] and I talked for about 10 minutes just learning about each other,” Riley-Ducker said. “He told me about their program and how I would fit perfectly with how they have been using the tight ends lately. It’s a blessing to get an offer from Miami.”

As Riley-Ducker’s home is located so far away from South Florida, the visit experience at UM will be so key to determining the direction of his recruitment, but the 6’6” 235-pound prospect also has his attention focused on the “Tight End U” aspect of the Miami program aspect as well.

“I am extremely interested in Miami and hope the NCAA stops pushing back the dead period so we can take a trip there,” Riley-Ducker said. “The tradition of the tight end at Miami is becoming an automatic ticket to the league. That’s ultimately the goal at the end of the day, so my interest in them is big.”

Does Riley-Ducker see distance from home being a factor for him?

“As the process goes on and I see the different campuses, I don’t think that will be an issue,” he said.

As such, the Bellevue West star already has plans to make multiple visits to better familiarize himself with his options, regardless of if the NCAA ends the dead period in April or not.

“Me and my family are going to take some trips on our own if they don’t open up the quiet period,” Riley-Ducker said. “However, if they do, we will be going to meet the coaches at Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Missouri. All those schools are in contact the most with me and that’s who I want to see the most.”

Once Riley-Ducker gets to see some campuses and build better relationships with the coaching staffs, that’s when he’ll feel more comfortable narrowing his list down and making a decision from there, which will likely come this summer if all goes according to plan.

“I’ll be making a decision during July depending on if we are allowed to take some visits,” Riley-Ducker said. “I’m looking for somewhere I’m comfortable and somewhere I feel like they will give me a chance develop and to win a national championship.”

As a junior in 2020, Riley-Ducker recorded 23 catches for 310 yards and 7 TD’s in 6 games played for the 6-1 Thunderbirds, who fell just short of their goal of a state title.

“My junior season went great, but it ended a little short unfortunately. I dislocated my shoulder in our second round of the playoffs and I was done for the game,” Riley-Ducker said. “We ended up losing in a close one, but we will be back next year to get a ring.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
His name reminds me of an old Aerosmith concert shirt I had with night in the ruts written on it.

Looks pretty good on tape. Basically was playing WR for his team but was a good blocker from that spot. Best trait is his size. Definitely someone to monitor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Miami Hurricanes’ search for a tight end in the 2022 class has now taken them all the way to Nebraska, where OL coach Garin Justice recently offered Bellevue West (NE) 3-star TE Micah Riley-Ducker. While prospects from the Cornhusker State don’t usually get looks from the Canes, the staff felt Riley-Ducker was an exception due to his potential fit in their offense when combined with his talent level.

“[Coach Justice] and I talked for about 10 minutes just learning about each other,” Riley-Ducker said. “He told me about their program and how I would fit perfectly with how they have been using the tight ends lately. It’s a blessing to get an offer from Miami.”

As Riley-Ducker’s home is located so far away from South Florida, the visit experience at UM will be so key to determining the direction of his recruitment, but the 6’6” 235-pound prospect also has his attention focused on the “Tight End U” aspect of the Miami program aspect as well.

“I am extremely interested in Miami and hope the NCAA stops pushing back the dead period so we can take a trip there,” Riley-Ducker said. “The tradition of the tight end at Miami is becoming an automatic ticket to the league. That’s ultimately the goal at the end of the day, so my interest in them is big.”

Does Riley-Ducker see distance from home being a factor for him?

“As the process goes on and I see the different campuses, I don’t think that will be an issue,” he said.

As such, the Bellevue West star already has plans to make multiple visits to better familiarize himself with his options, regardless of if the NCAA ends the dead period in April or not.

“Me and my family are going to take some trips on our own if they don’t open up the quiet period,” Riley-Ducker said. “However, if they do, we will be going to meet the coaches at Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Missouri. All those schools are in contact the most with me and that’s who I want to see the most.”

Once Riley-Ducker gets to see some campuses and build better relationships with the coaching staffs, that’s when he’ll feel more comfortable narrowing his list down and making a decision from there, which will likely come this summer if all goes according to plan.

“I’ll be making a decision during July depending on if we are allowed to take some visits,” Riley-Ducker said. “I’m looking for somewhere I’m comfortable and somewhere I feel like they will give me a chance develop and to win a national championship.”

As a junior in 2020, Riley-Ducker recorded 23 catches for 310 yards and 7 TD’s in 6 games played for the 6-1 Thunderbirds, who fell just short of their goal of a state title.

“My junior season went great, but it ended a little short unfortunately. I dislocated my shoulder in our second round of the playoffs and I was done for the game,” Riley-Ducker said. “We ended up losing in a close one, but we will be back next year to get a ring.”

Love his size and meanness as a blocker. Kid wants to punish defenders all game long. Has good speed and again, once he catches the ball looks for contact to maul over defenders. Like this kid, not sure who else we’re chasing for ‘22 but he’s a good one to look at for sure.

Advertisement
Didn’t read, but he said that?!! Lmao

“The tradition of the tight end at Miami is becoming an automatic ticket to the league."

Context is a little different, but the last thing we need is a guy who thinks you just show up and it gets handed to you. That alone is probably the single biggest problem Miami has had in the last 20 years.

“The tradition of the tight end at Miami is becoming an automatic ticket to the league."

Context is a little different, but the last thing we need is a guy who thinks you just show up and it gets handed to you. That alone is probably the single biggest problem Miami has had in the last 20 years.

Agreed, that's not a good attitude for a prospective player. But OTOH, sometimes these kids don't know what to say. I would look at how the kid plays, more than what he says.

Agreed, that's not a good attitude for a prospective player. But OTOH, sometimes these kids don't know what to say. I would look at how the kid plays, more than what he says.

Yeah this is totally fair. And I didn't intend to be dismissive of the young man so much as the attitude.

Be it athletically or academically, it doesn't matter what school you go to if you're not willing to put in the work.

Advertisement
Back