2022 2022 Recruiting

Ultimately, everything falls on the shoulders of the HC. In this case, it's Coach L. However, like many in his profession he relies heavily on his assistants and support staff to handle the recruiting. In many cases the coaching staffs identify the prospects and are usually more hands on with the recruits early in the recruiting process. As time goes by and the recruitment picks up, that's when HC's come in, give their blessing and close the deal. Coaching staff needs upgrades. I've been saying it for years. We've got to have someone on the staff with ties to the local area or state at the very least.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think at this point we have to operate under the assumption that L will be our coach next season.

I agree but that will pretty much be a lame duck season. I doubt a lot of kids are going to commit to a coach with 3 consecutive losing seasons and a questionable coaching future at the school.

I agree but that will pretty much be a lame duck season. I doubt a lot of kids are going to commit to a coach with 3 consecutive losing seasons and a questionable coaching future at the school.
I agree. The only thing he can sell to recruits right now is immediate playing time. And he can point to his past successes at UM, but that is starting to feel like a distant memory.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is torture. Two elite local products we aren’t even bothering to recruit. Fire L.

Absolutely. We all know he does not recruit in-state kids and with him literally being a lame duck coach, those kids are not going to commit to him.
That is why I think it is best to "mutually part ways with Coach L now". Pay him the money on his contract and say thanks for everything.

Projected recruiting class
(if we had a coach who recruited in-state kids).

Honestly, you don't need a large recruiting budget to recruit kids within 4 hours of your campus.

Last edited:
Projected recruiting class
(if we had a coach who recruited in-state kids).

Honestly, you don't need a large recruiting budget to recruit kids with 4 hours of your campus.

Pretty sickening that only one of those 5 (Dailey) holds a Miami offer. Is L asleep at the wheel? Fire him and move on already!

Pretty sickening that only one of those 5 (Dailey) holds a Miami offer. Is L asleep at the wheel? Fire him and move on already!

Coach L is who he is. In fairness, pay him his contract money and move on. Even with the school still paying him the next three years, a new coach can still have a good team recruiting in-state kids for the next three years.
Miami cam also play more in-state schools to save money instead of wasting money on those "buy games".
Those 5 would be a really good recruiting class.

Advertisement
Back