2022 2022 Recruiting

Advertisement

We just offered the #1 prospect in the 2022 class. Recently decommitted from Michigan State. We all know there's absolutely zero chance he comes here, and I can't blame L for "shooting for the stars", but 1. we are late to the game 2. Florida is so loaded in this class 3. Please put our efforts into more realistic prospects

Found out why Emoni Bates decommitted and all I can say is that college basketball as we know it may never be the same. Expect a major announcement soon. 🤐

Nothing to see here, the blind morons on our staff didn't recruit him.

In fairness to the staff, it's probably best we didn't get this kid. Shortly before he went down with the gruesome injury I was starting to see some some things that were starting to concern me about him. No doubt he's a gifted scorer but I was starting to see some softness and lack of competitiveness from him. Just not sure how much dawg he has in him. Would hate to see our staff waste time or scholarship on a player in which I question his toughness.

Advertisement

He needed to commit ASAP! I'm told by people who were there that injury he suffered was very gruesome. I heard he broke his leg and disclocated his ankle. Going to be out a while. Hopefully, he can fully recover and come back stronger. Would hate to see him miss out on his HS season and potentially get dropped by Houston.

Saw Malik this weekend and he looked good. No question he's one of the top 2022 kids in Florida. Only concern I have is what position will he play at the next level. He's a tad bit undersized for the post in college and not sure if he's skilled enough or athletic enough to play solely on the wing. Going to be very interesting for me to see how his game translates at the next level. I'll definitely be pulling for him.

Saw Malik this weekend and he looked good. No question he's one of the top 2022 kids in Florida. Only concern I have is what position will he play at the next level. He's a tad bit undersized for the post in college and not sure if he's skilled enough or athletic enough to play solely on the wing. Going to be very interesting for me to see how his game translates at the next level. I'll definitely be pulling for him.
Do we have a shot with him?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
In fairness to the staff, it's probably best we didn't get this kid. Shortly before he went down with the gruesome injury I was starting to see some some things that were starting to concern me about him. No doubt he's a gifted scorer but I was starting to see some softness and lack of competitiveness from him. Just not sure how much dawg he has in him. Would hate to see our staff waste time or scholarship on a player in which I question his toughness.

I never bought into the Bates hype. I don't see Kevin Durant nor Brandon Ingram when he plays.
I enjoyed watching Dillon Mitchell lock him up as that solidified what I already knew about Mitchell.
Mitchell is legit and he will be a very good college player.

That was the main reason why I had Ben Middlebrooks above him on my board.
Ben is a safer pick, of course, when he was available because he is already 6'10 and his skillset says 4.
Malik is a tweener that could go either way.

That was the main reason why I had Ben Middlebrooks above him on my board.
Ben is a safer pick, of course, when he was available because he is already 6'10 and his skillset says 4.
Malik is a tweener that could go either way.
We love to take tweener 3/4’s (Sam, Walker, cross), so if we were to ever land a local player again, it’ll probably be Malik.

Advertisement
Back