2022 2022 Recruiting

Advertisement
Did a bit of research to see just how badly we are neglecting the state of Florida in what is arguably the state's most talented class of prospects in a long, long time.

According to 247 (2022 class only):

UF has offered 20 in-state players (54 overall)
FSU has offered 9 in-state players (25 overall)
USF has offered 13 in-state players (24 overall)
Miami has offered 6 in-state players (19 overall)

Heck, even Virginia Tech has offered more players from Florida (8) than we have.

I'm surprised that the percentage of offers to Florida players for FSU and UM is about the same -- 36% of all offers by FSU go to Fla kids, 32% of all UM offers. A lot closer than I would have thought.

Advertisement
I'm surprised that the percentage of offers to Florida players for FSU and UM is about the same -- 36% of all offers by FSU go to Fla kids, 32% of all UM offers. A lot closer than I would have thought.
Difference is, and this is assuming 247 is accurate (I think it is), they just offer a lot more players in total.

Difference is, and this is assuming 247 is accurate (I think it is), they just offer a lot more players in total.
That's a whole different discussion and an important one. Why are we offering so few kids (in comparison to the other FL schools)? It's certainly not a question of limited roster space.

Caught a couple of their games this weekend and I was impressed with Howard. He's got the goods. Doesn't wow you with athleticism or flash like some of the other prospects in the state, but he's very skilled with a high basketball IQ. I would've loved to see Miami go all in on him, but can't blame them for not wasting their time considering his dad is now the HC at Michigan.

Definitely one of the more impressive players hooping in ATL this weekend. Going to Montverde seems to have worked wonders for Malik's development. He is clearly becoming one of the better 2022 prospects in America. I'm still not convinced what position he's going to play at the next level, but he's so talented and skilled that there's no doubt in my mind he'll be a P5 signee later this year. It's ironic I made a reference to Juwan Howard in my previous message, but that's who this kid reminds me of. A young Juwan Howard. May not have the optimal size or athleticism you'd want in a post player, but he's got enough size, toughness and skill to play with his back to the basket. His faceup game is scary good as well. He's got a deadly midrange game and can score with consistency from anywhere inside the 3-pt line. Long range game still needs some work, but he's still got plenty of time to add that part.

Advertisement
Definitely one of the more impressive players hooping in ATL this weekend. Going to Montverde seems to have worked wonders for Malik's development. He is clearly becoming one of the better 2022 prospects in America. I'm still not convinced what position he's going to play at the next level, but he's so talented and skilled that there's no doubt in my mind he'll be a P5 signee later this year. It's ironic I made a reference to Juwan Howard in my previous message, but that's who this kid reminds me of. A young Juwan Howard. May not have the optimal size or athleticism you'd want in a post player, but he's got enough size, toughness and skill to play with his back to the basket. His faceup game is scary good as well. He's got a deadly midrange game and can score with consistency from anywhere inside the 3-pt line. Long range game still needs some work, but he's still got plenty of time to add that part.

That's why I prefer Eric Dailey Jr and Ben Middlebrooks as my forwards in this recruiting class but if Dailey goes elsewhere then Reneau is the next best recruit to me.

That's why I prefer Eric Dailey Jr and Ben Middlebrooks as my forwards in this recruiting class but if Dailey goes elsewhere then Reneau is the next best recruit to me.
I'm not sold on Middlebrooks just yet. He looked slow and the times I saw him play was overwhelmed and outmatched against some of the elite comp this weekend. Eric Dailey on the other hand is unquestionably a high major prospect. Florida and Texas seem to have the inside track for his services.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We are gonna have a bunch of open scholarships on next year’s team. This is the last year of eligibility for Miller, Gak, Sam, Kam (if he comes back). You’d think we'd be all over these prospects, yet we seem to be as selective with our offers as ever before.

Did a bit of research to see just how badly we are neglecting the state of Florida in what is arguably the state's most talented class of prospects in a long, long time.

According to 247 (2022 class only):

UF has offered 20 in-state players (54 overall)
FSU has offered 9 in-state players (25 overall)
USF has offered 13 in-state players (24 overall)
Miami has offered 6 in-state players (19 overall)

Heck, even Virginia Tech has offered more players from Florida (8) than we have.
Here are the stats for the 2021 class, again according to 247:

UF has offered 7 in-state players (41 overall)
FSU has offered 5 in-state players (30 overall)
USF has offered 12 in-state players (24 overall)
Miami has offered 3 in-state players (35 overall)

Advertisement
Back