NFL Draft 2022 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Exactly. 2022 draft is shaping up to be weak relative to the previous 2 classes or even projecting to 2023. There aren't a plethora of intriguing names to slot into a mock draft right now. Zion started as a young true freshman and that counts for something to the media even if he struggled. Now he's playing better and clearly has high level athletic traits. It's not crazy to project another leap from him that would have him in the 1st round discussion. Don't be surprised if JHH starts getting some draft hype in the offseason too. That's how these things work.

With his youth I think Zion should play 4 years of college regardless but we'll see what unfolds. Becton and Wirfs are also quite young and already quality starters.
How does it project to be anything? The guys are 18 and 19 years old right now.

Advertisement
WalterFootball.com (one of the better more reputable mock draft sites) has Zion Nelson going #12 in 2022. Thought that was pretty insteresting. Also has Philips & Bolden as first rounders in 2022 as well.
As most mock drafts are , it’s untrue , I remember when brad kayaa was projected to be a first round pick .

How does it project to be anything? The guys are 18 and 19 years old right now.
Umm do we not have a recruiting board where you guys go hysterical over where 15-16 year olds might sign? The evals start long before these kids get on campus. Regardless some players have already emerged from that class:

Uiagelelei
Marvin Mims
Gilbert
We know Flowe is a stud
Sewell
Bigsby
Bijan Robinson - I think he's a little overrated but still
Chaney
Milton
Burton
Rosemy also looked good before the brutal injury

I'm sure there are many others...it's gonna be a loaded class but whatever argue just to argue idc.

My god, this site really is filled with some of the most miserable ******* weirdos you can possibly imagine.

It's a MOCK DRAFT 16 months out!!! Good lord.

And yes, walterfootball.com is an incredibly reputable site. Has been for years. But nobody KNOWS anything. It's all guesses even up until the actual draft. Imagine crying this bad because someone said a site has a Miami kid being picked high lmao. Such miserable pricks. Dude is tarred and feathered because he says "Hey guys, look. I found this on the internet."

Advertisement
Walter also had Kaaya going #1 overall once

So did Todd McShay. The guy is still doing it, making a better living than 99.99% of this board, doing what he loves to do. That was clearly a wrong projection. It happens to literally everyone who does this for a living.

I think the main takeaway from what OP said is that Nelson seems to really be improving and very well might have a skillset that is coveted by the NFL in 2 years. Would be a **** of a story from what was written about him on this board in 2019.

Oh, he doesn't have Brevin Jordan in either of the first 2 rounds. I really can't argue too much with that. Very talented kid, but I'm not sure he's absolutely elite at any one aspect of the position, and the injury concerns have to scare people. We're going on him missing essentially half his career now at this point.

I still think he'd run well enough at the combine to be picked on Day 2, but we're getting to the point where it really might be smart to stay 1 more year and show scouts/GMs that he can stay healthy and dominate. He hasn't really done either yet, although of course the flashes of brilliance have been there. Just too few and far between. He'll be really interesting if he does declare. Might wind up being a mistake.

So did Todd McShay. The guy is still doing it, making a better living than 99.99% of this board, doing what he loves to do. That was clearly a wrong projection. It happens to literally everyone who does this for a living.

I think the main takeaway from what OP said is that Nelson seems to really be improving and very well might have a skillset that is coveted by the NFL in 2 years. Would be a **** of a story from what was written about him on this board in 2019.
No way McShay had Kaaya as #1 overall. I can’t believe it

Advertisement
I think it's too early for a 2021 mock draft, much less a 2022 mock draft. That being said, it is nice to see some of our players getting some positive press.

On Nelson, if he takes a similar leap in development next season as he did this season, the sky is the limit for him. His footwork looks much better. He's walling off and mirroring guys in pass protection. And, of course, he has DRASTICALLY improved his kick step. Now he needs to develop some more power and become more forceful in the run game and he has the chance to be special. Rooting for this kid.

No way McShay had Kaaya as #1 overall. I can’t believe it

3 second google search:

He actually had him #2 in this one. Close enough. Point is, this guy does this for a literal living. A year out, he was that off on Kaaya. It happens. Nobody hits these on the head, **** the best guys in the industry don't even come close to nailing these a year or two out. So much changes.

It's called a projection. If he improves and gets better at the rate he has been, and fills out--it isn't unreasonable.

Advertisement
Walter football is the most accurate site when it comes to mock drafts
Dane Brugler has the best projections by far but Walter Football is not bad for getting a general snapshot of where things stand if you want to look further ahead. Nobody is going to be very accurate this far out.

3 second google search:

He actually had him #2 in this one. Close enough. Point is, this guy does this for a literal living. A year out, he was that off on Kaaya. It happens. Nobody hits these on the head, **** the best guys in the industry don't even come close to nailing these a year or two out. So much changes.

McShay also mocked Marcus Forston and Ray Ray Armstrong as 1st Rounders going into their Junior years.

This is why I always say coming back to school or going pro early are both risky. Some players stock improves, some get worse.

Advertisement
Phillips has a big head, he’s gone after this year.
If we never played another game due to COVID this season..he would be dumb to leave. Not enough tape. These extra 2 games plus the bowl game could be everything for him. If he dominates like he has the last 2 games (especially against a high quality opponent in the bowl game)...you can kiss the baby. Its a wrap. Many posters forget he would be a 5th year Sr next year. Full grown. Guys dont stick around for 5 years anymore if they can be a top 90 pick in the draft. Which he will be if does the above.

If we never played another game due to COVID this season..he would be dumb to leave. Not enough tape. These extra 2 games plus the bowl game could be everything for him. If he dominates like he has the last 2 games (especially against a high quality opponent in the bowl game)...you can kiss the baby. Its a wrap. Many posters forget he would be a 5th year Sr next year. Full grown. Guys dont stick around for 5 years anymore if they can be a top 90 pick in the draft. Which he will be if does the above.
I’m with you on the tape particuarly if we draw someone from the SeC like Georgia and he flashes. And 100% on his age, that being said, I think he pops regardless of a grade.

Oh, he doesn't have Brevin Jordan in either of the first 2 rounds. I really can't argue too much with that. Very talented kid, but I'm not sure he's absolutely elite at any one aspect of the position, and the injury concerns have to scare people. We're going on him missing essentially half his career now at this point.

I still think he'd run well enough at the combine to be picked on Day 2, but we're getting to the point where it really might be smart to stay 1 more year and show scouts/GMs that he can stay healthy and dominate. He hasn't really done either yet, although of course the flashes of brilliance have been there. Just too few and far between. He'll be really interesting if he does declare. Might wind up being a mistake.
I think brevin is in the 21 mock draft in the 2nd round

Advertisement
Back