2022 DT Zane Durant

Bro; lol….hold on my g. U do realize that since Manny has been HC, we’ve had 14 decommits, and it’s technically way more than that, but just going off of CIS insight, I’m not including all the ones who were supposedly dropped, and I’m definitely not including those who re-committed.

I don’t believe that’s correct.

Advertisement
I don’t believe that’s correct.

U’re right, it’s been 13 de-commits:

Class of 2020:
1. 4 star-Donnell Harris
2. 4 star-Marcus Fleming
3. 4 star-Ladarius Tennison
4. 4 star-Bryan Robinson
5. 4 star-Jaiden Francois
6. 3 star-Romello Height
Leaving off:
3 star-Willie Moise
3 star-Tre’Von Riggins
3 star-A.J Mathis
3 star-Antonio Smith
3 star-Justin Hodges
B/c these were supposedly dropped players

Class of 2021:
7. 3 star-Chamon Metayer
8. 3 star-Anthony Hundley
9. 3 star- Fred Eaford
10. 3 star Ja’Corey Hammet
Leaving off:
3 star Savion Collins
3 star Tim Burns Jr
3 star Cortez McKenzie
B/c, again, these were supposedly all drops.

Class of 22:
11. 4-star Brandon Cleveland
12. 3-star Quan Lee
13. 3-star Jamal Johnson

But ****, maybe all 21 were drops b/c when guys commit, they are all great, but when they de-commit, they all suck, we have bigger fish to fry, or they were dropped. In C.I.S world, Diaz is the new LaVar Ball…Never loss!

Last edited:
Im gonna say this abt penn state what florida kids has it worked out for? FAU could have had 3-4 penn state transfers if they wanted. Kids love to say I went to penn state but how many stay and have productive careers or degrees.

Advertisement

Class of 2020:
1. 4 star-Donnell Harris
2. 4 star-Marcus Fleming
4. 4 star-Bryan Robinson
6. 3 star-Romello Height
Leaving off:
3 star-Willie Moise
3 star-Tre’Von Riggins
3 star-A.J Mathis
3 star-Antonio Smith
3 star-Justin Hodges

Class of 2021:
7. 3 star-Chamon Metayer
9. 3 star- Fred Eaford
Leaving off:
3 star Savion Collins
3 star Tim Burns Jr
3 star Cortez McKenzie

Class of 22:
12. 3-star Quan Lee
13. 3-star Jamal Johnson

But ****, maybe all 21 were drops b/c when guys commit, they are all great, but when they de-commit, they all suck, we have bigger fish to fry, or they were dropped. In C.I.S world, Diaz is the new LaVar Ball…Never loss!
2020 had some true decommits but still most of the ones you didn't leave off were drops or mutual partings.

Class of 2020:
1. 4 star-Donnell Harris
2. 4 star-Marcus Fleming
4. 4 star-Bryan Robinson
6. 3 star-Romello Height
Leaving off:
3 star-Willie Moise
3 star-Tre’Von Riggins
3 star-A.J Mathis
3 star-Antonio Smith
3 star-Justin Hodges

Class of 2021:
7. 3 star-Chamon Metayer
9. 3 star- Fred Eaford
Leaving off:
3 star Savion Collins
3 star Tim Burns Jr
3 star Cortez McKenzie

Class of 22:
12. 3-star Quan Lee
13. 3-star Jamal Johnson

You know as well as I do a vast majority of those players, especially the last two cycles, were nudged out.

The three this year were 100% no takes on our end.

You know as well as I do a vast majority of those players, especially the last two cycles, were nudged out.

The three this year were 100% no takes on our end.

Imma be honest my friend; since Al Golden I’ve heard the storyline of guys being “nudged out” when they de-commit. Either

A) They weren’t that good to begin w/ (although I swear everyone’s a beast when they commit)

B) Grade issues

C) Bigger Fish (which hardly ever come to fruition at that particular position)

Or

D) Character issues (see how many times we’ve used the transferred out of HS excuse)

Now I will say this, to his credit, a lot of the other de-commits like The Williamsses, George, Brinson, Thad, etc…to get them back is outstanding. But to say Diaz hasn’t had any de-commits since becoming HC is not true…and LORD KNOWS I didn’t even throw in all the de-commits from his time as a DC that he specifically recruited since 2017.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whoo buddy leaving Eaford on the list as a non drop. Thats the one I'm laughing at the most. Kid wound up at FAU after committing to Miami and we're gonna leave him in the true decommit category. Ok

Class of 2020:
1. 4 star-Donnell Harris
2. 4 star-Marcus Fleming
4. 4 star-Bryan Robinson
6. 3 star-Romello Height
Leaving off:
3 star-Willie Moise
3 star-Tre’Von Riggins
3 star-A.J Mathis
3 star-Antonio Smith
3 star-Justin Hodges

Class of 2021:
7. 3 star-Chamon Metayer
9. 3 star- Fred Eaford
Leaving off:
3 star Savion Collins
3 star Tim Burns Jr
3 star Cortez McKenzie

Class of 22:
12. 3-star Quan Lee
13. 3-star Jamal Johnson

Some of those guys are already in the portal or committed to G5 schools... so it was a good mutual separation

Perception is reality. I’m sure culturally there is a huge difference between UM and psu from the locker room to the surrounding areas.
By “surrounding areas” do you mean perianal?

Imma be honest my friend; since Al Golden I’ve heard the storyline of guys being “nudged out” when they de-commit. Either

A) They weren’t that good to begin w/ (although I swear everyone’s a beast when they commit)

B) Grade issues

C) Bigger Fish (which hardly ever come to fruition at that particular position)

Or

D) Character issues (see how many times we’ve used the transferred out of HS excuse)

Now I will say this, to his credit, a lot of the other de-commits like The Williamsses, George, Brinson, Thad, etc…to get them back is outstanding. But to say Diaz hasn’t had any de-commits since becoming HC is not true…and LORD KNOWS I didn’t even throw in all the de-commits from his as a DC that he specifically recruited since 2017.

I don’t really care what happened under golden or any other coach to be honest.

What I look at is the caliber of players signed over the guys who left for whatever reason and where those guys signed after they left.

For the last two years the studs have committed, not taken other visits, recruited for us and most importantly stuck at signing day.

Were batting close to perfect on those and that’s all that matters to me.

Advertisement
Some of those guys are already in the portal or committed to G5 schools... so it was a good mutual separation

Brethren the portal has been an entrapment for a lot of youngins. As an example, since 2019, Bama has had 9 BLUE CHIP transfers, and I’m not including the non blue chips. UGA, w/ 9. Clemson w/ 10.

The portal is not an indication of a “good mutual separation.” The portal has made it too easy for kids who don’t put in the work to try to look for greener pastures. We’ve definitely benefited from portal kids, but we’ve flooded the portal as well. Actually, we’re the gold standard as far as both flooding & taking from the portal since 2019.

Whoo buddy leaving Eaford on the list as a non drop. Thats the one I'm laughing at the most. Kid wound up at FAU after committing to Miami and we're gonna leave him in the true decommit category. Ok

Ya...Basically that whole 21 list were drops with the possible exception of Hundley...I personally wanted to see one of Hundley (he was out early) or Collins in this class. Take a chance with big local DT that want to come...I wouldn't have dropped Burns either, especially that late in the game, no backup plan. That was just stupidity.

Class of 2020:
1. 4 star-Donnell Harris
2. 4 star-Marcus Fleming
4. 4 star-Bryan Robinson
6. 3 star-Romello Height
Leaving off:
3 star-Willie Moise
3 star-Tre’Von Riggins
3 star-A.J Mathis
3 star-Antonio Smith
3 star-Justin Hodges

Class of 2021:
7. 3 star-Chamon Metayer
9. 3 star- Fred Eaford
Leaving off:
3 star Savion Collins
3 star Tim Burns Jr
3 star Cortez McKenzie

Class of 22:
12. 3-star Quan Lee
13. 3-star Jamal Johnson

This is a really accurate list for the most part. Metayer and Hammett were definite drops though.

Advertisement
This is a really accurate list for the most part. Metayer and Hammett were definite drops though.

I couldn’t remember on Hammett, honestly bro. So many have come & gone. But like I said, to get back the studs to re-commit is outstanding.

Advertisement
Back