NFL Draft 2022 Draft Discussion and post draft free agency

Advertisement
This one is BAD, but at the time I remember thinking 2013 was particularly awful as well
Perhaps most teams have learned the lesson of past years. And, stats are overrated in today’s college offenses, and defenseless defenses.

2013…

Notables: EJ Manuel (Round 1, Bills), Geno Smith (Round 2, Jets), Mike Glennon (Round 3, Buccaneers), Matt Barkley (Round 4, Eagles), Ryan Nassib (Round 4, Giants), Landry Jones (Round 4, Steelers)

The 2013 draft class as a whole is unremarkable. Manuel was a surprise first-rounder; many expected Smith to be the first to be selected. Some even suggested that Nassib was the best quarterback in this class. Barkley was projected to be among the first players taken in a 2012 draft class that included Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III as the top two players selected. Instead, he returned for his senior season at USC, didn't have as impressive a year as he did as a junior and suffered a shoulder injury.

Tolbert is a great pick for Dallas in the 3rd round.

He was one of my sleepers in this draft, really talented player.
With the loss of Cooper, he's got a chance to be an early contributor. CeeDee Lamb is the obvious DAWG, I do like Gallup, but he's coming off an injury and the rest of their WRs ain't anything special (James Washington, Noah Brown, TJ Vasher, etc.). Good opportunity and he really matches what Dallas does.

In recent years, I fade pre-draft rankings. They are just so sterile and take nothing into consideration its hard to take them seriously. Talking through the top guys, maybe...top 5 players is cool and all...but in depth analysis on an entire group is worthless. I like the idea of post-draft rankings that now take that sterile eval and apply some context, situation, etc. You get a better analysis of the player.

Tolbert is a perfect example...he was drafted as WR15...post-draft, he's a Top 10 WR in this class considering his new circumstance. Really good fit considering Dallas loves the deep ball. Thats this dude.

Advertisement
With the loss of Cooper, he's got a chance to be an early contributor. CeeDee Lamb is the obvious DAWG, I do like Gallup, but he's coming off an injury and the rest of their WRs ain't anything special (James Washington, Noah Brown, TJ Vasher, etc.). Good opportunity and he really matches what Dallas does.

In recent years, I fade pre-draft rankings. They are just so sterile and take nothing into consideration its hard to take them seriously. Talking through the top guys, maybe...top 5 players is cool and all...but in depth analysis on an entire group is worthless. I like the idea of post-draft rankings that now take that sterile eval and apply some context, situation, etc. You get a better analysis of the player.

Tolbert is a perfect example...he was drafted as WR15...post-draft, he's a Top 10 WR in this class considering his new circumstance. Really good fit considering Dallas loves the deep ball. Thats this dude.
4.49 speed, lead all of college football in catches over 15 yards or more for the last 3 years, 33% target share rate, plays very well against press man coverage & has a great catch radius with 10’1 inch hands.

Biggest knock on him was sometimes he had focus drops, but otherwise in terms of talent & upside he could’ve justifiably been a 2nd round pick. Dallas getting him at 88 in the 3rd round was a steal, he’s a perfect fit in their offense.

4.49 speed, lead all of college football in catches over 15 yards or more for the last 3 years, 33% target share rate, plays very well against press man coverage & has a great catch radius with 10’1 inch hands.

Biggest knock on him was sometimes he had focus drops, but otherwise in terms of talent & upside he could’ve justifiably been a 2nd round pick. Dallas getting him at 88 in the 3rd round was a steal, he’s a perfect fit in their offense.
LCE - what’s the issue with Rambo being picked prior to round 6? Speed and arm length?

Advertisement
Drafting kickers and especially punters is stupid anywhere above the 7th round.

Anyone know much about Bucs pick at the top of the 2nd round, DL Logan Hall from Houston? Seem like a replacement for Suh, unless Suh resigns for another year.

Very very good prospect; Twitchy Big athletic behemoth DE, plays with violent hands & has very good inside swim technique against blockers. He’s an explosive big man that can play 5-tech or inside 4.

Advertisement
LCE - what’s the issue with Rambo being picked prior to round 6? Speed and arm length?
Lack of raw speed, too many simple route drops & teams don’t love his physicality or lack thereof.

I loved him at Miami, he was the best WR we had since Ahmmon Richards & Stacy Coley, was terrific for us in Lashlee’s system, but unfortunately NFL GM’s aren’t fans they look at things objectively in Black & White, not in Orange & Green.

I hope he gets drafted higher than expected & I think he can do well in the league if he goes to the right team & gets an opportunity, it’s just been projected that he was most likely a 7th rounder/UDFA.

The Chiefs jut got my biggest sleeper CB in the draft!

Joshua Williams has exponential upside & outstanding ball skills, he’s a late 1st/2nd round talent that got stolen in the 4th.

Was hoping & praying my Ravens would pick him, but that kid is a **** good prospect.

The Chiefs jut got my biggest sleeper CB in the draft!

Joshua Williams has exponential upside & outstanding ball skills, he’s a late 1st/2nd round talent that got stolen in the 4th.

Was hoping & praying my Ravens would pick him, but that kid is a **** good prospect.
Just saw it and came to see your reaction lol.

I'm assuming that since we took a punter this is gonna be kochs last year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back