NFL Draft 2022 Draft Discussion and post draft free agency

They still got prime A Rod they better mortgage it all and trade up.
I’ve seen that they can get as high as 8 if they package the two picks. They need to get as high as they can. I’d like for them to take two tbh. Lazard is decent but MVS left in free agency and it ain’t gonna be Cobb or freakin Sammy Watkins

Advertisement
I’ve seen that they can get as high as 8 if they package the two picks. They need to get as high as they can. I’d like for them to take two tbh. Lazard is decent but MVS left in free agency and it ain’t gonna be Cobb or freakin Sammy Watkins

Go get Drake London. I would try to pull the trigger for that.

What you got in mind with our 2nd first?

Hoping they don’t go QB.

We got too many holes. We are a rebuild. Build some other pieces let Goff bum it out one more season and get a top QB next year.

I don’t like this class
Package a 5 this year and a 3 or 4 next year and see if the Browns will give us Baker (I know, he's not great, but better than Goff [admittedly, a low bar] and is capable of catching lightning in a bottle every once in a while). That'd be better than using a 1st rounder on Baker-lite (Corral) or baby-hands Pickett.

Flock lets go!

I hope we take the best CB available or Devin Lloyd.

I think they’ll probably take an Edge Rusher, or Jordan Davis or Tyler Linderbaum if we stay at 14.

But Ian Rapoport is reporting that the Ravens have been making calls about possibly moving up into the top 10.
If Stingley and Sauce are both gone. ( I think they will be) would you be open to trading back? Maybe taking someone like mcreary later?

Also devin lloyd in the first or Brandon smith in the 2nd?

I've basically surrendered myself to the fact its linderbaum or davis so I've been playing a lot of the what if game lol.

Jacksonville taking Travon Walker is something Jacksonville would do if they picked at 1, 2, 5, 9, 15, 29...doesn't matter...that pick is very Jags. This team has taken zero non SEC or greater Southeast USA players in like a decade. Most R2 picks from the SEC too.

They don't understand how to evaluate.

Advertisement
Package a 5 this year and a 3 or 4 next year and see if the Browns will give us Baker (I know, he's not great, but better than Goff [admittedly, a low bar] and is capable of catching lightning in a bottle every once in a while). That'd be better than using a 1st rounder on Baker-lite (Corral) or baby-hands Pickett.

**** another Lions fan on the board!

What’s up man! Baker > Goff for sure.

I also don’t mind being heavy on the defense this draft. We need it plus another WR.

Amon-Ra was a steal. But I believed in that kid since his HS tape even though he underperformed at USC. (That actually happens a lot with former 5 stars, do **** in college but shine/hang around in the league)

I would just BPA this draft and not reach. We got a ton of holes and not about to fix it all in this draft.

Swift, St. Brown, Hockenson, can be alright. Get QB1 another weapon and sets up our ‘23 QB nicely. We likely drafting top 5 again so Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, TVD, Grayson McCall all options alongside more OL and Defense picks in ‘23

If Stingley and Sauce are both gone. ( I think they will be) would you be open to trading back? Maybe taking someone like mcreary later?

Also devin lloyd in the first or Brandon smith in the 2nd?

I've basically surrendered myself to the fact its linderbaum or davis so I've been playing a lot of the what if game lol.
I don’t think they’ll trade back because there’s so many good prospects to take at 14 it wouldn’t make sense moving back, especially with already having 9 picks in the first 4 rounds.

I don’t see us taking 2 LB’s in the first 2 rounds, Brandon Smith was under productive at PSU, I’d rather us get Boye Mafe, Joshua Pascal or Dominque Robinson if we’re taking a pass rusher in the 2nd round.

As long as we take a CB within the first two rounds I’ll be happy, if we wait until the 3rd round we’ll be making a mistake.

But we should draft at least 2 of them, one early & another with one of the Five 4th round picks we have.
(Although I’m almost certain we’ll package up a few of those picks & make a trade lol)

Advertisement
**** another Lions fan on the board!

What’s up man! Baker > Goff for sure.

I also don’t mind being heavy on the defense this draft. We need it plus another WR.

Amon-Ra was a steal. But I believed in that kid since his HS tape even though he underperformed at USC. (That actually happens a lot with former 5 stars, do **** in college but shine/hang around in the league)

I would just BPA this draft and not reach. We got a ton of holes and not about to fix it all in this draft.

Swift, St. Brown, Hockenson, can be alright. Get QB1 another weapon and sets up our ‘23 QB nicely. We likely drafting top 5 again so Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, TVD, Grayson McCall all options alongside more OL and Defense picks in ‘23
My first waking memory, at like 4 years old, was Barry in the 97 Thanksgiving game against the bears. I can still see him running in my mind. Was hooked ever since.

The offense seems like it could be pretty good (with a decent qb, lol) - which is strange to say. All 5 starters back on the line, Swift looks good, could use a true #1 outside (pretty much ever team can say that).

Definitely defense - early and often. I prefer KT over Hutchinson, but wouldn’t complain with either. I know there’s no way Jordan Davis or Nakobe Dean fall to 32 or 34…

F3370BE2-A781-43BE-A152-FC035C5483A8.gif

I don’t think they’ll trade back because there’s so many good prospects to take at 14 it wouldn’t make sense moving back, especially with already having 9 picks in the first 4 rounds.

I don’t see us taking 2 LB’s in the first 2 rounds, Brandon Smith was under productive at PSU, I’d rather us get Boye Mafe, Joshua Pascal or Dominque Robinson if we’re taking a pass rusher in the 2nd round.

As long as we take a CB within the first two rounds I’ll be happy, if we wait until the 3rd round we’ll be making a mistake.

But we should draft at least 2 of them, one early & another with one of the Five 4th round picks we have.
(Although I’m almost certain we’ll package up a few of those picks & make a trade lol
I wouldn't mind our 2nd plus a 4th or 2 to jump into the 33-38 range.

Think either of the Washington duo last until our 2nd?

Also whose been coaching their dbs? Been consistently putting solid players in the league.

I assume one of of the later picks will be a te? Think we'll go blocking like boyle or jumbo receiver?

I wouldn't mind our 2nd plus a 4th or 2 to jump into the 33-38 range.

Think either of the Washington duo last until our 2nd?

Also whose been coaching their dbs? Been consistently putting solid players in the league.

I assume one of of the later picks will be a te? Think we'll go blocking like boyle or jumbo receiver?
McDuffie definitely won’t be, but Kyler Gordon could possibly be available in the 2nd round.

And Jimmy Lake was the guy that recruited, signed & developed all those UW DB’s that have been doing very well in league, from Byron Murphy, Buddha Baker, Elijah Molden & now Trent McDuffie & Kyler Gordon.

I definitely think one of the 9 picks will be a TE, Jelani Woods be the perfect fit if he’s available in the 4th. I don’t think they’ll draft another Blocking TE because Lamar thrives better when having a 2 TE offense with both guys being receiving options because otherwise teams will continue to double team Mark Andrews. Isaiah Likely, Cole Turner & James Mitchell also all fit with what they need for a 2nd TE.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back