2022 DB Jordan Allen Recaps Miami OV

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2022 3-star DB Jordan Allen out of Lafayette, Louisiana took an official visit to Miami this past weekend and spoke about how things went down.

“I got there Thursday night. Friday morning, I woke up at 8:00. We had breakfast at coach (Manny) Diaz’s house. After that we went to go tour the dorms and everything, the facilities. After that, we ate dinner and my host and I went out for a little bit. The next day was similar, but we also did the photoshoot and I hung out with my host some more. The next day I left in the morning.”

Miami striker Jalen Harrell hosted Allen and Harrell made sure to pitch the program hard.
“[Harrell] was cool. He was talking to me about ‘The U’ telling me that it was the move and things like that.”

Allen did not make the trip to South Florida alone.

“My family went with me, my mom, my dad, and my sister. They had a good time.”

Allen thought that the facilities at Miami were nice, but that is not what stood out to him the most.

“What really stood out to me was the vibe from the coaches.”

Coach Travaris Robinson and coach DeMarcus Van Dyke are the two staffers spearheading this recruitment, and Allen meeting them in person brought a different perspective to their previously electronic-only relationship.

“It was way different. I could see their personalities and everything. It was better being in-person with them.”

With the trip, Allen acknowledged that Miami put themself in a good spot moving forward.

“They have a good shot. They set the bar for everybody else and they set it very high.”

Allen has already seen Miami and LSU since the dead period was lifted and plans to officially visit Louisville, Penn State, and Tennessee before the end of the month. A decision will likely come sometime in August before the start of the season.

When making a final decision, Allen wants a place he can call home.

“The most important thing is I just want to feel at home. If it doesn’t feel like home, I’m not going there.”

Advertisement
From Gaby on 247…He did a “Stock Up” “Stock Down” with recruits

Jordan Allen is a potential nickel/safety at the next level and after this week, Miami feels better about where they stand with guys like Markeith Williams, Sherrod Covil and JaCorey Thomas at those key spots. As a cornerback, JaCari Henderson is somebody that is probably ahead of Allen on the Hurricanes board, so that’s why I’m trending down on Lafayette (La.) Christian Academy defensive back Jordan Allen.

Advertisement

Jordan Allen is a potential nickel/safety at the next level and after this week, Miami feels better about where they stand with guys like Markeith Williams, Sherrod Covil and JaCorey Thomas at those key spots. As a cornerback, JaCari Henderson is somebody that is probably ahead of Allen on the Hurricanes board, so that’s why I’m trending down on Lafayette (La.) Christian Academy defensive back Jordan Allen.
Coaching staff has seen this song played before....UGA/LSU/A&M etc will get that final OV spot, heck even Ole Miss will be in the running especially if we steal KRogers from their backyard. Kid will eventually want one of the offers he actually wants and we can all move on (as most of us already have).

Coaching staff has seen this song played before....UGA/LSU/A&M etc will get that final OV spot, heck even Ole Miss will be in the running especially if we steal KRogers from their backyard. Kid will eventually want one of the offers he actually wants and we can all move on (as most of us already have).
Facts. Staff is doing the right thing not overly prioritizing him cuz he's showing too many signs of looking for something better/wishy washy behavior. He's a good prospect but not good enough to be getting toyed with. I'll trustT Rob & DVD to manage the situation accordingly.

Advertisement
Facts. Staff is doing the right thing not overly prioritizing him cuz he's showing too many signs of looking for something better/wishy washy behavior. He's a good prospect but not good enough to be getting toyed with. I'll trustT Rob & DVD to manage the situation accordingly.
Agree and Spell is the other cb that if not careful could find himself in the same boat as Allen if he keeps playing around.Rogers by himself makes this cb class,add Graves and we only need one more.They will go all out for ***ans and if they miss they are looking at one of the Herderson twins,who is also a bit of a project like Spells but has great length.

Aah that’s tough I I like his film but it does look like we have options at db with how well the visits have gone. Business moves 💯

Remember he brought his parents, sister, the dog, and a lucky rabbit's foot. That has to mean something right 🤔

Advertisement
Agree and Spell is the other cb that if not careful could find himself in the same boat as Allen if he keeps playing around.Rogers by himself makes this cb class,add Graves and we only need one more.They will go all out for ***ans and if they miss they are looking at one of the Herderson twins,who is also a bit of a project like Spells but has great length.
It just feels good knowing we have coaches now who we don't have to worry about developing whoever we eventually land. I'm willing to be patient for Spells since his upside is huge, plus we're looking good for Rodgers & Graves.

I think the kid can play corner but regardless I think it's a mistake to not take a commitment if he wants in. He can really play no matter what position.

Advertisement
I think the kid can play corner but regardless I think it's a mistake to not take a commitment if he wants in. He can really play no matter what position.
I feel where ur coming cuzzin skeeter but....we have to take 4 CBs if we take him because he's already showing signs of wanting something Be$$er so until he actually lands the UGA OV or LSU OV etc, if the coaches take him commitment best believe it will be understood that they are only as committed as he is. If this kid commits to us just seems like it's a play on his end to get the coaches at the schools he wants to make a move on him. IMO UGA wants Spells over him solely due to level of HS competition, thereby Spells is being projected to be better, even though we all know level of competition isn't necessarily a true way to project a kid. Many of kids have played private school and/or lower level competition and have gotten busy in college and even in the pros.

I think we all like Jordan Allen but don't love him. Miami probably feels the same. Have 3-5 guys higher on their board than him. Allen obviously wants to go to LSU but that offer may never come. We may never get our top targets so we might be a perfect match by the time the season starts to come to an end.

Advertisement
Back