2022 CB Trevell Mullen receives offer

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over again expecting different results.

As long as MR is the CB’s coach, we ain’t getting no high profile South FL CB’s no matter what they say in interviews.
You've been sounding depressed as **** man. The light is gone. The sparkle in your in your eye is missing. I'm worried man.

Advertisement
You've been sounding depressed as **** man. The light is gone. The sparkle in your in your eye is missing. I'm worried man.
Lol, not depressed at all.

I always call it how I see it & the fact is we’re screwed at CB as long as MR is here, that’s just the sad reality & no amount of spinning or excuse making will change that.

Until Diaz figures out that his CB coach can’t recruit worth a ****, that’s just where we are as a program, missing on every CB we’re after.

I always call it how I see it & the fact is we’re screwed at CB as long as MR is here, that’s just the sad reality & no amount of spinning or excuse making will change that.

Until Diaz figures out that his CB coach can’t recruit worth a ****, that’s just where we are as a program, missing on every CB we’re after.
If Rumph were to leave. How would u feel if they elevated DVD to CB coach? He seems like he would be an ace recruiter.

That makes it official! Just about every rational observer see this, now LCE states it.

If Rumph were to leave. How would u feel if they elevated DVD to CB coach? He seems like he would be an ace recruiter.
I think that would be a short sighted decision, there are plenty of experienced CB’s coaches available who can do the job of recruiting & coaching.

I love DVD, know him personally that’s my main man, but he has no experience at all as a CB’s coach except for a 1 year at ASA Miami Juco, for right now we need a legit unquestioned CB’s coach, not another gamble that we have no idea how he’ll turn out. Other programs would negative recruit tf out of that decision, because he has no track record of developing Corners & sending them off to the league. I think he could be a good coach down the line, but for right now, we need a more sure thing.

T-Rob is available, he should be at the top of the list if manny has the balls to make the move.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph is leading the charge for the Broward County native.

“I’ve been talking to coach Mike Rumph. I’ve been talking to him daily. He’ll ask me what I’m doing and he’ll send me edits or whatever saying, ‘Do good on your games’ and stuff. But I love the way he checks up on me,” the cornerback said.

I think that would be a short sighted decision, there are plenty of experienced CB’s coaches available who can do the job of recruiting & coaching.

I love DVD, know him personally that’s my main man, but he has no experience at all as a CB’s coach except for a 1 year at ASA Miami Juco, for right now we need a legit unquestioned CB’s coach, not another gamble that we have no idea how he’ll turn out. Other programs would negative recruit tf out of that decision, because he has no track record of developing Corners & sending them off to the league. I think he could be a good coach down the line, but for right now, we need a more sure thing.

T-Rob is available, he should be at the top of the list if manny has the balls to make the move.
I think the fact that Banda might make the move, that feels pretty lateral, is pretty telling to me that he is willing to move on. I figured he and Stroud would both be secure but that doesnt seem so. As for getting a proven coach over DVD I agree. Every school would show recruits how we promoted the assistant to the guy we pushed out. It's just not a good look. Get someone proven. If they get promoted along the lines then move him up.

Advertisement
Im Ready Lets Go GIF by E!
Don’t do it to yourselves.

Advertisement
If Banda had as much influence on DB evals as it sounds like he did, then one obvious inference is Manny doesn’t have a clear view on evals as a HC. This will be interesting to watch. I have more confidence in the new guys’ eval abilities than the guys who left, but it all has to fit together as a team. Manny’s got to come to a view on what he wants in recruits or we’re going to be having the same discussion every Groundhog day.

If Banda had as much influence on DB evals as it sounds like he did, then one obvious inference is Manny doesn’t have a clear view on evals as a HC. This will be interesting to watch. I have more confidence in the new guys’ eval abilities than the guys who left, but it all has to fit together as a team. Manny’s got to come to a view on what he wants in recruits or we’re going to be having the same discussion every Groundhog day.

If Manny was smart he would have TRob the go ahead to offer any DB

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny wants/prefers bigger cb’s, not Banda. In manny’s system cbs are setting the edge and depended on to tackle more than your average college cb. That’s why manny always says “ you’ll tackle or you won’t play”. Maybe that changes some now , I expect tweaks to the scheme and a lot more man. But previously we ran a lot of zone with cb’s involved in run defense or tackling in their zone.

He's got the bloodlines. Would be nice to get one of the Mullens in our program. Also, same high school as Malek Young who was a dawg for us. Lot of big time corners in play for us... will be fascinating to see how it shakes out.
He isnt the same type of talent as the brothers though from what i seen. Hes a div 1 kid but not our level imo

He isnt the same type of talent as the brothers though from what i seen. Hes a div 1 kid but not our level imo
Idk what it is with trevell but man every time I see him he slipping like new born deer. He is really solid and good at 50/50 balls but lacks speed and change in direction he would be a plan b kid for me but I trust t rob

Advertisement
Back