2022 CB Trevell Mullen receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Trevell-Mullen-46080152/

6'0 150lbs 4-star CB out of Pompano Beach, goes to 5A school Coconut Creek.

Is a good sized Corner with long arm length, has good fluidity in his hip movement & plays with good eye discipline. He has natural instincts & displays good football IQ in downfield coverage. @:12 & @:30 on his tape he does a great job reading the WR off his release, staggers his feet & doesn't allow him to get inside leverage off the line, then immediately opening his hips & getting on his horse to stay step for step with the WR, he reads the receivers eyes while staying in phase & transitioning to make a break on the ball & gets his head around to get the PBU on those fade routes. He routinely on his tape understands how to use the sideline as an extra defender & rarely gives up inside leverage forcing the WR to adjust on his outside shoulder, this is textbook coverage, he has good overall technique but of course needs to add more weight to his thin frame & consistently be more physical.

He comes from that Coco Creek CB factory that has produced his older brothers Trayvon & Tiawan, as well as our very own Malek Young, along with Stanley Garner, Marquis Williams & Miguel Edwards. We unfortunately didn't offer or recruit Tiawan last year who went on to Indiana & had a terrific TF season with 13PBU's & was a arguably one of the top 5 CB's in the B1G last year & a Freshman All-American.

He doesn't have Trayvon's raw speed or Tiawan's elite coverage skills, but he is very good promising corner with upside. His speed numbers from last year are not good, however I don't put too much stock in them & thunk he has good enough speed, definitely not a blazer but is a kid that can play faster as he grows & gets stronger.

Also plays for Florida Fire 7v7 team that is loaded with some of the best talent in South Fla.

Holds offers from Indiana, Oregon, Auburn, UF, Penn St, Arkansas, Kentucky & Pitt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Plays for the Fire wih lil bro, he might be the best Mullen.

Idk where he's leaning, who knows if Clemson offers and their mom forced Tiawan to go to Indiana
I think he's good, but he's definitely not the best Mullen.

Trayvon was a 1st rounder at 6'2 with legit 4.46 speed, Tiawan is pure dawg with high level coverage skills.

He's not as fast but comes from great athletic stock & can be very good down the line.

Clemson I don't think offers him. Indiana & Oregon lead for him because they've been recruiting him the hardest, but UF offered today as well & he was pretty hyped about it.

Idk what our chances are for him, but I think we'll recruit him no matter what.

PLEASE AT LEAST LET US GET THIS MULLEN.

Heads will roll when Tiawan ends up a day 2 draft pick and people find out he wasn’t offered.

This is what PFF had to say about Tiawan:

Mullen allowed just 18 catches and 10 first downs on 40 targets in coverage and owned the second-highest forced incompletion percentage in the FBS (30%). It was nearly impossible for receivers to shake Mullen downfield — he’s a sticky corner with tremendous ball skills. Mullen actually forced the third-highest rate of contested targets in college football last year (42.5%), which was 18 percentage points higher than the FBS average and over eight percentage points higher than any other true freshman. Oh, and he allowed only four his 17 contested targets to be caught while forcing 10 incompletions. In addition to his top-tier coverage performance, Mullen forced a couple of fumbles against the run, which helped pave the way to a 93.6 run-defense grade.

I think he's good, but he's definitely not the best Mullen.

Trayvon was a 1st rounder at 6'2 with legit 4.46 speed, Tiawan is pure dawg with high level coverage skills.

I get your point but no he wasn’t. He was drafted in the 2nd round by the Raiders with pick 40. Close

Advertisement
Advertisement
If true, outstanding. But, I don't see any reference to it -I only see 10.8 in Feb. Regardless, sub 11 is scootin'. And if the 10.4 is legit, let's put the press on this kid but I'll be surprised if we get a sniff of interest for him. I dunno - something about that family.
Facts.

10.4 is insanely fast, but I don't think he really ran that, it certainly didn't look like he was flying in that clip lol...

Either way he's still has some good speed & has a chance to get much better, he's a take all day.

Facts.

10.4 is insanely fast, but I don't think he really ran that, it certainly didn't look like he was flying in that clip lol...

Either way he's still has some good speed & has a chance to get much better, he's a take all day.

Agree. He would be dustin folks with a 10.4 unless the 2nd and 3rd place guys are blazers.lol

I love signing CBs that play both ways and/or are flyers. Can never have enough of those guys.

Advertisement
Back