2022 CB Trevell Mullen receives offer

Advertisement
Travell Mullin's best 100m time I could find from earlier this year before season was cancelled. It is hand times but still would be sub 11.0 electronic.

Attachments

• Mullen Track meet 2020 001.jpg
    Mullen Track meet 2020 001.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 30
What is not listed in the Athletic Net track results is the time of Jalen Harrell from early this year in the only meet he could run in as a result of the cancellation of the season. Most sites list Jaelen Harrell's best 100m as 11.76 from some years ago at Central High. However, this year he has run an official 11.38 time. Maybe it is the result of the disruption due to the virus in getting the data in. If Harrell could have continued to run 11.2 or better was quite within his reach.

Archbishop McCarthy High- Meet 2
Mar 4, 2020 ... Archbishop McCarthy High School...Southwest Ranches, FL

1.. Jalen Harrell......... Champagnat Catholic School..........11.38

2.. Justin Payoute...... Champagnat Catholic School.........11.40

3.. Joshua Joachim..... Archbishop McCarthy HS...............11.44

4.. Malik Rutherford...Champagnat Catholic School.........11.45

Last edited:
What is not listed in the Athletic Net track results is the time of Jalen Harrell from early this year in the only meet he could run in as a result of the cancellation of the season. Most sites list Jaelen Harrell's best 100m as 11.76 from some years ago at Central High. However, this year he has run an official 11.38 time. Maybe it is the result of the disruption due to the virus in getting the data in. If Harrell could have continued to run 11.2 or better was quite within his reach.

Wait until he can get the S&C at the U, something he probably never got all that much at in HS. The speed will really drop.

Advertisement

He is about 190-195 lbs. now. With the weight training here he will be 210-215 that can run.

I think @Tetragrammaton Cane and @1953 follow track too.
You’ve got good t&f sources in @CarolCityHigh and @randolph herndon

… timing from the smoke, I got 10.81 (Clearly a substandard view from behind…). Could a 10.8h in February be worth 10.4h (10.64c)? Yes. And 10.64 is state final fast (i want to say Pope ran some 11.xx’s…I’m not going to look it up though). But, that doesn’t necessarily mean this kid is 10.4h.

the below post echoes my thoughts
If true, outstanding. But, I don't see any reference to it -I only see 10.8 in Feb. Regardless, sub 11 is scootin'. And if the 10.4 is legit, let's put the press on this kid but I'll be surprised if we get a sniff of interest for him. I dunno - something about that family.

Advertisement
Plays for the Fire wih lil bro, he might be the best Mullen.

Idk where he's leaning, who knows if Clemson offers and their mom forced Tiawan to go to Indiana
After watching the tape from all 3 in high school Trayvon was clearly the best, with this kid second, do you know all 3 brothers? Curious to know why you think he’s the best one.

Travell Mullin's best 100m time I could find from earlier this year before season was cancelled. It is hand times but still would be sub 11.0 electronic.

not a good run for Jaden Alexis at this meet. A week later he ran a blazing 10.5 though

Of the Cane offer, Mullen said, “My head coach at my school told me I had got the offer from Miami - I haven’t talked to the coaches there yet, though.”

His reaction to the UM offer?

“I was like, `Dang, I’d been waiting on this for a while,’” Mullen said.

He says Penn State and Auburn are standing out slightly above the rest of his list fo now - “I like the way I’ve been talking with their coaches,” he said.

He says once he talks with UM coaches he’ll know more about where the Canes stand.

Of what he likes about Miami, Mullen said, “I like the program, like the coaches. Everybody can’t go there to make the crib great again, but at the same time I’m letting everything sit.”

Mullen does have a family tie on the current Canes’ team: CB Al Blades (and yes, Mullen's older brothers are Trayvon and Tiawan).

“He’s my cousin (on Mullen’s mother’s side),” he said. “We always talk, he says he loves it at Miami.”

Advertisement
Of the Cane offer, Mullen said, “My head coach at my school told me I had got the offer from Miami - I haven’t talked to the coaches there yet, though.”

His reaction to the UM offer?

“I was like, `Dang, I’d been waiting on this for a while,’” Mullen said.

He says Penn State and Auburn are standing out slightly above the rest of his list fo now - “I like the way I’ve been talking with their coaches,” he said.

He says once he talks with UM coaches he’ll know more about where the Canes stand.

Of what he likes about Miami, Mullen said, “I like the program, like the coaches. Everybody can’t go there to make the crib great again, but at the same time I’m letting everything sit.”

Mullen does have a family tie on the current Canes’ team: CB Al Blades (and yes, Mullen's older brothers are Trayvon and Tiawan).

“He’s my cousin (on Mullen’s mother’s side),” he said. “We always talk, he says he loves it at Miami.”

in the last 2 classes al blades jr has had cousins as cb recruits....lmao

Oh yea the Mullen mom is the funniest at games....she trolled me in real life when we played them last year

Advertisement

https://247sports.com/Player/Trevell-Mullen-46080152/

6'0 150lbs 4-star CB out of Pompano Beach, goes to 5A school Coconut Creek.

Is a good sized Corner with long arm length, has good fluidity in his hip movement & plays with good eye discipline. He has natural instincts & displays good football IQ in downfield coverage. @:12 & @:30 on his tape he does a great job reading the WR off his release, staggers his feet & doesn't allow him to get inside leverage off the line, then immediately opening his hips & getting on his horse to stay step for step with the WR, he reads the receivers eyes while staying in phase & transitioning to make a break on the ball & gets his head around to get the PBU on those fade routes. He routinely on his tape understands how to use the sideline as an extra defender & rarely gives up inside leverage forcing the WR to adjust on his outside shoulder, this is textbook coverage, he has good overall technique but of course needs to add more weight to his thin frame & consistently be more physical.

He comes from that Coco Creek CB factory that has produced his older brothers Trayvon & Tiawan, as well as our very own Malek Young, along with Stanley Garner, Marquis Williams & Miguel Edwards. We unfortunately didn't offer or recruit Tiawan last year who went on to Indiana & had a terrific TF season with 13PBU's & was a arguably one of the top 5 CB's in the B1G last year & a Freshman All-American.

He doesn't have Trayvon's raw speed or Tiawan's elite coverage skills, but he is very good promising corner with upside. His speed numbers from last year are not good, however I don't put too much stock in them & thunk he has good enough speed, definitely not a blazer but is a kid that can play faster as he grows & gets stronger.

Also plays for Florida Fire 7v7 team that is loaded with some of the best talent in South Fla.

Holds offers from Indiana, Oregon, Auburn, UF, Penn St, Arkansas, Kentucky & Pitt.

Pass & that oregon offer isn’t committ able at all.

Advertisement
Back