2022 2022 CB Jaden Harris receives offer (Commit)

Career probably Artie Burns - he had 3 solid years

Elder's senior year was probably the best single season of any corner we've had in the last decade and Mike Jackson's junior year was probably the 2nd best single season in that time span.

If Young didn't get hurt he probably had the best career of them all when it was all said and done. Just got cut short
Our best corners were Golden recruits. Burns, Gunter, and Jackson. Richt got Young to flip.

Randy aleast had a couple good corners. Manny and Richt didn’t recruit anyone at corner for 6 years! Same can be said for LB.

Hopefully Mario and crew can develop these cats. Tired of the bull****. Trob has the recruiting cache, but he didn’t developed **** last season. Maybe it was the philosophy? No clue.

And DVD needs to go off field. He has no business coaching up the corners

Advertisement
Our best corners were Golden recruits. Burns, Gunter, and Jackson. Richt got Young to flip.

Randy aleast had a couple good corners. Manny and Richt didn’t recruit anyone at corner for 6 years! Same can be said for LB.

Hopefully Mario and crew can develop these cats. Tired of the bull****. Trob has the recruiting cache, but he didn’t developed **** last season. Maybe it was the philosophy? No clue.

And DVD needs to go off field. He has no business coaching up the corners

TRob didn't coach CBs. And JW, Avantae, and Kinchens all improved over the course of the season.

Agree on DVD, hopefully Mario brings Chance here from Oregon

Even so, a lot of raw talent on this one. If Rogers returns to full knee health, the ingredients are there for a couple NFL prospects. Of course, development...

Quick edit: we seemed to buy tape measures and put them to use for arm length.
How bad is the knee?

Advertisement
I dont think DVD will coach corners moving forward. Mario has kept T-Rob for a purpose. They still dont know if they can retain him in some role but coaching CBs wont be the one. Mario understands the talent we have in South Florida on that position, not just from a recruiting perspective, but also from a development perspective.

I still think Miami will let T-Rob coach corners (which he has done, successfully, over a long period of time now) and brings in a safety coach. Monroe was listed as a possibillity and his safeties have flourished in a 3-3-5 scheme that produced two third round picks recently. Cisco was a ballhawk who would have gone higher if not for an injury. I saw him play against Howell in 2020 and he made him throw things... I wanted New England to get him, but we chose Dugger instead (which was an even better pick).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Career probably Artie Burns - he had 3 solid years

Elder's senior year was probably the best single season of any corner we've had in the last decade and Mike Jackson's junior year was probably the 2nd best single season in that time span.

If Young didn't get hurt he probably had the best career of them all when it was all said and done. Just got cut short
Man it's a **** shame what happened to Young. That dude was really coming on strong and probably would have played in the league. Not to mention we've been playing catchup on CB recruiting ever since then. This year will hopefully set it straight. Gotta' keep TRob long term.

Advertisement
Funny TRob is popular with like 95% of the fan base but playing devils advocate our defense gave up like 30 pts a game on average ?

Funny TRob is popular with like 95% of the fan base but playing devils advocate our defense gave up like 30 pts a game on average ?
I think we will have a better idea on his coaching with Mario vs Manny and his defensive scheme.

I still don’t understand how people still not get the part about Manny and his scheme.

I think he is only an OK developer and he prefers to coach press man that is NOT what our D called for. I think he is a below average DC BUT he is an elite recruiter. I am in the camp where if you can get a 6'2 kid running a 4.3 with a 40 inch vert chances are he is going to be good, coaching be damned.

I do blame him for pumping Ivey up too much but he really did not have a lot to work with. TF safeties and only one solid CB who was nicked all year.

Advertisement
Back