2022 CB Daylen Everette

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Daylen-Everette-46085466/

6'0 180lbs 4-star CB out of Norfolk VA, goes to 5A school Norview.

Had a phenomenal Sophomore season with 32tcks 11INT's & 10PBU's.

Has ELITE level ball skills, WR type hands. Excellent in coverage, mirrors WR's with his footwork, transitions well, flips his hips fluidly while staying in phase & maintains step for step with the WR. Has very good T-step technique, uses his feet to make great breaks on the ball & does a great job maintaing inside hip leverage & forcing the WR to the outside, pure technician. Has good upper body strength, understands how to jam properly & reroute WR's to disrupt rhythm & timing of routes & has very good recovery speed. Runs an unofficial 4.5 40 & is a long stride runner that covers a lot of ground, also shows high football IQ in his ability bait QB's into making bad off timed throws to WR's that may appear open but are not.

Elite level Ballhawk press man cover Corner, reminds me of a taller Dre Bly.

His older brother Donovan is a 2021 DE.

Holds offers from LSU, UGA, Va Tech, UVA, Penn St, Michigan, UF, UNC, Tenn, South Car, Pitt & Maryland.

Advertisement

We haven't offered him yet, but maybe he has some interest in us...

We missed on the opportunity to recruit another elite CB from VA in Tony Grimes for the 21 class, I hope we don't make that mistake twice.

Offer this kid, recruit him hard, win on the field & see what happens.

**** I must have missed it, I don't remember anybody posting it on here when he was offered.

Yeah I remember he was offered a few weeks ago during that barrage of like 10 offers a day for like 2 weeks straight lol a lot of those guys slipped through the cracks in terms of getting their own thread but I've updated the player database to reflect most of them

Advertisement
LCE - does this help or hurt or chances? Always better when they are closer but I am leery of IMG as a whole.

6'0 180lbs 4-star CB out of Norfolk VA, goes to 5A school Norview.

Had a phenomenal Sophomore season with 32tcks 11INT's & 10PBU's.

Has ELITE level ball skills, WR type hands. Excellent in coverage, mirrors WR's with his footwork, transitions well, flips his hips fluidly while staying in phase & maintains step for step with the WR. Has very good T-step technique, uses his feet to make great breaks on the ball & does a great job maintaing inside hip leverage & forcing the WR to the outside, pure technician. Has good upper body strength, understands how to jam properly & reroute WR's to disrupt rhythm & timing of routes & has very good recovery speed. Runs an unofficial 4.5 40 & is a long stride runner that covers a lot of ground, also shows high football IQ in his ability bait QB's into making bad off timed throws to WR's that may appear open but are not.

Elite level Ballhawk press man cover Corner, reminds me of a taller Dre Bly.

His older brother Donovan is a 2021 DE.

Holds offers from LSU, UGA, Va Tech, UVA, Penn St, Michigan, UF, UNC, Tenn, South Car, Pitt & Maryland.

WOW Norview HS brings back family memories.. my mom went there..

LCE - does this help or hurt or chances? Always better when they are closer but I am leery of IMG as a whole.
Idk, depends on whether or not we're recruiting him heavy.

For the 22 class at CB I'm sure we'll likely stay local, but other than Earl Little Jr & Trevell Mullen there aren't many big time dynamic Corners, there's kids like Jacolby Spells (Earl Jr's teammate at AH), James Monds III from Ft. Pierce & a few others, but no big time 5-stars, so maybe we go national, although I'm doubtful.

And I agree with you on IMG, we usually don't do too well with IMG kids except for the WR's we've gotten, those kids are all national prospects who usually go to top powerhouse schools like Bama, Clemson, Oh, St, LSU, UGA etc..

But if we win this season maybe we'll have more top national kids knocking on our door along with the local kids.

I'm a proponent of recruiting everybody until you get who you want, Idk if we'll recruit this kid but I don't see why we shouldn't, he's an ELITE Ballhawk.

Advertisement
Idk, depends on whether or not we're recruiting him heavy.

For the 22 class at CB I'm sure we'll likely stay local, but other than Earl Little Jr & Trevell Mullen there aren't many big time dynamic Corners, there's kids like Jacolby Spells (Earl Jr's teammate at AH), James Monds III from Ft. Pierce & a few others, but no big time 5-stars, so maybe we go national, although I'm doubtful.

And I agree with you on IMG, we usually don't do too well with IMG kids except for the WR's we've gotten, those kids are all national prospects who usually go to top powerhouse schools like Bama, Clemson, Oh, St, LSU, UGA etc..

But if we win this season maybe we'll have more top national kids knocking on our door along with the local kids.

I'm a proponent of recruiting everybody until you get who you want, Idk if we'll recruit this kid but I don't see why we shouldn't, he's an ELITE Ballhawk.
We need to dip into Texas for some players. I feel like that state is wide open L.. especially with UT and A&M struggling. What type of QB's interest you for 22 class?

We need to dip into Texas for some players. I feel like that state is wide open L.. especially with UT and A&M struggling. What type of QB's interest you for 22 class?
Braedyn Locke is a kid from Rockwall TX, who has legit interest in Miami, he visited us on his own dime with his family about a month ago & has a great relationship with Lashlee.

Connor Weigman, Garret Rangel & Cade Klubnik are all 22 TX gunslingers I like a lot too.

But the staff is high on AJ Duffy from Cali & Jacurri Brown from Lowndes (teammates with 21 DE Thomas Davis) as well.

Zion Turner is a Broward QB from STA that visited Miami a number of times & has an offer, it's been reported that the staff likes him too, but I'm curious to see where they have him stacked on the QB board for the 22 class. IMPO I haven't seen a good STA QB in years, he's got some tools & can improve but I'm not as high on him as others are.

Advertisement
BUMP, Decommitted from Clemson … told Ivins he could take a possible OV to Miami or Florida this weekend. Mario had already been in contact
1639161328699.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back