2022 5 Star WR Kevin Coleman Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t understand how people will give Brady a pass for Carolina because of the lack of talent he had to work with but won’t give Briles a pass for his FSU stint. I’ll bet he couldn’t use a good portion of his playbook because he didn’t have a QB and surrounding talent to execute.

Seems not long ago people were calling for Lashlee’s job. Then TVD comes in and Lashlee starts looking like Sean McVay
Personally don’t want anyone from that rape coverup family near my school.

shady business dealings? Totally cool. But everyone has their limits.

Advertisement
To play devils advocate though, why are some so **** bent on not wanting to even consider Briles? Brady is out and I have a hard time believing KD would come here. Briles seems like a fair option to interview and consider.

What don’t you like about him?
I’m not repeating myself every thread. I’ve discussed this ad naseum. He was a disaster of a play caller at FSU. I watched every play of every game. He consistently put his defense in terrible situations to a point where I felt he was throwing the game. He had no concept of time of possession. He called plays like he had Andre Ware at QB. Who can forget his beautiful offensive line dives during our game lol. The guy literally lost two games himself because his play calling was so ridiculously bad. Willie had to take back over some play calling mid season.

I’m not repeating myself every thread. I’ve discussed this ad naseum. He was a disaster of a play caller at FSU. I watched every play of every game. He consistently put his defense in terrible situations to a point where I felt he was throwing the game. He had no concept of time of possession. He called plays like he had Andre Ware at QB. Who can forget his beautiful offensive line dives during our game lol. The guy literally lost two games himself because his play calling was so ridiculously bad. Willie had to take back over some play calling mid season.
If I could laugh and call a post dumb at the same time, this would be it.

I must have missed your take then. Lot of **** being thrown around in these threads the past couple of weeks. I tend to align with a lot of your opinions and was curious to hear your arguement against Briles. Appreciate the reply. I disagree with you on this one though. Not saying he should be hired, but 100% should be evaluated and interviewed by Mario. Your entire reasoning is around his 1 year at FSU. I watched a couple of those games. No disagreement. It was REAL bad. But I also remember watching a couple of games when he was at Houston and he had that thing humming. I didnt watch any Arky games this year, but he put up some impressive numbers. So seems to me that FSU is the outlier here, and when you look at the talent he was working with, Im not sure what OC could have done well there.

Advertisement
I must have missed your take then. Lot of **** being thrown around in these threads the past couple of weeks. I tend to align with a lot of your opinions and was curious to hear your arguement against Briles. Appreciate the reply. I disagree with you on this one though. Not saying he should be hired, but 100% should be evaluated and interviewed by Mario. Your entire reasoning is around his 1 year at FSU. I watched a couple of those games. No disagreement. It was REAL bad. But I also remember watching a couple of games when he was at Houston and he had that thing humming. I didnt watch any Arky games this year, but he put up some impressive numbers. So seems to me that FSU is the outlier here, and when you look at the talent he was working with, Im not sure what OC could have done well there.

Let's also not forget the year prior, FSU averaged 21.9 ppg. That is downright atrocious, and given what we knew about the state of the program and the lack of talent there, it's a miracle Briles made them look semi-competent.

But nope, apparently that's a black mark for him, and we're going to ignore Arkansas, FAU, etc. And i'm a Brady guy, Briles is #3 for me...but my lord, people look at candidates with the most biased lens, and any sort of rational thinking is thrown out the window.

Last edited:
Let's also not forget the year prior, FSU averaged 21.9 ppg. That is downright atrocious, and given what we knew about the state of the program and the lack of talent there, it's a miracle Briles made them look semi-competent.

But nope, apparently that's a black mark for him, and we're going to ignore Arkansas, FAU, etc. And i'm a Brady guy, Briles is #3 for me...but my lord, people look at candidates with the most biased lens, and any sort of rationale thinking is thrown out the window.

These are the stupidest ******* people you can possibly imagine.

Personally don’t want anyone from that rape coverup family near my school.

shady business dealings? Totally cool. But everyone has their limits.
Thats fair. Thats a personal line in the sand and I respect that. I dont know what part he took in all that mess. Im just trying to understand from a football perspective why he shouldnt be in consideration. I'll leave the hiring up to Mario. But from an interviewing/consideration perspective, I dont know how you dont strongly consider him.

Advertisement
Briles seems like too much of a gimmick play caller from the games Ive watched him coach.

Reminds me of that one ****ty OC we had a while back, don’t even remember which one it was anymore at this point.

Advertisement
Blows my mind people want Chud or Dorsey. Are you kidding me!? Just grab Ray Lewis as the LB coach then 🙄

Dorsey is a rising superstar in the nfl… he’s the one that was behind Cam Newton beat season and Josh Allen has credited Dorsey with being the one to help him understand defenses, coverages and improve his throwing accuracy.

He just happens to be a Cane just like Mario

Did the same thing as a playcaller at Baylor. It's why Baylor absolutely destroyed lesser comp but would lose against good teams that could cause 3-and-outs and wear down their terrible D.

I have not watched him since he left FSU so i have no idea if or how he's grown as a playcaller.

Advertisement
Then if it’s so simple, why did defenses have trouble stopping him at Houston and Arky?
I get it they put up yards and some points. But to answer your question I think he had the one of the better roster in the AAC with Houston and at Arky he has the benefit of a Sam Pittman OL. And Pittman is probably best in game hands down at he OL piece. Both of those things make someone look better than what they are, would you not agree?

We saw him for a year make zero adjustments with FSU. There were games where they jumped out big, the other teams D figured briles out a bit, and briles was shut down the rest of the game. Did he improve their O? Yes but you or me calling plays would’ve been an improvement from the previous uear

I’m not as down in KB as most besides for the fact he is a POS for the Baylor scandal. He’s not so impressive that the scandal should be overlooked tho if you ask me, but again just my opinion

As I mentioned above, don't think you can rip Briles for his brief stint at FSU due to non-existent QB/OL talent. However, you can legit ask why would he join Taggart's staff when it was the equivalent of the titanic? Functionally the same as becoming Manny's OC if he was retained this year (Edit: actually, probably an even dumber decision than joining Manny's staff cause Manny outcoached Willie 2x).

As I mentioned above, don't think you can rip Briles for his brief stint at FSU due to non-existent QB/OL talent. However, you can legit ask why would he join Taggart's staff when it was the equivalent of the titanic? Functionally the same as becoming Manny's OC if he was retained this year.
He probably saw a resume building opportunity and tried to bring in a QB but it didn’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back