2022 5 Star WR Kevin Coleman Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Can someone please help me believe in this kid?

I can’t help but to feel like he’s overrated as ****.

Top 250 guy for sure.

Definitely not a Top 50 guy IMO.

Someone please talk me out of this.

Top 250 guy for sure.

Maybe but at this point where we are at we just need as many bluechippers as possible. This class is a mess and we are trying to salvage it. If this kid wants in, take him and figure it out later. I’d rather do this than some Manny/Golden 11th hour special.

Advertisement
No. We need 3 Wrs, and one of those WR's need to be a big body.
If you take 3 WRs this year, you are likely taking a spot from 1-2 elite high 4* and 5* WRs in the 23 class. Hard to justify that unless the WR this year is beyond elite. That's definitely not Horton and IMHO, not Gibson either.

Here is the reality that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, needs to see:

This kid is in the midst of puberty. Probably has just started lifting weights or is doing so for a short amount of time.

A proper eval is next to impossible at this stage. He is a five-star in his age group now. That can easily change over time.

At this point if Coleman visits and We get dude from Oregon. Horton has to be an odd man out no?
Nope, appears to be Ibieta....not sure if drop or him leaving for LSU......but that long coveted offer from LSU was received yesterday

Coleman-Oregon kid (#1 in state of Oregon, pops played at MNW)-Gibson me or Horton me

Top 250 guy for sure.

Do you need talking out of if you still think top 250? Solid pull regardless. BUT if you want some convincing....

Dude scored 12 TDS in 4 games in a COVID shortened 2020 season, accounted for 18 TDS in 8 games this year, and also had 5 pics on defense (Has good production)

Strong hands.

Phone booth quick. I think his speed is a little overrated but he is quick as ****. Creates good separation. Route work needs polishing but makes cuts at full speed.

I know a lot of people say JT4 because of where he is from, but he may also be like Elijah Moore. Almost identical build coming out of HS (Elijah listed at 5'11 181, Coleman 5'11 175 both are likely inflated, I think Moore measured in at like 5'8 at the combine) Moore was ranked in the 200-250 range. If he has a college career similar to Moore I would be ecstatic. Based on measurables I would argue they got Moore's ranking about right, but based on production he was a 5*.

Advertisement

Top 250 guy for sure.

Not sure what about him you are thinking is overrated but he' s got excellent athleticism, very good speed, is a hands catcher, knows how to high point the ball, creates separation with his route running instead of relying on just speed. He's super sudden so his route running could get even better with some legit college coaching, his elite short area quickness is going to make him a nightmare in the open field at this level. Size isn't a strength for him but at 5'11 with some room to add a couple of pounds it shouldn't be a hindrance either.

Long story short, he's got everything you want in an elite receiver prospect minus height/weight.

50FACF91-4D74-424E-A54B-99000ACC5689.gif

Advertisement
3 WRs in a class this size? Unless the 3rd one is Jaylon Gibson, do we need to push the issue on a 3rd when we need so much else in other areas? (DE especially. We need to bring in 3-4 DEs and at least 1 of them from the portal who is ready to play now.)
We lost 4 WRs in 2021. Pope-Wiggins-Harley-Rambo

We absolutely need 3 WRs at the very least

Advertisement
We lost 4 WRs in 2021. Pope-Wiggins-Harley-Rambo

We absolutely need 3 WRs at the very least
I agree we need 3.

Next year We have projected 2 deep of Key Smiff, Brinson, George, X, B Smiff. That is a solid 5-man rotation.

Back-ups of Redding and Daz, curious to see where Malik falls in the coaching change.

If we bring in 3 that gets us to 10 scholarship players. Unless it is the right HS kid tho we may need to get a portal player.

After next year it would take a MONSTER year for Key Smiff to declare but better chance of Daz or Redding transfer if they do not get PT. Small chance we retain every WR going into a stacked '23 WR class.

I wouldnt exactly call getting rid of Pope and Wiggins a loss.
Lol numbers wise it is a loss. Need the numbers to practice the right way. Can't be minus 2 on headcount for the WR room coming out of 2021. That's how kids lose the spirit of competition and become entitled....THEY NEED ME yet ur dropping more balls than bagman drop bags at UGA/Bama/LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back