2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
I’ve said this about the U several times. Only a handful of pro teams sell out when they suck.
Trob was right on when he said that he tells kids if you want to know what it’s like to play for an nfl team in a big city then come play here.
that’s our draw and we should lean into it. We won’t be a college town. That’ll never happen. not enough kids stay by campus enough to create one. we can be the nfl light for kids. Get trained like the pros w Mario and enjoy the big city benefits that come w it

Advertisement
People would drive to wherever if the team was good. If we suck mo one will. The students will come out for big gsmes if we’re good wherever But even then we will never be what other colleges are. Students will show up to party pre game and some will hook up w chicks and bounce to the bars. Others won’t but our student base is kids who came to spend four years in Miami to party and enjoy their undergrad, football is just an extra benefit but it isn’t the main. Reason esp for the lsrge Out of staters we habe. They also leave when they finish school. We are a main event type town that will only regulslry draw when it’s a big game. attendance will Improve w wins but it wont be what it is at other places. Even in 01, we struggled when it wasn’t a big game.

Again, alumni or not, this has CHIT to do what I just posted regarding revenue implications. This also has CHIT to do w/ a motivated booster & AD who UNDERSTANDS the importance of having ur own stadium.

TOC, you should write traveling food books mate. You always have all the great local spots to try out. My wife and I are traveling from Jacksonville to New Orleans for our first trip there. If you, or anybody else, have any thoughts of great food or local flare to try there I’d appreciate it!

Nola inside baseball:

Gabrielles
Compere Lapin
Le Petit Grocery
Gatreaus
Arnauds
Elizabeths in the Bywater (breakfast and dinner - praline bacon for gods sake)
Brigtsens
Coquette
Herbsaint
Pho tau Bay (Vietnamese)
Parkway Bakery for Po Boys
Degas
Willie Mays Scotch House (fried chicken)
Jaques Imos (ask for the deep friend roast beef sandwich its off the menu... next to Maple Leaf uptown, great opp to eat then see music)
Croissant D'Or for breakfast
Coops in the quarter for comfort Nola food and dive bar vibe
Port of Call for amazing burgers, drinks, and steaks if you feel like it. Sit at bar. Love a late dinner here.

That's my 60 second vomit it out list. Not in any order, due your own DD to see menus and vibe etc.

Best town.

Advertisement
Nola inside baseball:

Gabrielles
Compere Lapin
Le Petit Grocery
Gatreaus
Arnauds
Brigtsens
Coquette
Herbsaint
Pho tau Bay (Vietnamese)
Degas
Jaques Imos (ask for the deep friend roast beef sandwich its off the menu... next to Maple Leaf uptown, great opp to eat then see music)
Port of Call for amazing burgers, drinks, and steaks if you feel like it. Sit at bar. Love a late dinner here.

That's my 60 second vomit it out list. Not in any order, due your own DD to see menus and vibe etc.

Best town.
Strong list. Only few I’d add:
Herbsaint - bistro
peche - seafood
cochon butcher - sandwiches
Saba - israeli
Bacchanal - tapas, wine, live music

And to reiterate the amazing, underrated, excellent Brigtsens you pointed out.

Herbsaint - bistro
peche - seafood
Saba - israeli

Great list. Like I said, I was just spitting. I actually wrote Herbsaint, and I think Cochon is overrated but eeeeeeeveryone loves it. The others are great adds. Yum!

Great list. Like I said, I was just spitting. I actually wrote Herbsaint, and I think Cochon is overrated but eeeeeeeveryone loves it. The others are great adds. Yum!
I agree on Cochon sit down, but love Butcher. Totally missed Herbsaint. I’m hoping to get back for Jazzfest next year and do a healthy amount of eating.

Again, alumni or not, this has CHIT to do what I just posted regarding revenue implications. This also has CHIT to do w/ a motivated booster & AD who UNDERSTANDS the importance of having ur own stadium.
Bc even the dudes trying to build a soccer stadium had to build in ftl and still no future real plans to get it going at the melreese site and it’s been years. We just know what may be realistic amd what may not. That’s why some people would rather not waste time on some pie in the sky dream. id rather put that towards a Texas style nil deal. Either way, if anyone went on that space w slex Ruiz the other night, it was literally an info Mercial for the law firm. You don’t live in Miami you may never have. Idk that. We just know what we saw of the foot print of the campus and what other teams went through since the county and marlins built their park.

Advertisement
Bc even the dudes trying to build a soccer stadium had to build in ftl and still no future real plans to get it going at the melreese site and it’s been years. We just know what may be realistic amd what may not. That’s why some people would rather not waste time on some pie in the sky dream. id rather put that towards a Texas style nil deal. Either way, if anyone went on that space w slex Ruiz the other night, it was literally an info Mercial for the law firm. You don’t live in Miami you may never have. Idk that. We just know what we saw of the foot print of the campus and what other teams went through since the county and marlins built their park.

There’s a difference between saying “it’s a pipe dream” vs. “I don’t wanna deal w/ traffic.” So maybe that’s where u’re coming from & I can respect that, but my post was aimed to whiny fans “not wanting” a stadium closer b/c of their inconvenience; hence, why I said in the end, whether it happens or not is of no concern to me…it’s the selfish reasoning.

There’s a difference between saying “it’s a pipe dream” vs. “I don’t wanna deal w/ traffic.” So maybe that’s where u’re coming from & I can respect that, but my post was aimed to whiny fans “not wanting” a stadium closer b/c of their inconvenience; hence, why I said in the end, whether it happens or not is of no concern to me…it’s the selfish reasoning.
honestly, if we win, the distance wont matter. HRS is more conveniently located to all areas, but we all went to the OB for years and that was annoying to get to also. my honest opinion esp after listening to the space with the kid on it, its a good attention getter esp ruiz wasn't really known this publicly before the Mario stuff and now stadium stuff. either way, if they get it approved so be it. ill show up wherever, but given the Mas family tech has an approval for melreese or some sort of okay from the county and still nothing years later, im not holding my breath.

that notre dame game is etched into my memory, and i think the memories of anyone who witnessed it. every cane fan remembers the camera on those notre dame fans looking absolutely miserable and covering their ears while the stadium rocked. just stack the wins and we'll be sure to see more of that.
Bandy's INT.... I still get goose bumps thinking about it. Place was ROCKING

Agree with a lot of what your saying.
But driving an extra 12 miles isn’t really the problem. It’s driving an extra 12 miles and then dealing with traffic.
If you live here you know that a 50 k stadium in the middle of coral gables with no direct access to traffic is a **** nightmare.
The metro rail won’t decongest that one bit.
I agree you can make a beautiful state of the art stadium for 50 k fans. The AS Roma soccer team is completing a beautiful 50 k stadium that will even have an outdoor large screen seating area for fans to watch if they can’t get tickets or for fans that want to watch away games.

The new stadiums that are going to be built all over the world are beautiful.

If we can find the right accessible location with excellent space for tailgating and also a small shopping and dining village it’s a home run.

Look, we have to dispense with the myths. There will be no "50K stadium in the middle of Coral Gables". It's just not going to happen.

So let's address the real possibilities of this "and then dealing with traffic" point.

People living north of Hard Rock take the Turnpike. All expressway until you exit. The most realistic new stadium sites are east of Marlins Stadium and Tropical.

For Marlins Stadium, you stay on the Turnpike, hop on 95 at Golden Glades, and then take 836 and exit at either the first or second exit. All expressways until you exit.

For Tropical, you stay on the Turnpike, hop on 826 at Golden Glades, and then exit at either Bird or Miller. All expressways until you exit.

All locations, including Hard Rock, require a gameday police presence to direct traffic.

So we are simply talking about an extra 12 to 15 miles of driving on expressways.

Advertisement
I think that’s what people are afraid of.
I’m suspect of a stadium that’s not hard rock because idk what the stadium is gonna be like.
It’s the fear of the unknown.

What Rad and Ruiz should do is come out with a rendering or a model of some stadium that looks spectacular with spectacular venues outside of it.

I think a lot of people think 50 k in the gables and they think Lockhart or Bobby Maduro. People already mentioned metal or concrete bleachers despite nobody knowing anything about what the stadium is gonna look like.

My thing has been if your gonna do it then fckng do it right and make everyone say HOLY SHT that’s a bad *** stadium.
Look at the new AS Roma soccer stadium.

Market it as the premier venue for concerts and events for south Florida.
Make everyone in music and entertainment want to perform there.
Make the price of admission for these events worth the stadium visit. Make the event your going to see not be the only reason your going there.
Hard rock is awesome. But after the game it’s over.

Advertisement
Nola inside baseball:

Gabrielles
Compere Lapin
Le Petit Grocery
Gatreaus
Arnauds
Brigtsens
Coquette
Herbsaint
Pho tau Bay (Vietnamese)
Degas

Best town.
Thank you so kindly and my apologies for detracting the conversation. Again, many, many thanks!!!

he said he wants to play where the legends played - Traz. were moving there confirmed
We’re knocking down Miami dade north and building a shopping village and a hotel.
Players notified.

Edit: it’s actually not a bad idea. Lol
That side of the campus has a parking lot that is usually pretty empty.
Make a parking garage in the north or east side of the campus and make a new building to replace what we knocked down on the south.
Have the opposing teams drive down 17th ave and 119th street.

See everyone at the licking before or after the game.
Or get some ribs at Mama Lucy’s.

I can see it.

Last edited:
Herbsaint - bistro
peche - seafood
Saba - israeli

Thank you so kindly for the additional add mate!!!

Advertisement
Back