2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
I think the story has always been, if Clemson wants him, he’s theirs. I know Miami has made up a lot of ground but FSU is the only one offering him a wideout position andI' Clemson is Clemson. It’s always been an uphill battle with him despite some inside reports claiming we lead.
I've always found it interesting that Dabo wasn't all that interested, at least as far as their 247 reporter has said. Her usual response is "Clemson is going in another direction" when asked why they aren't pursuing him. No other details, just that comment. I don't think it was ever said on their board or ours (until now) that his former high school coach in SC is a Clemson grad. Makes me wonder more why they haven't pursued him harder. If they miss on Delp, I'm not sure they will go after another TE in 2022.

Advertisement
I've always found it interesting that Dabo wasn't all that interested, at least as far as their 247 reporter has said. Her usual response is "Clemson is going in another direction" when asked why they aren't pursuing him. No other details, just that comment. I don't think it was ever said on their board or ours (until now) that his former high school coach in SC is a Clemson grad. Makes me wonder more why they haven't pursued him harder. If they miss on Delp, I'm not sure they will go after another TE in 2022.
Well if he wants to play WR that’s probably why Clemson is going another way. Tell him he can play WR here give him a chance and if he can’t cut it move him to Te simple

I hope not, but the relationship with Clemson was built long before he left Upstate, SC. His former coach at Greer was at Clemson. I've heard there was a really heavy push for Clemson from Young and Skinner wasn't exactly "comfortable", this is partly why he left fr hie sr. season and didn't notify his coach directly. So there's that...

Some family believes that there's genuine interest in UM, but most still think Clemson is strong with FSU not far behind. The word is that he likes the idea of being used as a Wideout at FSU and he's catching passes from Duffy this season.

We'll see what happens
We appreciate the info and I’m not saying you’re wrong but what I’ve come to find out having a few people in the know with some past/current recruits, unless it’s the mom or whoever the next closest Adult to them the rest is just chatter. I knew everything about Dontae Lucas because my source was an ace. Jayden Gibson I would say my source is like a 6 out of 10. Families like to talk and guess but not always the correct info.

Maybe he doesn’t like to block. Otherwise why would there be a fascination with being a WR at FSU?

Advertisement
I hope not, but the relationship with Clemson was built long before he left Upstate, SC. His former coach at Greer was at Clemson. I've heard there was a really heavy push for Clemson from Young and Skinner wasn't exactly "comfortable", this is partly why he left fr hie sr. season and didn't notify his coach directly. So there's that...

Some family believes that there's genuine interest in UM, but most still think Clemson is strong with FSU not far behind. The word is that he likes the idea of being used as a Wideout at FSU and he's catching passes from Duffy this season.

We'll see what happens
So he wasn't happy with how heavy he was being pushed to clemson by his former coach and now they're they're favorite? Yea ok if that makes sense to you then by all mean ride with that

So he wasn't happy with how heavy he was being pushed to clemson by his former coach and now they're they're favorite? Yea ok if that makes sense to you then by all mean ride with that
Clemson was always the favorite, cupcake.
They're they're, lol

We appreciate the info and I’m not saying you’re wrong but what I’ve come to find out having a few people in the know with some past/current recruits, unless it’s the mom or whoever the next closest Adult to them the rest is just chatter. I knew everything about Dontae Lucas because my source was an ace. Jayden Gibson I would say my source is like a 6 out of 10. Families like to talk and guess but not always the correct info.
Lol, ok. I don't get paid for this ****, it's just information. Normally I don't even post in Convo with most of you because it's pointless. Take it or leave it. Doesn't matter to me.

Advertisement
Clemson was always the favorite, cupcake.
They're they're, lol
Where I think TDub is coning from is when you say he's always liked Clemson the most but was put off with the way he was pushed to commit to them only to want to be with then now but they won't take his commit something seems like it's missing. Not saying you're wrong I mean I don't care like other posters about that but people will come back trying to get the full scoop

If he wants to play WR and FSU is offering that i can see why they are in it. I don't care about all that i want him here. Pitts at UF was a glorified WR. And his body look like its gonna fill out so i don't know. He might simply outgrow his chance of even lining up at WR and come to his own realization

Where I think TDub is coning from is when you say he's always liked Clemson the most but was put off with the way he was pushed to commit to them only to want to be with then now but they won't take his commit something seems like it's missing. Not saying you're wrong I mean I don't care like other posters about that but people will come back trying to get the full scoop
It doesn't matter to me.
It's all good. It's classic message board idiocy.
I couldn't have said a thing, I guess.

At the end of the day I hope the kid chooses UM...but if he doesn't, I can promise you it was not because we didn't try hard enough.

The words shouldn't be put in my mouth...I said he was not "comfortable" with what was going on. The kid wanted the full recyiting experience and his coach is a little bit of a head case when it come to his players and Clemson recruits, if you have ever spoken to him..he is completely full of himself, and the fact that one of his star players was on the National radar made his head blow up. He really was taking it away from the player...so that's what's up.

The kid likes Clemson no doubt...but he like FSU and Miami too.

At the end of the day we need to do our job on the field, because as someone else said. Bama is always in the picture.

Tdub can believe it or not. I'm done

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back