2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
We need elite players because our coaching staff hasn’t proven to be elite in development nor gameplanning/scheme/X’s and O’s yet. We stay in dog fights with teams we should be blowing out because of coaching. Our blue chip ratio and star levels are higher than 90% of our opponents each year.
Spot on post. Curious why the poster put up the snooze symbol???...what's ur perspective on this

Advertisement
You watching the kids that are committing?.

We passing on alot of local guys for complete studs...and im the biggest s.fla homer there is...and MAJORLY Bias to Donaldson as he played at the optomist program i coached and iw as the first dude to ever bring him up on this board..(before he even had a um offer)

We have Hodges and signed Brantley last class those 2 are undersize move hback type te's and they all have multiple years of playing time left. Dont think we need to stockpile sub 6'2 te's at a high clip.

I personally would take Alfonzo Allen as a stirker but im bias to him as i coached him. If they landed their main targets in Kamari Wilson or whomever i cant even be mad as a fan.

Fair enough.

I guess my main gripes are

Lyons/Tarbor (or both)
A.Allen (especially now with no A.Will and no striker in this class, you mention K.Wilson obviously we all want him, but doubt it's happening)

I probably would take a local back (I liked Alston, Gibbs, Barnes better) as I think you need a 5 man stable...So one of Patterson, Hankerson, or Jones should have been taken imo. But it's less of a gripe than the above.

Questions... you don't think Allen could play safety here? He doesn't look like Amari Carter on film to me, he looks better. OK then at TE...Should Mason Taylor been given more attention.

All these elite players are knocking down our door huh?

I see a ton of "pretty good players" from the trip country drafted every year

I agree with a lot of what you're saying this year I do... But I believe we are going way overboard with it

No reason to pass on both Tarbor AND Lyons for instance... With no striker in this class and Avantae Williams gone why is A.Allen not being full court pressed right now? He can project at either position... Donaldson was raved on this board and 247 since he was a frosh...Now granted he kinda got caught in tweeter land as he put on weight but not height and outgrew WR...But if you are going to whiff on every TE prospect I sure as **** hope you at least keeping touch...I like a lot of what we are doing though, and last year was a nice class no doubt I ust don't like ignoring locals, especially if missing on top targets (Tolan, don't think K.Wilson is coming, Armelia just giving off bad vibes, etc)
Donaldson and Tarbor are good players but do they help us beat Clemson/Bama. I don’t think so. The strategy seems to be go after the best high school guys then fill in gaps with the portal. It different than what we’ve done but have patience. The board looks great right now. This class has the potential to be special.

Advertisement
Donaldson and Tarbor are good players but do they help us beat Clemson/Bama. I don’t think so. The strategy seems to be go after the best high school guys then fill in gaps with the portal. It different than what we’ve done but have patience. The board looks great right now. This class has the potential to be special.
I think each could help us beat Bama...Especially Tarbor

And I agree still like a lot of what we're doing.

Advertisement
Fair enough.

I guess my main gripes are

Lyons/Tarbor (or both)
A.Allen (especially now with no A.Will and no striker in this class, you mention K.Wilson obviously we all want him, but doubt it's happening)

I probably would take a local back (I liked Alston, Gibbs, Barnes better) as I think you need a 5 man stable...So one of Patterson, Hankerson, or Jones should have been taken imo. But it's less of a gripe than the above.

Questions... you don't think Allen could play safety here? He doesn't look like Amari Carter on film to me, he looks better. OK then at TE...Should Mason Taylor been given more attention.

Allen would be better as a striker than a back end safety thats not his game....He is physical and likes to muck it up in the run game.

I'd take Tarbor...im indifferent to Lyons. (was big on him early on)...Indifferent to Lyons because the Lucas kid is in play, and honestly i believe if we do land Stewart he may end up being a big time 3 tech (he is athletic as ****/ just reminds of how were using elijah roberts). Think we need a 1 tech/nose type and feel Tarbor may be the best locally at that spot.

I dont really care for a back in this class. Locally i like Patterson

Ivins is saying he has heard Skinner tried to get down for the pool party but couldn't due to some IMG stuff.

Seems so odd that Wilson got out for two days to go to UGA but last weekend Saab, Everette and one more guy couldn't get off campus to go to Clemson. Skinner may just be so new he has obligations, etc...

Ivins is saying he has heard Skinner tried to get down for the pool party but couldn't due to some IMG stuff.

Seems so odd that Wilson got out for two days to go to UGA but last weekend Saab, Everette and one more guy couldn't get off campus to go to Clemson. Skinner may just be so new he has obligations, etc...
The intention matters though sucks he couldn't make it

Bama booster threatened to cancel that tax deductible donation to an educational institution.

Advertisement

IMG is such a weird deal

Wilson is the only kid from state of florida you listed. He could easily drive or go home and get to wherever he needs to get. Or his parnts meet him in bradenton and fly out from tampa,etc

Advertisement
Wilson is the only kid from state of florida you listed. He could easily drive or go home and get to wherever he needs to get. Or his parnts meet him in bradenton and fly out from tampa,etc
So you think that’s why. Could be.

How sure are we that this kid wasn't on campus yesterday. I mean first he was coming then a report saying he's not. Throwing u off the scent maybe. There is a lot not adding tbh.

Advertisement
Back