2022-23 CBB Season

Kudos to DePaul;. Had not won a game since mid-January and plays two GREAT games in MSG. Ran out of gas against Xavier tonite but played their azzes off.

Advertisement
Rick Pitino, Jr has more of a shot at the Hoya job. Maybe Rick Sr takes St John's?
I definitely think Rich Pitino would have a much better chance at GTown than Rick.

However, Rich has put himself in position to get quite a few high profile jobs due to how well he’s done at New Mexico this year. And the fact he’s a very good X’s & O’s coach.

As far as Rick, I really have no idea who is interested, but I would guess it would be a program that isn’t worried about any backlash & St. John’s definitely fits in that category lol. I could also see GTech & USF possibly being interested in him as well.

I definitely think Rich Pitino would have a much better chance at GTown than Rick.

However, Rich has put himself in position to get quite a few high profile jobs due to how well he’s done at New Mexico this year. And the fact he’s a very good X’s & O’s coach.

As far as Rick, I really have no idea who is interested, but I would guess it would be a program that isn’t worried about any backlash & St. John’s definitely fits in that category lol. I could also see GTech & USF possibly being interested in him as well.
I don't see USF as being enough of an upgrade over Iona to pique Rick's interest. Do they have a lot of $$ to throw at him? Ga Tech would be an interesting opportunity for him. As you say, SJU would have zero problems with Rick's departure from Louisville. And, St John's really isn't all that far off from returning to prominence. This year's team had some nice pieces.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back