2022-23 CBB Season

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

giphy.gif

2 years long overdue!

I’m hoping we go for Anthony Grant, Pat Kelsey, Joe Pasternack, Ritchie McKay, or go young & get a upcoming assistant like Justin Joyner.

Advertisement

good breakdown of candidates to replace Ewing from a couple months ago
A few of the names I mentioned a while ago as potential replacements for Larra when he eventually does decide to hang it up. (Rich Pitino, Darian DeVries, Mike Rhoades, Anthony Grant)

I really like the Kim English pick, as a young Baltimore native he would absolutely kill it at GTown with local DMV recruiting & has done a good job on improving in his short tenure at George Mason.

Ryan Odom as a candidate is intriguing, he’s a good coach from his time at VA Tech & Charlotte, did some big things at UMBC & is now doing well at Utah ST.

Some of those candidates I’m not sure would even be interested in the GTown job now given how bad Pat Eww dragged the program down & completely sacked the recruiting prestige the school once had, but I think if they go for guys like English, Grant, Pat Kelsey etc they can be revitalized in a few seasons.

The academic portion of the list almost made me throw up, absolutely depressing if any of those guys are seriously in consideration lol

Advertisement
GTown administration doesn’t strike me as the type to make an edgy hire of that nature...

But if they did, I’d be on board for a couple seasons, but for a guy his age you have to have a backup contingency plan.
Rick Pitino, Jr has more of a shot at the Hoya job. Maybe Rick Sr takes St John's?

Advertisement
Back