2022-23 CBB Season

Advertisement

He’s been the favorite that most Hoya fans have been pulling for once they finally decided to fire Ewing.

He was born & raised in Providence & has coached for his hometown team for 12 years. Idk why he would leave other than, it’s just gotten stale at Providence & he wants a change of scenery or the Admin is quietly pushing him out & giving him the opportunity to go wherever he wants without forcing him to resign.

I think if he is the hire he’ll be a much better coach than Ewing obviously, & will make strides from a recruiting standpoint & overall improvement of the program, but he’s not necessarily the Coach I think will lead us back to a Big East title.

IMO Kim English, Anthony Grant, Pat Kelsey or Darian DeVries would’ve been better choices.

Cooley will get you a solid 22 wins a year & make the tourney, but I don’t think he’s gonna take GTown over the hump.

He’s been the favorite that most Hoya fans have been pulling for once they finally decided to fire Ewing.

He was born & raised in Providence & has coached for his hometown team for 12 years. Idk why he would leave other than, it’s just gotten stale at Providence & he wants a change of scenery or the Admin is quietly pushing him out & giving him the opportunity to go wherever he wants without forcing him to resign.

I think if he is the hire he’ll be a much better coach than Ewing obviously, & will make strides from a recruiting standpoint & overall improvement of the program, but he’s not necessarily the Coach I think will lead us back to a Big East title.

IMO Kim English, Anthony Grant, Pat Kelsey or Darian DeVries would’ve been better choices.

Cooley will get you a solid 22 wins a year & make the tourney, but I don’t think he’s gonna take GTown over the hump.
Looks like it’s done now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't let any of this distract you all from the fact that Pitino to St. John's is a done deal...

The Wire Reaction GIF

Hip Hop Reaction GIF

Advertisement

WSU fans seem to be disappointed

I’m surprised they didn’t elevate Billy Kennedy.

But after Isaac Brown not working out I’m guessing they wanna rid themselves of the Gregg Marshall era debacle altogether.

I think Paul is a good coach, he’s got a fiery personality that Wich ST fans seems to like, long time Scott Drew disciple & has done some really good things at ORob. He lead them to a Sweet 16 2 years ago & had a 30 win season with a Summit League title. That’s bout as good as it’s gonna get at a place like ORU.

He should do well with recruiting Texas talent up to Wichita & the surrounding areas in Oklahoma (that he recruited at ORU in Tulsa) & Basketball heavy regions like KC (KS/MO), Missouri & Illinois.

Advertisement
Back