2021 WR Class

My picks if I had to declare would be 4 WR:

Brooks
George
Alexis
Br Brown

IMO if at the ninth hour Yul Brown wants in, we take him. Would be a large WR class but high-tempo spread gives majority of these guys a chance to compete as Freshman.

Not to mention, based on the history of juniors declaring, it's entirely possible that we could lose Pope and Wiggins to the NFL after 2020...With Harley that'll be 3 gone.

Advertisement
My picks if I had to declare would be 4 WR:

Brooks
George
Alexis
Br Brown

IMO if at the ninth hour Yul Brown wants in, we take him. Would be a large WR class but high-tempo spread gives majority of these guys a chance to compete as Freshman.

Not to mention, based on the history of juniors declaring, it's entirely possible that we could lose Pope and Wiggins to the NFL after 2020...With Harley that'll be 3 gone.
If pope & wiggins are both declaring early that probably means we had a magical 2020 season so I'd take that scenario

What school does the Nabers kid go to? I’m right here in Lafayette and would go check him out live if he’s really on our list of recruits.

Advertisement
Skinner is going to climb fast once football is allowed again. He’s going to have some circus catches and he’ll be the main guy with Rosemy gone

Interested to see Skinner his senior year. I don't think we should let him get away. Reminds me of Hurns.

We cant strike out locally...this group is pretty deep. Bring me Alexis and Brooks and EVERYTHING else is icing on the cake. I'm a fan of Jacolby George over Bralon Brown if it went like that.

Skinner as a back up option locally is real good...
I was actually going to go as far as saying give me Brooks and everything else is gravy. Brooks is what Bama has come down and taken with Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy before. We have to finally pull one of these ELITE/instant impact guys eventually and it needs to be Brooks. Give me him and any other 2 or 3 guys mentioned and we fvckin

Advertisement
Alexis & George are the 2 locally at the top of the board we have the best shot with.

Brooks, Brinson & Lil Yul are all slim to none chances, even with the C-19 shutdown.

If we can get Chase Smith I think he's got great upside at WR but I think the staff would put him on defense. Kamonte Grimes is one that I wonder if they would take his commitment if he wanted in, probably not, but maybe down the line.

Wish we would push for JoJo Earle or Roderick Daniels, with running the Lashlee Offense we could easily sell kids that run the same Air Raid in HS on how easy a transition it would be to play for us, plus early PT would be a real possibility given our lack of depth at WR.

Quaydarius Davis from Dallas TX is about to get snatched up by USC, Va Tech just landed Latrelle Neville from Missouri City TX & Auburn looks to be in the drivers seat for Ketron Jackson. Basically, a nice group of their 4-stars might end up leaving state because UT & TAMU are all after other prospects. We should try to get at least 1 TX WR this class to pair up with one of the QB's we'll be recruiting outta there too. Hope we offer Dylan Goffney as well.

I'm intrigued by the two of the most recent offers we had with Malcolm Johnson Jr & Lemeke Brockington, both are probably long shots, but they both have very good speed, Malcolm Johnson especially that kid can fly. Lemeke is a very good route runner & highly productive playing at a strong program that Rush Propst built, but Colquitt kids almost exclusively stick in SEC country.

Would love to see us offer Xavier Worthy out of Fresno too, that kid is a pure blazer, ran a 10.55 in the 100 & a 21.41 in the 200m, he's a skinny/lanky kid but his routes are crisp & explosive.

Brooks I understand may be hard to pull but is Brinson gonna be that hard to pull with A&M being the only other legit threat? I understand LSU is involved but LSU will probably take better options.

Chase Smith is a guy I looked at and thought he might switch positions based on his film but he would be a good get if he did want to be a receiver. With his family ties I guess he has a high chance of coming if we give him the green light. Looked at some of the other offers to guys like Earle, Brockington, and Johnson Jr. but it just seemed to me like they were late hail mary type of offers that we won't know the outcome of for a while so I didn't include them. It would be great to get at least one out of state WR, from Texas, maybe Louisiana, or even somewhere in the west coast like we did with Keyshawn Smith.

I think the staff's focus may be on getting Alexis to commit before he really shoots up ranking. George would also be a good get that no one canbe mad at. Then you definitely try to pry away Brinson and Yul from their respective top choices and hope the Canes offense in the fall does the talking for guys like Brooks and other OOS Wrs. Other guys like Skinner Jr. and Smith are probably involved somewhere based on their raw ability but it comes down to the staff at WR thinking they can make them good for us.

I was actually going to go as far as saying give me Brooks and everything else is gravy. Brooks is what Bama has come down and taken with Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy before. We have to finally pull one of these ELITE/instant impact guys eventually and it needs to be Brooks. Give me him and any other 2 or 3 guys mentioned and we fvckin

Hopefully Payton tears up the field this fall and Brooks can see the impact he can have as a freshman/redshirt freshman in our new offense. I would say that's our best hope for getting him to commit. Schools like Bama have the reputation of taking in high recruited WRs, developing them and letting them shine, and getting them picked high. Our last high pick at WR was Dorsett, who has not lived up to his 1st round pick. Hopefully Payton can change that as I think he really can be special as a Jarvis Landry type of receiver.

Hopefully Payton tears up the field this fall and Brooks can see the impact he can have as a freshman/redshirt freshman in our new offense. I would say that's our best hope for getting him to commit. Schools like Bama have the reputation of taking in high recruited WRs, developing them and letting them shine, and getting them picked high. Our last high pick at WR was Dorsett, who has not lived up to his 1st round pick. Hopefully Payton can change that as I think he really can be special as a Jarvis Landry type of receiver.
not a chance in **** he redshirts if he comes here. That should be what sells him the most. The fact he can come here and be an instant go to WR the second he steps on campus. You are right though, gotta hope our offense shows out this year.

instant Go to Receiver?

Brooks is good but WR is one of the hardest WR to transition to from HS to College

Advertisement
instant Go to Receiver?

Brooks is good but WR is one of the hardest WR to transition to from HS to College

Most WRs beat CBs due to superior speed/athleticism at the high school level. In college the differences are much less drastic as most college starting corners match most WRs athletically so it comes down a lot to technique/situation. Expecting a freshman WR, who comes in at an athletic disadvantage to most 3/4 year corners, to beat said CBs with mostly technical advantage is asking a lot. It usually takes at least a year for WRs to catch up to speed with college athleticism and technique.

top receivers we need to be on hard. This isn’t necessarily in order but Alexis has the best size and speed combo out of the group.

Alexis
Romello Brinson
jacory brooks
Slot type- Yulkeith brown/jacolby george
* Christian Leary not coming, focus on brown and George who are great players.

I like Bralon brown alittle but his speed is a problem and not in a good way.
They need to look at Tavariah Dawson as a slot option as well, Um is recruiting him as a DB but the dude should not be limited to one side of the ball and if he wants to play WR than that's what UM should recruit him as.

Most WRs beat CBs due to superior speed/athleticism at the high school level. In college the differences are much less drastic as most college starting corners match most WRs athletically so it comes down a lot to technique/situation. Expecting a freshman WR, who comes in at an athletic disadvantage to most 3/4 year corners, to beat said CBs with mostly technical advantage is asking a lot. It usually takes at least a year for WRs to catch up to speed with college athleticism and technique.

Also most starting corners have been in the program for 3 years.

Advertisement
If UM takes 4 I would like
Brooks
Alexis
One of Jacolby George, Yukiketh Brown, Tavarish Dawson
I'm not sure about the 4ty WR.... I would like Brinson, but I dont think UM has much of a chance.

Brooks, Brinson & Lil Yul are all slim to none chances, even with the C-19 shutdown.

Agree with most of your post, as usual, but I'm hearing we have a very good shot with Yul and even Brinson if the team performs on offense.

More so than any other year, I think this crop of local kids is closely monitoring our on-field results. This can be a huge class or a disaster.

They need to look at Tavariah Dawson as a slot option as well, Um is recruiting him as a DB but the dude should not be limited to one side of the ball and if he wants to play WR than that's what UM should recruit him as.

I remember seeing his name being mentioned elsewhere but since UM wants him at CB I didn't include him. His tape at WR looks good though and he has great speed which we need. Either side of the ball, he's a stellar athlete and we should try to get him on the team.

Advertisement
Back