2021 WR Class

JB7-FTW

Sophomore
With tons of offers going out left and right all across the country, I'd like to look at the offers we have made to 2021 WRs and what a realistic class may look like. I'm going to include kids that we're still "in play" with in terms of having us in their top lists or maybe just speaking highly of us.

In State guys who we have a higher chance of getting:

Jacorey Brooks-
5 star out of Miami, FL, has a cb to Miami but with schools like Alabama and LSU involved it's likely an uphill battle. Our offense will need to show out to have a chance. If we do get him, he's a game changer.
Top 7: Florida State, Texas A&M, LSU, Georgia, Miami, Alabama, Florida

Romello Brinson-
4 star out of Opa Locka, FL. Tall guy who moves well for his size, a bit on the lanky side but a good route runner and looks smooth on the field. Former commit and we're in a battle with LSU and A&M but there's a good chance he may get pushed out and end up coming here.

Bralon Brown-
4 star out of Hollywood, FL. Prototype size with great technique, but doesn't have game changing speed. Would be a great addition to the offense but is not a must have.
Top 5: Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Miami, Penn State, UGA

Jacolby George-
4 star out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Smaller receiver who is fast with the ball and a deep threat. He was a former commit, but we are still in the picture and can beat out the other teams in his top 6.
Top 6: FIU, Miami, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, Penn State, UCF

Yulkeith Brown-
4 star out of Miami, FL. Extremely dynamic slot WR who is Lashlee's ideal weapon in this new offense. Think SMU's James Proche but juiced up. Has his eyes set on LSU, but it's unsure if they're prioritizing him as much as we are. Top 3 priority in this WR class

Jaden Alexis-
3 star out of Pompano Beach, FL. Speedster who plays fast on the field. Will be a top riser as he is going to severely outperform his ranking. According to Alexis, Miami is in the lead, which is great to hear because he should be a top priority as he would be a perfect fit in the new offense.

Quincy Skinner Jr.-
3 star out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Very raw but has decent size and good speed. Has family ties to UM and is friends with current canes. Is probably a later option but is there as a backup.

Out of State guys who have mentioned UM in their recruitment:

Cristian Dixon-
4 star out of Santa Ana, CA. Great all around prospect but not too special. Not sure if we're still super interested

Malik Nabers-
4 star out of Lafayette, LA. Tough WR who's also a good all around prospect. Mind set on LSU if they take, but we're in play if they don't.

There are numerous other OOS WRs who we have offered but I'm not sure the response for most of them. I got all the data above from 247 and looking at kids top lists posted on threads here. If there was an overwhelming sentiment that a kid was going to commit elsewhere I didn't include him. (Leary, Burke, etc.). Some kids also didn't have us in their top list so they're not here either. If there are other OOS kids who we have been doing well recruiting, let me know as I may have missed them.

If we take 3-4 WRs this class an ideal class would be:

Brooks
Brinson
Y. Brown
Alexis

If we miss on Brooks/Y. Brown/Brinson, we can look at George/Skinner/B. Brown, but it is possible that we do pull the 4 listed above if the Canes offense shows out this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good list.

Don’t sleep on Jacolby George. He looked smooth and explosive at camp and has been very productive on the field.

I would be happy to get George, he's the type of player who can benefit off this spread offense, turning quick hits into big gains. He's definitely better than his ranking. That being said, I wouldn't put him above Yulkeith or Alexis as they both are more explosive.

We cant strike out locally...this group is pretty deep. Bring me Alexis and Brooks and EVERYTHING else is icing on the cake. I'm a fan of Jacolby George over Bralon Brown if it went like that.

Skinner as a back up option locally is real good...

Advertisement
Brinson
Alexis
Brown(doubt he comes cause he’s on LSU jock)/So I’ll take George as the next up

*We win 10+ games and Brooks wants to come you take him.

OOS I like Nabers a lot we need some Louisiana kids on our roster.

I definitely think we can close on alexis & george. Lsu can't take every top receiver in America so kids like nabers or yulkeith may fall in our lap by default, and you gotta save a spot for the possibility of kids like brinson/brooks even though it's unlikely for either. A class of: yulkeith, alexis, and george is solid to me.

I definitely think we can close on alexis & george. Lsu can't take every top receiver in America so kids like nabers or yulkeith may fall in our lap by default, and you gotta save a spot for the possibility of kids like brinson/brooks even though it's unlikely for either. A class of: yulkeith, alexis, and george is solid to me.
LSUs offense will drop off this year too

Advertisement
We cant strike out locally...this group is pretty deep. Bring me Alexis and Brooks and EVERYTHING else is icing on the cake. I'm a fan of Jacolby George over Bralon Brown if it went like that.

exacly

Isn't Skinner 2022 class.

Advertisement
Malik Rutherford, Champagnat
Kahmari Lovett, Killian

I guess I looked past Rutherford as he is a GT commit, but he is for sure a playmaker who we could probably flip as he has visited. Not sure if he's a top priority but may be a backup type of guy. Not sure about Lovett, I'm pretty sure he's also a DB not a WR.

I guess I looked past Rutherford as he is a GT commit, but he is for sure a playmaker who we could probably flip as he has visited. Not sure if he's a top priority but may be a backup type of guy. Not sure about Lovett, I'm pretty sure he's also a DB not a WR.

Kahmari is an ATH. Legit 4.4. Played S and returnman at South Miami. Killian played him as a return guy and as a two-way guy, lots of sweeps, end arounds, etc. He's just a baller and has football speed for days. He'll play D1 somewhere. Senior season determines G5 or P5. Got a chip on his shoulder like a boulder.

Advertisement
With tons of offers going out left and right all across the country, I'd like to look at the offers we have made to 2021 WRs and what a realistic class may look like. I'm going to include kids that we're still "in play" with in terms of having us in their top lists or maybe just speaking highly of us.

In State guys who we have a higher chance of getting:

Jacorey Brooks-
5 star out of Miami, FL, has a cb to Miami but with schools like Alabama and LSU involved it's likely an uphill battle. Our offense will need to show out to have a chance. If we do get him, he's a game changer.
Top 7: Florida State, Texas A&M, LSU, Georgia, Miami, Alabama, Florida

Romello Brinson-
4 star out of Opa Locka, FL. Tall guy who moves well for his size, a bit on the lanky side but a good route runner and looks smooth on the field. Former commit and we're in a battle with LSU and A&M but there's a good chance he may get pushed out and end up coming here.

Bralon Brown-
4 star out of Hollywood, FL. Prototype size with great technique, but doesn't have game changing speed. Would be a great addition to the offense but is not a must have.
Top 5: Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Miami, Penn State, UGA

Jacolby George-
4 star out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Smaller receiver who is fast with the ball and a deep threat. He was a former commit, but we are still in the picture and can beat out the other teams in his top 6.
Top 6: FIU, Miami, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, Penn State, UCF

Yulkeith Brown-
4 star out of Miami, FL. Extremely dynamic slot WR who is Lashlee's ideal weapon in this new offense. Think SMU's James Proche but juiced up. Has his eyes set on LSU, but it's unsure if they're prioritizing him as much as we are. Top 3 priority in this WR class

Jaden Alexis-
3 star out of Pompano Beach, FL. Speedster who plays fast on the field. Will be a top riser as he is going to severely outperform his ranking. According to Alexis, Miami is in the lead, which is great to hear because he should be a top priority as he would be a perfect fit in the new offense.

Quincy Skinner Jr.-
3 star out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Very raw but has decent size and good speed. Has family ties to UM and is friends with current canes. Is probably a later option but is there as a backup.

Out of State guys who have mentioned UM in their recruitment:

Cristian Dixon-
4 star out of Santa Ana, CA. Great all around prospect but not too special. Not sure if we're still super interested

Malik Nabers-
4 star out of Lafayette, LA. Tough WR who's also a good all around prospect. Mind set on LSU if they take, but we're in play if they don't.

There are numerous other OOS WRs who we have offered but I'm not sure the response for most of them. I got all the data above from 247 and looking at kids top lists posted on threads here. If there was an overwhelming sentiment that a kid was going to commit elsewhere I didn't include him. (Leary, Burke, etc.). Some kids also didn't have us in their top list so they're not here either. If there are other OOS kids who we have been doing well recruiting, let me know as I may have missed them.

If we take 3-4 WRs this class an ideal class would be:

Brooks
Brinson
Y. Brown
Alexis

If we miss on Brooks/Y. Brown/Brinson, we can look at George/Skinner/B. Brown, but it is possible that we do pull the 4 listed above if the Canes offense shows out this year.
I'm all about the 4 WR class you listed. Dominoes will begin to fall once kids can visit. I can see JGeorge in for BrBrown if he doesn't commit. Could also see us taking both George and Brown if Brooks appears to not be coming, although I'm also one that, shockingly enough as it sounds, I think he stays home and winds up the face of our 2021 class.

top receivers we need to be on hard. This isn’t necessarily in order but Alexis has the best size and speed combo out of the group.

Alexis
Romello Brinson
jacory brooks
Slot type- Yulkeith brown/jacolby george
* Christian Leary not coming, focus on brown and George who are great players.

I like Bralon brown alittle but his speed is a problem and not in a good way.

Advertisement
Back