2021 TE Elijah Arroyo Receives Miami Offer, Talks Canes (Commits!)

View as article
I was on a podcast recently(Paul Scoop on the U) and I talked about how when I travel and I have my UM gear on(there is this particular UM sweatsuit from 2014, last year from Nike that I usually wear) that I always get comments as I walk through the airport terminals from random people. Stuff like, 'hey, the U!!' -- honestly, the overwhelming amount is positive stuff, believe it or not -- and to me, this is some sort of evidence that this brand is still very strong across the country to a certain degree

Im not even sure the administration realizes this...
I’ve mentioned several times on here about being in the e service in the early 90’s and whenever Miami had a big game everyone in the barracks were glued to the tv cheering for the canes. Even in Texas back then. Winning cures everything. Alabama hasn’t resonated as much despite all their wins and media nut hugging. If we’re in the playoffs your gonna see Miami gear all over the country.
There is a reason we were the first cfb school that Nike jumped on. I agree 💯 that this admin has no idea how powerful this brand can be and the cash cow it’s sitting on.
Maybe someone in the marketing field can get numbers about the numbers Miami gear has sold and where it sells over the last 20 years.

Advertisement
I’ve mentioned several times on here about being in the e service in the early 90’s and whenever Miami had a big game everyone in the barracks were glued to the tv cheering for the canes. Even in Texas back then. Winning cures everything. Alabama hasn’t resonated as much despite all their wins and media nut hugging. If we’re in the playoffs your gonna see Miami gear all over the country.
There is a reason we were the first cfb school that Nike jumped on. I agree 💯 that this admin has no idea how powerful this brand can be and the cash cow it’s sitting on.
Maybe someone in the marketing field can get numbers about the numbers Miami gear has sold and where it sells over the last 20 years.

What Ive always found fascinating is that Miami gear is popular in the suburbs and inner cities, and everything else in-between.

What Ive always found fascinating is that Miami gear is popular in the suburbs and inner cities, and everything else in-between.
Absolutely. The military is basically a slice of society and my 2 roommates were from rural Mississippi and Chicago. One black and the other Polish American. Both canes fans.

I was on a podcast recently(Paul Scoop on the U) and I talked about how when I travel and I have my UM gear on(there is this particular UM sweatsuit from 2014, last year from Nike that I usually wear) that I always get comments as I walk through the airport terminals from random people. Stuff like, 'hey, the U!!' -- honestly, the overwhelming amount is positive stuff, believe it or not -- and to me, this is some sort of evidence that this brand is still very strong across the country to a certain degree

Im not even sure the administration realizes this...
This is an understatement.. They are ******* CLUELESS..

Advertisement
Can confirm this to be true. I live abiut an hour outside of Boston and have 0 ties to Miami or FL in general. Born in ‘92 so right around the time I was able to start understanding football in ‘99-‘01, the Canes were dominating. I saw the dominance and the flashiness and the first time I saw a player hold up the 🙌🏻 I was hooked.

Advertisement
Back