2021 Recruiting

Advertisement

3. GABE DORSEY

Sneaking his way into the Rivals150 during its most recent update, Gabe Dorsey has had the chance to receive national recognition thanks to his size, play towards the end of the winter and his ability to make shots. One of the best mismatch forwards along the east coast that can toggle between positions in the frontcourt, a variety of schools remain in the mix with one out front.

Vanderbilt looks to have this one locked up, which would be a quality win for Jerry Stackhouse. Harvard, Miami, Providence and Penn State, where older brother Caleb is an incoming freshman, might have a say. Until a decision is made officially, Vandy will be sweating things out, but it’s only a matter of time before Dorsey make his move.

*Dorsey reported on Friday morning that he will commit on Sunday, August 2, at 7pm EST.

7. JALEN WARLEY

There was a point in time that
Jalen Warley was expected to prolong his recruitment into the winter and wait things out before coming to a final decision. That feeling might be changing and while there is no exact rush in making his commitment, it does appear that Warley has begun to give greater attention to his recruitment after finalizing his final list of 10 earlier in the month. There is a gap between his finalists for who exactly has a chance and who has more ground to make up.

Virginia was thought to be the favorite but recent talk has begun to swirl that has Michigan sitting in the best spot. If going far away from home is not an issue, then Oregon could have a sneaky chance. However, Miami has worked wonders with those from his area of late, but if there is one dark horse, it is Florida State. Memphis may also have a slight chance, too, with a decision date still a rather uncertainty.

Advertisement

3. GABE DORSEY

Sneaking his way into the Rivals150 during its most recent update, Gabe Dorsey has had the chance to receive national recognition thanks to his size, play towards the end of the winter and his ability to make shots. One of the best mismatch forwards along the east coast that can toggle between positions in the frontcourt, a variety of schools remain in the mix with one out front.

Vanderbilt looks to have this one locked up, which would be a quality win for Jerry Stackhouse. Harvard, Miami, Providence and Penn State, where older brother Caleb is an incoming freshman, might have a say. Until a decision is made officially, Vandy will be sweating things out, but it’s only a matter of time before Dorsey make his move.

*Dorsey reported on Friday morning that he will commit on Sunday, August 2, at 7pm EST.

Vanderbilt's been using momentum from that 2018 class I guess. Pulled two top 15 players somehow and haven't signed above a 3 star since. It only helps that SG Aaron Nesmith is projected to go in the mid first this year. Two consecutive highish draft picks. It would be nice to pull wings, as they are always needed. Hopefully we get Fudge or Warley somehow. The way this class is shaping up, this is our board right now:

Joesph
Warley/Cardet
Fudge/Camden
Kepnang/Etienne

And then there's like backup plan guys like maybe Akoldah Gak who might be related to Deng Gak, and he's not bad at all.

I also was snooping on Warley's IG and he's good friends with Camden. Being able to play together may be a selling point.

A realistic class imo could be:

Joseph/Cardet/Fudge/Etienne and then a grad transfer maybe.

Vanderbilt's been using momentum from that 2018 class I guess. Pulled two top 15 players somehow and haven't signed above a 3 star since. It only helps that SG Aaron Nesmith is projected to go in the mid first this year. Two consecutive highish draft picks. It would be nice to pull wings, as they are always needed. Hopefully we get Fudge or Warley somehow. The way this class is shaping up, this is our board right now:

Joesph
Warley/Cardet
Fudge/Camden
Kepnang/Etienne

And then there's like backup plan guys like maybe Akoldah Gak who might be related to Deng Gak, and he's not bad at all.

I also was snooping on Warley's IG and he's good friends with Camden. Being able to play together may be a selling point.

A realistic class imo could be:

Joseph/Cardet/Fudge/Etienne and then a grad transfer maybe.

I agree with you.

Obviously, Trevor Keels and Jalen Warley are the priority recruits on the wing as everyone else falls after them.

I would add Nisine Poplar to the list also and you have pretty much nailed down most of the recruiting board.

Now we just have to wait and see.

Advertisement
Anywhere but FSU please. That loss last year stung so bad, can't have that happening again. They already have two SGs, but they can definitely sell Warley on being a PG there. UVA would help our case with Keels, but Michigan helps nobody.

I understand your feelings.

University of Miami men’s basketball team lands highly touted point guard

By Michelle Kaufman

July 28, 2020 03:28 PM

Current Time 0:16
/
Duration 0:38

A new cold wave hits South Florida

play-button.png

Christmas is approaching, and so is a new cold wave. Temperatures will hit 53 Monday night. They will rise near the 70s before dipping back into the low 50s on Tuesday and Wednesday, and will hit the 70s again on Thursday. By Marta Oliver Craviotto

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got its first commitment from the Class of 2021, and it is a major one. Point guard Bensley Joseph, the top-rated recruit in Massachusetts and among the best in the nation at his position, announced on Twitter that he plans to join the Hurricanes.

“100 percent committed” he wrote. Joseph chose UM over his other top four choices — Boston College, Georgetown, Marquette and Providence. He also had offers from Iowa, Rhode Island, UMass and Penn State.

Joseph, a 6-1 native of Arlington, Massachusetts, played at Cushing Academy and transferred to Putnam Science Academy in Connecticut. He is rated a four-star recruit in the 247 Sports composite rankings and the No. 14 point guard in the country.

He is known as a tenacious defender and a confident floor leader who makes teammates better. He would be groomed to replace point guard Chris Lykes, who is scheduled to graduate next spring.

“First off I’d like to thank God for allowing me with the opportunity to fulfill my dream of playing at the next level,” he posted on Twitter. “Next, I would like to thank my mom and my entire family for supporting me throughout this process… Lastly, I would like to thank all the schools for recruiting me and believing in my game. With that being said I am 100 percent committed to the University of Miami!! #GoCanes.”

100% Committedpic.twitter.com/hHV3eNKUgF
— Bensley Joseph (@BensleyJoseph_) July 27, 2020

Joseph will join a Class of 2020 group that includes highly touted guard Earl Timberlake, forward Matt Cross and guard Elijah Olaniyi, a transfer from Stoney Brook who must sit out this year but will be eligible for the 2021-22 season. Miami has five seniors on the roster for the upcoming season, so it is looking for new talent.

Timberlake, of the famed DeMatha High School in the D.C. area, is expected to have an immediate impact. He is a dynamic two-way wing known for his ball-handling, big shots and defense.

The Hurricanes returned to campus this month and began doing socially distant practices. They were 15-16 last season before the coronavirus pandemic ended the season.

Advertisement

Miami: “Miami has a great coaching staff that I have a great relationship with.”

A positive comment about the staff.

Advertisement
University of Miami men’s basketball team lands highly touted point guard

By Michelle Kaufman

July 28, 2020 03:28 PM

Current Time 0:16
/
Duration 0:38

A new cold wave hits South Florida

play-button.png

Christmas is approaching, and so is a new cold wave. Temperatures will hit 53 Monday night. They will rise near the 70s before dipping back into the low 50s on Tuesday and Wednesday, and will hit the 70s again on Thursday. By Marta Oliver Craviotto

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got its first commitment from the Class of 2021, and it is a major one. Point guard Bensley Joseph, the top-rated recruit in Massachusetts and among the best in the nation at his position, announced on Twitter that he plans to join the Hurricanes.

“100 percent committed” he wrote. Joseph chose UM over his other top four choices — Boston College, Georgetown, Marquette and Providence. He also had offers from Iowa, Rhode Island, UMass and Penn State.

Joseph, a 6-1 native of Arlington, Massachusetts, played at Cushing Academy and transferred to Putnam Science Academy in Connecticut. He is rated a four-star recruit in the 247 Sports composite rankings and the No. 14 point guard in the country.

He is known as a tenacious defender and a confident floor leader who makes teammates better. He would be groomed to replace point guard Chris Lykes, who is scheduled to graduate next spring.

“First off I’d like to thank God for allowing me with the opportunity to fulfill my dream of playing at the next level,” he posted on Twitter. “Next, I would like to thank my mom and my entire family for supporting me throughout this process… Lastly, I would like to thank all the schools for recruiting me and believing in my game. With that being said I am 100 percent committed to the University of Miami!! #GoCanes.”

Joseph will join a Class of 2020 group that includes highly touted guard Earl Timberlake, forward Matt Cross and guard Elijah Olaniyi, a transfer from Stoney Brook who must sit out this year but will be eligible for the 2021-22 season. Miami has five seniors on the roster for the upcoming season, so it is looking for new talent.

Timberlake, of the famed DeMatha High School in the D.C. area, is expected to have an immediate impact. He is a dynamic two-way wing known for his ball-handling, big shots and defense.

The Hurricanes returned to campus this month and began doing socially distant practices. They were 15-16 last season before the coronavirus pandemic ended the season.

This article is very confusing. It says Bensley is the first recruit of the 2021 recruiting class then it says he will join Earl and Matt in the 2020 recruiting class.
Further more, it says Bensley will be groomed to replace Chris Lykes but they will not be on the team at the same time.
Did I read this wrong? I read it twice.

This article is very confusing. It says Bensley is the first recruit of the 2021 recruiting class then it says he will join Earl and Matt in the 2020 recruiting class.
Further more, it says Bensley will be groomed to replace Chris Lykes but they will not be on the team at the same time.
Did I read this wrong? I read it twice.

I think Michelle just got her wires crossed. I didn't love Matt Porter, but I do kinda miss him.

Advertisement
Back